November 17th, 2010

Royal fiances spend day in limelight

In case you can’t get enough of the news of the impending wedding of Britain’s Prince William to Kate Middleton, we’ve rounded up some of the most popular videos of their engagement news.

One of the biggest stunners was William’s choice of his mother’s engagement ring to seal the deal. The first glimpse came at a photo op at St. James’s Palace.

They spilled some of the details of the engagement during an exclusive interview– he’d carried the ring around in his “rucksack” for weeks looking for the right time!

Although they have been dating for more than seven years,Middleton demurely pronounced herself “shocked” by the proposal.

And William addressed a question on many minds when he spoke of his mother and dispelled notions Kate would fill Diana’s shoes.

In a sure sign this is a modern fairytale, many people first heard of the royal engagement via the royal Twitter account.

Saying Kate and William had “been practicing long enough,” Prince Charles fielded congratulations.

Now the world is learning more aboutthe woman who spent years in William’s circle and captured his heart.

Much of the reaction to the news that William will marry his live-in love “Waity Katie” was summed up in one word:Finally.

Post by:
Filed under: Gotta Watch • United Kingdom
  1. Treva

i am alreaDY SICK OF THEM TALKING ABOUT IT. UT ADMIT THAT I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE WEDDING. darn caps button

November 17, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Shipbuilder

It may be of some interest to note that the Queen helped the war effort in WW II by repairing military trucks! We (the west) may not understand the Royals but one thing is for certain. They are all very patriotic and will stand with the USA anytime we are in trouble.

November 17, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Loreigh

Yes, they have proven that point too. Proof is a powerful sign of truth.

November 17, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Loreigh

William really took his time and seems to have made a very calculated decision. Congrats to them. I wonder if Charles will ever be King or if he will defer the throne to William...time will tell I guess.

ps. There are some real jerks on here. Must be miserably divorced, single, or married to someone way beyond their self worth...holy smokes!

November 17, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Tamara

I hope she knows what she's getting into if this little forum is a sign of who will be her judge and jury. Nasty people. She seems very elegant and classy. Her age should help her cope with all the negative press she will get...is getting. I hope she shuts her ears to the insults and the curses of an already broken marriage that some people are speaking over their lives. My dad always told me that hurting people hurt people. Looks like we have a WORLD full of hurt people who hate the happiness of others. Shame.

November 17, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Sharla

A beautiful occasion for them. It's nice to see that happiness is still attainable in our very ugly world. I think she's absolutely beautiful, his mom would be so proud of him :)

November 17, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  6. David

I'm so happy for this great couple!

November 17, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  7. CaptainObvious

Yes let's ignore the real problems and focus our attention to a couple that has no bearing on our lives at all.

November 17, 2010 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  8. MrNoDoze

Yay! I wish I could be them. Oh wait I'm just a peasant not worthy to shine the royal shoes. I've got bigger fish to fry in my life and I suspect some of you do too.

November 17, 2010 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Avon Barksdale

BREAKING NEWS!! CNN has just gotten word that Kate Middleton's favorite color is ... blue!!!

November 18, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Avon Barksdale

In other news, millions of people around the world are STARVING and millions more have DIED today (and we still have 8 hours left in the day). But all is well because Kate Middleton's favorite color is blue! Back to you Anderson Cooper!

November 18, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Avon Barksdale

THIS JUST IN: "Prince" William likes cookies and milk before he goes to bed.

November 18, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |