November 26th, 2010

Federal agents find another border drug tunnel

U.S. authorities say they have discovered another extensive drug tunnel that stretches from a home in Tijuana, Mexico, to San Diego, California.

The half-mile tunnel, discovered Thursday morning in a warehouse in the Otay Mesa area of San Diego, is close to a similar one federal agents found earlier this month, the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency said.

In that case, authorities seized about 30 tons of marijuana in what federal agents say is one of the largest marijuana seizures in U.S. history.

Agents have made several arrests in connection with Thursday's tunnel discovery, said Virginia Kice, a spokeswoman for the customs agency.

Federal agents with the San Diego Tunnel Task Force also seized an undetermined amount of marijuana from a tractor-trailer in the area and have found more of the drug in the tunnel, Kice said.

Authorities said they will release more details about the incident at a news conference Friday afternoon.

FULL STORY

Post by:
Filed under: California • Drugs • Marijuana
  1. yogi

off topic.....you ever notice how North Korean soldiers look like they are swimming in their uniforms? Wow they are so skinny due to all the money being used for weapons instead of feeding their country

November 26, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Marijuana

will fix that! Once they get the munchies part, they start eating rocks, or even each other!!!

November 26, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  2. Robrob

@btldriver – yep, that's the ludicrousness of the concept. Legalize pot, the street price drops and the dealers are going to willingly lose even more money by paying taxes on their sales? Yeah, they're going to jump right on that one.

November 26, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  3. Lee

Whenever they "seize" a few tons of MJ, they need to divide it up into little packages and start FedEx-ing it out to every household in the good ole USA. Eventually, everyone would have it, for free, and they could use it or NOT. There wouldn't be any need to spend trillions on this stupid "war on drugs" or destroy people's lives by prosecuting users, because it would become as ubiquitous as lawn grass.

Of course, the alcohol barons would freak but too bad.

November 26, 2010 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Prosecuting

doesn't destroy lives; the decisions made to cause prosecution does, however.

November 26, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  4. Rocketship

A horse that farts will never tire. A man who farts the one to hire.

November 26, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  5. DANKDANK

They say its illegal cause it can be ABUSED. Cheeseburgers are abused everyday does that mean we should outlaw BurgerKing? You can jump off a bridge to commit suicide should bridges be illegal also?

November 26, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Almostbutnotquite

The problem with what you are using are examples where only individuals that are making the decisions are being impacted.

November 26, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Like that

Its all Obama's fault

November 26, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Ed Bailey

I am 59yo man who has seen an ugly side to our government. I spent nearly a decade voluntarily risking my life in the military "defending freedom". I was a trama room nurse on the mexican border where at and out of work I save several lives. I have always done 110% towards being "all you can be". In 2005 I discovered why every living "god's creaturee", my wife,our pets, myself were all ill because an unscrupulous business was being illegal environmentally.(Ie:5 years later, no change!) I did everything I could,contact agencies, inform medical agencies,at home efforts to protect ourselves,all to no avail. One serious medical effect of the environmental poisons we have suffered through was constant nausea.we tried EVERYTHING! Prescription and non-prescription meds worked marginally. My weight dropped from 190 to 160. I was in danger of not being able to continue my physically demanding job so I went illegal. Cannibis saved my life. I was able to maintain my physical output which improved my mental stress. My employer admitted I was a "model employee". Yet I was terminated after a RANDOM drug test. One laughable fact, of 7 mechanics my job was the most dangerous and to include my supervisors, I was the only one who didn't have a lost time work injury accident. When I was fired, 50+ other people lost there jobs. My supervisor and his supervisor with almost 60 years tenure were fired for forging environmental reports to the government. They received unemployment along with most of the production workers. After arguing my case to the point of financial exhaustion and 20 months of 0 income, my disable wife will lose what she lives for,her pets, I have to figure which highway underpass looks the most comfortable.ppresident Obama please forgive me opn a personal basis on what I say about YOUR country. I don't blame you.timing is everything and look at what you followed! America WAKE Up!!!

November 26, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  8. purtbrwowniz

Ok.. i wish i could understand the reason for the debate about weed. i do get the fact that like other things that are legal when used in excess is super harmful. i just wish that we didnt have to extend all this money behind it when there are other hings to be looking for. but i guess it is an illegal drug and being illegal it is harmful to our country as a whole. i dont want my kids using it nor do i want them smoking or drinking... and i darn sure dont want them blown up!

November 26, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  9. connolly

Arm the women...

Go into the towns, train the women and arm them to the teeth. Teach them how to evvectively KILL the BLOODY drug Cartels, Corrupt Police and Politicians and take Mexico for themselves.

November 27, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Steve

Why don't we put these agents who are so good at finding things to good use. Instead of searching for plants and holes in the ground how about we send them to find Osama Bin Laden.

December 2, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |