November 28th, 2010

Actor Leslie Nielsen dies of complications from pneumonia

Actor Leslie Nielsen, best known for his film roles in "Airplane!" and "The Naked Gun" series, died Sunday of complications from pneumonia, his family said.

Nielsen died in a hospital near his home in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, surrounded by his wife and friends. He was 84.

"In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations in his name to the charity of your choice," the family said in a statement.

FULL STORY

Post by:
Filed under: Showbiz
  1. pw

Rest in peace leslie!! Thanks for the laughs

November 29, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Sheilah

I watch a lot of old movies and I love watching Leslie Nielsen as a leading man. He was a wonderful dramatic actor. Serious drama...his roots.

November 29, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Mario

Will always be remembered!

Farewell!

November 29, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Avon Barksdale

Some of my greatest memories from the 80's are from watching reruns of Naked Gun and Police Academy over and over again on HBO. RIP Leslie, I hope you get to see many beavers in heaven.

November 29, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Avon Barksdale

I'm not gonna be able to get the theme music from NAKED GUN out of my head for at least a week. That opening scene starting from the police car window is one of the best ever. I'm quite certain that Mike Myers (a fellow Canadian) AUSTIN POWERS movies big opening scenes (which got bigger and bigger for each movie) were greatly influenced by the NAKED GUN opening sequence. Youtube them both and take a look.

November 29, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. mike

There is only one thing to say - "he was one of the greatest if not the greatest". Rest in peace and while you are in heaven, give G-d a few laughs, he really needs them today!!

November 29, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Tim Hays

One of my favorite on-screen personalities. I will really miss him. RIP Leslie.

November 29, 2010 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Ed

Leslie,

We all counting on you, and you never let us down.

Heaven just got a lot funnier.

Rest easy Bro!

November 29, 2010 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Ed

We always counted on you, and you never let us down.

The after life just got a whole lot funnier.

Rest easy bro.

November 29, 2010 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. The Lamia

"Forbidden Planet", "Airplane", "Police Squad", "Naked Gun" and so many others. He leaves a wonderful legacy and I'll always have a smile when I think of his work. R.I.P. Mr. Nielson.

November 29, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Beaver

I'm gonna miss that guy.

November 29, 2010 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Tom

Leslie Nielson was extremely funny and will forever be missed

November 30, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. T-2000

RIP Leslie

December 2, 2010 at 5:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Nick

And yet he's accomplished more than you will ever hope to.

November 28, 2010 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. tydicea

Hope when your time comes that someone will have something more uplifting to say about your sorry a$$.

November 28, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply