November 28th, 2010

Actor Leslie Nielsen dies of complications from pneumonia

Actor Leslie Nielsen, best known for his film roles in "Airplane!" and "The Naked Gun" series, died Sunday of complications from pneumonia, his family said.

Nielsen died in a hospital near his home in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, surrounded by his wife and friends. He was 84.

"In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations in his name to the charity of your choice," the family said in a statement.

FULL STORY

Post by:
Filed under: Showbiz
  1. pat

He entertained a lot of people and had a good life.

November 28, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Carlos

I received the best news ever today. I found out a new Naked Gun Movie was due for a release in 2012 called Naked Gun: The Rhythm of Darkness but I hear that its main star dies two hours later?! Why God? why?!

November 28, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Gary

Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.

November 28, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  4. frank

ran into him once, and he was a really nice guy. his comedy was top notch.

November 28, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Stephen Allen

From the early 60's in the police drama series, to the many comedy parts. Leslie certainly was a great actor! Leslie will certainly be missed. You made us laugh!

November 28, 2010 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  6. MOBADTHANGOOD

Wow, thats a shame. Leslie was one funny guy. Loved all his movies.
    The world won't be as funny a place now.

November 28, 2010 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  7. roger, Roger

"I don't know where I'll be then Doc but I know I won't smell too good that's for sure."

November 28, 2010 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. MXD

"Yes, yes, I remember, I had the lasagna..." btw – for an amazing look at the movies "Airplane" juxtaposed against it's main inspiration, "Zero Hour", take a look at this. http://www.premiumhollywood.com/2010/06/02/yes-yes-i-remember-i-had-lasagna/

November 28, 2010 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Lackanookie

So sad.. I grew up watching his movies and they will always be fondly remembered as being some of the funniest movies ever. Rest in peace Mr Neilson

November 28, 2010 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Mike

R.I.P... he was a true king of slapstick comedy :(

November 28, 2010 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Arffy

....."just wanted you to know that I'm behind you 100%...by the way, who had the fish?" And not to be forgotten line delivered to Priscilla Presley as she was climbing the ladder....."nice beaver!".... Thanks, I just had it stuffed!

November 28, 2010 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  12. MXD

"Yes, yes, I remember, I had the lasagna..."

November 28, 2010 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  13. B

Anyone who thinks he was just a goofy comedic actor should seek out his earlier roles. I'm going to fire up the blu-ray of "Forbidden Planet" tomorrow night in tribute.

November 28, 2010 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Don't forget about 'The Posideon Adventure" that is one of my favorite movies! Loved it when he saw the tidal wave coming "Oh My God" then wham-o

November 28, 2010 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Laurie

He was a good actor and he brought hours of enjoyment to those who watched him. May he rest in peace.

November 28, 2010 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Joe

One of the funniest, talented men in film. He will be missed dearly. Many young comedians should watch his movies and learn what a true comedian really is. Godspeed Lt. Frank Drebin!!!

November 28, 2010 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |