November 28th, 2010

Actor Leslie Nielsen dies of complications from pneumonia

Actor Leslie Nielsen, best known for his film roles in "Airplane!" and "The Naked Gun" series, died Sunday of complications from pneumonia, his family said.

Nielsen died in a hospital near his home in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, surrounded by his wife and friends. He was 84.

"In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations in his name to the charity of your choice," the family said in a statement.

FULL STORY

Post by:
Filed under: Showbiz
  1. William

Leslie was always on top of his game. Thanks, for the many years of laughter. The Naked Gun and Airplane and Mr. Magoo, just to name a few movies, brought tremendous laughter to Millions of fans. You will be greatly missed.

November 28, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Bwana

I will always remember him as Buck Frobisher in"Due South"..." We're going to Ride Forever"!

November 28, 2010 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  3. ThatScreenNameIsAlreadyTaken

It's a conspiracy.

November 28, 2010 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Nudge

A funny man that will be remembered for many humours lines
    including.....
    Lt. Frank Drebin: Miss, I'm Lt. Frank Drebin, and this is Captain Ed Hocken, Police Squad.
    Busty Female Shop Assistant: Is this some kind of bust?
    Lt. Frank Drebin: Well... it's very impressive, yes, but we need to ask you a few questions.

November 28, 2010 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  5. J

a precious human has left us. It's up to us now, he represented a real person, not someone who fakes life, he really lived and loved. Not like most of us who just watch what he did. How shall we deal? I shall miss him so much. I try to live and love, and will succeed.

November 28, 2010 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Sam

Great Actor... I love the naked gun series.... RIP...

November 28, 2010 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  7. J

Leslie, we will all miss your special heart and your unique soul

November 28, 2010 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mike

"Getting your nuts bit off by a Laplander. That's the way I wanna go." – Leslie Nielsen

November 29, 2010 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  9. Babygirl

This is sad.. I loved his movies.. he will definitely be missed.

November 29, 2010 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  10. Stevo

"Surely, this can't be so."

Setup for whoever wants to take it. R.I.P. Leslie.

November 29, 2010 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  11. OWLIE

Leslie Nielsen was good actor and I miss him

November 29, 2010 at 4:43 am | Report abuse |
  12. Zoh

You were best actor for the laughter... Now, you can actor to paradise people :)

November 29, 2010 at 5:45 am | Report abuse |
  13. Henrik

He will be remembered, he was one of my all time favorite actors.

November 29, 2010 at 6:43 am | Report abuse |
  14. dlyrik

He will be greatly missed...he made me laugh over and over again throughout the years...God bless and rest in peace Lt. Drebin:)

November 29, 2010 at 7:30 am | Report abuse |
  15. Richard Allen

Rest is piece brother Leslie. Shirley you are dead...and loving it...Come on, I know one of you has to remember that movie!.

November 29, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |