November 29th, 2010

Internet blackout hits Comcast users on East Coast

An internet service outage for some Comcast customers on the East Coast eased early Monday, the company said.

"Late this evening, our engineers identified a server issue that was affecting only Internet service in Greater Boston and DC/Beltway areas," Comcast spokesman Charlie Douglas said.

Shortly after midnight Monday, the problem appeared to be resolved.  Comcast engineers "are reporting service is working properly again," Douglas said.

READ FULL STORY ON CNN.COM

Post by:
Filed under: District of Columbia • U.S.
  1. Tom

The point is Phil we we live in a gravely complex world of comcasts enrons world comms compicated opaque finacial instruments wikileak diplomatic cables secretary of state ordered espionage busted lip basketball playing presidents north korean body scanning south korean artillery moving iranian russian thruster rocket building bungee jumping from the space shuttle CDOs SIVs subprime option arm Anthony Mozzillas
    Do I make myself clear!
    Oh and don't forget Hank Paulson who saved us from communism and recently announced he would give most of his 700 million dollar personal fortune to the needy and underfed including Dick Fuld.

November 29, 2010 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  2. Jimbo

Comcast outages aren't really news. slow day?

November 29, 2010 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  3. Joe

I'm a Comcast internet-only customer near Boulder, Colorado.. It's just too much money for television (basic cable is useless, half of it is religious channels or spanish programming) and a lot of stuff you can find online anyway. I've noticed my internet bill creeping up annually, but there's no other options except DSL here... and it's the same price. I don't think this is going to change unless people are ORGANIZED (which will never happen) and decide to stop paying for television and cable at these prices. Our entire society is based upon divisiveness, and it's just easier for people to sit in their comfy little homes and click "Like" or troll off some nasty internet comment rather than ORGANIZE and do something. Therefore, the companies (who are well ORGANIZED) keep control.

Besides the pricing complaints above, I will say that I don't have much problems with Comcast's service anymore. There were two times the service was horribly crappy, but both times it was resolved by replacing the cable modem.

November 29, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
    • DaN Bushnell

Hell I can't even get CNN to respond to my emails. We had same problem with Mediacom here in IL last week.

December 1, 2010 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Liz

I live in MN and we had a cable outtage at about midnight too, not just the east coast!!

November 29, 2010 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  5. vtalsoout

Vermont also had an outage last night. It started around 8:30EST and was resolved when I woke up this morning

November 29, 2010 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  6. Bob

The debt market contagion will absolutely spread.

November 29, 2010 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  7. Brian

All of you saying "just get FIOS" need to understand that Verizon FIOS is not available all over the world.

November 29, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  8. Jackson in Connecticut

It was the worse night of my life without internet. Comcast should be ashamed of themselves. My wife and I lit white candles and prayed.

November 29, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  9. phil

@Tom...your posting about how complex our world is works for me. You mentioned some of the smaller players in this 'game'. Enron, Worldcom, etc. But you left out the ones responsible for this mess: The Federal Reserve and the B.I.S. (Bank for International Settlements, in case you never heard of them) If you investigate how these two criminal agencies interact, you will understand why it is that both Democrat and Republican leaders steadfastly refuse to allow US to audit the fed...for decades now.

November 29, 2010 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  10. Tom

@phil
    No disrespect intended towards Healthsouth, LTCM or the Feds 2.3 trillion dollar balance sheet.
    Its true BIS has not made a blip on the radar but will be investigated fully starting now.
    Risk has been socialized so dance like like its the last last night of your life.

November 29, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  11. phil

@Tom...who's gonna investigate the BIS? They are in Sweden, but not really. Their property is treated by Sweden the same way Italy treats the Vatican. It's like they have their own little country. They even have their own paid militia. And they've got our own Congressmen protecting them as well. By whos authority will they be investigated?

November 29, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Tom

By the authority of the 250 billion in bullion sitting 5 stories beneath the Fed they will be investigated.

November 29, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Ruth

Very simple solution:READ. Good start,The Holy Bible.

November 29, 2010 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  14. PastorD

Our service is still down as of Tuesday morning. It went out late Sunday night. We're in the outer DC suburbs.

Comcast has always given us excellent service in the past, and has arranged to give us a credit for the 2 days we've been without service. They hope to have it up and running by this evening, so we'll see.

November 30, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |