Amanda Knox: Court has made 'huge mistake'
December 11th, 2010

Amanda Knox: Court has made 'huge mistake'

Former American student Amanda Knox gave an emotional plea Saturday while appealing her conviction in the murder of her British roommate in Italy.

Knox spoke for about 15 minutes and broke down in tears. She said that she and her former Italian boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito, are innocent and unjustly accused.

"I've been condemned for the crime I did not commit," Knox said.

Knox also added that court has made "a huge mistake."

"I don't know how to face the time ahead," she said.

FULL STORY

Post by:
Filed under: Crime • Italy • Justice • U.S.
  1. Joe

By the time they get done with her appeal after appeal she'll spend few good years in jail and sh'll be released. But until then she will spend some time in Jail regardless her worthless crying, down broken criminal she is. Until they can prove any different, she is guilty and will stay guilty.

December 12, 2010 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Cesar

@Moser and @Joe. You two guys are a pair of chumps.

December 12, 2010 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  3. GO Chargers

Very interesting story. Not taking anything away from the story but did you notice the nose on the officer holding her arm? Dang...now that's a NOSE....lol

December 13, 2010 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  4. Cesar

@GO Chargers. I did notice. I've heard women with long noses are good in bed, you chump.

December 13, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  5. outtatime

Why does it seem like those of Italian decent or in Italy posting comments here are so convinced of her guilt?? Were you there when this crime went down? By the way you talk it sure sounds like you were.Why are you so one sided? What ever happened to ..."Innocent until proven guilty"? Or as in Italy if your American," Guilty Until proven innocent. Next time you need our help saving your butts from dictators like your good friend from WWII Musallini, call North Korea I'm sure the" Dear Leader" will be glad to help!!

December 13, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • PATTIKERR

Outtatime: She has been convicted so the innocent till proved guilty no longer applies.Try innocent because I don't like the trial result. The victims family have told a newspaper they believe her culpable. They sat in court and listened to all the evidence unlike all of us making comments. The victim has got lost amongst all the conspiracy theories.
      I hope all the evidence is reviewed and a decision is made on that rather than on whispering campaigns saying someone has confessed – if they have get them to the court asap

December 15, 2010 at 5:30 am | Report abuse |
    • sandro5

outtatime......try GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT..in this case, its just that. Amanda Knox IS guilty. She is NOT Innocent, and the book IF I DID IT....won't happen cause SHE DID DO IT........so the book will be called I DID DO IT.

December 15, 2010 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  6. outtatime

PATTIKERR: I agree with you 100% about the victim being forgotten in the midst of all these conspiracy theories. Lets all remember the real victims in this case. I'll keep my neutral opinion of who done it to myself..... cause like all of us posting here, "I WAS'NT THERE!."

sandro5: Not from around these parts , are ya?? Don't bother letting us know when you write the book, " I DID DO IT ", sounds cheesy...Cheesier than the cheese on your pizza!!

December 20, 2010 at 1:44 am | Report abuse |