U.S. population grew slowly since 2000, Census Bureau says
December 21st, 2010

U.S. population grew slowly since 2000, Census Bureau says

The population of the United States grew 9.7% to 308.7 million people over the past decade - the slowest rate of growth since the Great Depression - the Census Bureau reported on Tuesday.

Read CNNMoney.com's coverage of the census report
Post by:
Filed under: Census • Politics • U.S.
  1. gangsta

Boston girl? "Come to my ghetto and say that to my face" rap this: c'c'come cccome come c'come to d...d....d ghetto boston girl oh b'b'boston girl b'b'bb b bb b girl...oh girl. oh girl.>and say that to my face.

December 21, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  2. hick trailer park/ghetto

"Y'all come to the trailer park and say that boston girl" country/western: (sounds of a cat being squeezed as it meow's steele guitar accompanied by a base note dog getting kicked> Y'all come to the trayyyyyyler park and say that. (Kick the dog 3 times) boston girl...boston girl(squeeze the cat hard, and then squeeze it softly, but pinch it's throat at the same time) And sayyyyyyyyyy that tew my face (now start crying and repeat "to my face" 3 times b4 slapping your old-lady twice) repeat as necessarry 'till the cops come.

December 21, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  3. RUFFNUTT

it's cause all the women are getting fatter and who wants to knock a fattie up?

December 21, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  4. BUTTNUTT

I heard that RUFFNUT. ps you aint gettin' any when you get home. (honey)

December 21, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Screw face

Damn the small talk send me my stimulus check mr.president and america the new year is close and i aint drunk yet!

December 21, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  6. ted

thank god you breeders r slowing down! they need to offer abortions for free or the government should give us more money back if we dont have kids instead of giving us a higher income tax return

December 21, 2010 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  7. The Truth

Ok, everyone raise your hand if you are in the 9th grade. Looks like all of you. You're excused. Now get off your mom and dads computer and read a book.

December 21, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  8. phil

@TheTruth...the avg. American reads at the 8th grade level. A few years ago, the fed's forced one baby car-seat manufacturer to announce a recall. Not for the seats themselves but for the instructions. They were written so that the average 10th grader would have no problem understanding them. The new instructions were written at the 8th. grade level.. So your 9th grade bar is one notch too high. (not to mention that your avg. university grad. is incapable of passing an 8th grade final exam...from the yr. 1901)

December 21, 2010 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. phil

Me? My spelling and especially my punctuation are atrocious. I'm a good enough reader though. The only time I'm sure of my spelling is when I'm quoting someone. I have some old pieces of paper with quotes I found interesting over the years, and I was very careful when i wrote them down. Spell check? If I did that, how could you know it's my post? Hmmm, I guess you would know either way. It has been said that it's not what you say but how you say it that is important, but that might not be true in my case. he-he

December 21, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Screw face

If u live in california every mexican has 4 babies a piece including one in the oven so it aint much shrinking here

December 21, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Screw face

They are called anchor babies atleast thats what sharon angle calls them

December 21, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  12. T

Blame it on the wrong doers. I mean with all due respect ... Why would any woman care not having babies. If u look at cheney and bush ud be glad to celebrate the idea of abortion. Before we look for population growth its better we clean up by discouraging injustice no matter how rich the person who commit them. Its just discouraging to bring a child in such a cruel painful world where the majority are the victim of evil policies and law enforcers.

December 21, 2010 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Screw face

Sure ok

December 22, 2010 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  14. Screw face

Maybe not having kids is a good thing but really life aint going to get nobody better than what it is even for the future and is the world getting any better i think not

December 22, 2010 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  15. tomcat

It only takes a few to change things. Do you think that all of a sudden a million people had the same thought? It starts with one than another and so on. Control your own destiny, if you wait, life will pass you by. Phil the cancer remark......you are better than that.

December 22, 2010 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |