Couple killed on way to plan funerals for three grandchildren
December 22nd, 2010

Couple killed on way to plan funerals for three grandchildren

Tragedy added to tragedy Tuesday when an Ohio couple died in an accident on their way to help make funeral arrangements for their three grandchildren.

Marc and Misty Royce of Circleville were killed in a crash on a snowy road on their way to help Marc Royce's daughter, Kacey Stacey, plan funerals for her three children, who died in a mobile home fire over the weekend, CNN affiliate WBNS-TV reported.

In the car accident, Misty Royce's two children from a previous marriage and a 6-month-old baby they shared were injured.  They were  treated at a hospital, as were the occupants of a second vehicle in the crash, WBNS reported.

The children who died in the fire in Wheelersburg were Dwayne Charles Stacey, 3, Emily Rose Stacey, 2, and Alexis Stacey, 11 months.

Post by:
Filed under: Ohio • U.S.
  1. D

I am a little confused from the article...I get that the mother of the three children who died in the fire was NOT in the car. The two "adult children" were the children of MRS. Royce, and they were injured, not killed. The 6 month old, the article states that infant was "shared". Shared by whom?? The Royce's? or the adult children? What a horrible tradgedy to befall a family. On a more cynical note...this is what insurance policies are for. Do not exoect others to donate to a fund. I speak from experience. We went into debt to pay for our daughter's unexpected funeral this past summer. She had no insurance...most 27 year olds don't think they will need it. GET INSURANCE ON YOURSELVES AND YOUR CHILDREN!! You can bet there is now a policy on every member of my family. I don't want my death to become a financial burden...heaven knows the emotional burden is heavy enough.

January 3, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • eufauxria

It doesn't say that Misty's 2 children were adults. It says she had 2 kids from a previous marriage and a 6 month old baby she had together with Marc, the grandfather. All 5 were on their way to help plan a funeral for Marc's daughter's 3 young children. So obviously Misty was a stepmother/step-grandmother, and a young one at that.

January 13, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. sherry

My prayers go out to this family...what a tragic loss. I have no other words than can express my sympathy.

January 4, 2011 at 1:41 am | Report abuse |
  3. Noel

My condolences, a horrible tragedy to say the least..there is no explanation for this, only a reminder of how fortunate we are to have our loved ones and our own life which is the only thing that is truly ours.
    This can happen to anyone at anytime there is no philosophical or religious explanation for it.

January 4, 2011 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Skippy.

man...I just wanted to say as an agnostic(defiantly so) I sti9ll am sickened by using this forum as a jump off for debating religious people. Tbhis is how some folks cope with the tragedy of mortality.Have a heart and some compassion. "Whatever gets you through the night",comes to mind. So does,"Time & Place". BTW why cant their be a symmetry to the universe but without a script? A Hands off GOD?? If you were Omnipotent wouldnt you get bored? If Ominipotant couldnt you turn off that super power enough to see if the beings with free will could provide you with the joy of surprise? Just asking questions I have no answer to.Maybe next millennium. My condolences to this family

January 6, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  5. francis

I don't understand. Who was the six month old in the car? It says the two children shared the baby.

January 6, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Gwen

So much posturing... it's sad to see people bickering like that.

To the family who has suffered this unmentionable tragedy, please know that in spite of our petty words to each other, we all feel the utmost sympathy for what has happened in your lives. No matter what someone believes when it comes to religion, no one can fathom so much loss and grief that hasn't been through it, and our hearts go out to you.

January 8, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Denise

Just reading the comments, this has nothing to do with religion. A young woman lost her family. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to her during this difficult time. Surround her with love and support.

January 9, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Stockroom girl

This is absolutely heartbreaking. I can't even begin to imagine, nor do I want to imagine what the remaining members of this family are going through. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

January 11, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  9. LeeAnne

I cannot imagine the pain this family must be experiencing at this time. My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected! I would hope that the children who survived will be cared for by the mother who had to bury her own children to stay together forever – for each other's sake. If I lost my children, the only thing I could think of is to care for my nieces and nephews to help fill the void of loss, of course, if that's what they want to have/do. Prayers for all of the family!!

January 11, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Amanda

What a terrible situation. Praying for everyone involved.

January 12, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  11. Fallout

Sux.

January 12, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  12. obviously

Clearly the fault of Sarah Palin.

January 14, 2011 at 3:54 am | Report abuse |
  13. loving_mom

To the family,

My you all find peace, love, and comfort. Faith is with you. My Lord and savior is with you because, I have asked him to be with you all. My prayers are with you.

I am not going to address all of the inappropriate comments on here because, I am an adult.

Too all of you who have sent your thoughts and prayers to this beautiful, strong, mother and sister may you be blessed in your life and may God be with. Too all of you who do not believe in God may you be blessed by what it is that you put your faith it. We are one, regardless of the FAITH that we have. We need to being to live as one and LIFT each other up as one. That is what Faith is about.

Once again this family has my blessing and may you all move on and do wonderful beautiful things with you lives.

January 18, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |