Singer Teena Marie dead at 54
December 26th, 2010

Singer Teena Marie dead at 54

Teena Marie, an award-winning singer-songwriter known for her R&B
performances, has died, her manager said Sunday. The performer was 54.

Marie was found dead by her daughter after apparently dying in her sleep,
manager Mike Gardner said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Music • Showbiz
soundoff (1,082 Responses)
  1. Dr. J. A. Lee

Teena was a great singer and always put on a wonderful show. RIP.

December 26, 2010 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  2. cori

Wow, Im sitting ere reading this, and its unbelievable, I cant say its not true, just unbelievable, I love teena marie, i have all of her albums, Rest in Peace Lady T, .

December 26, 2010 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  3. TRACY M

She will be missed.

December 26, 2010 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. DEEPENUF

God needed her more... May you rest in eternal peace~

December 26, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  5. BrownLady

I am heart broken at the news of Teena Marie's passing. Her beautiful voice, a gift of song, has filled my life with musical emotion and will forever be missed. Rest in Peace. My condolences to her family.

December 26, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  6. sheila o.

A voice like hers can not be replaced! Farewell Teena.

December 26, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  7. shannon Gordon

how did she die ?

December 26, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. cassandra stillwell

Teena marie will greatly be missed by all.Thank you for your lovely voice and songs.

December 26, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Theresa B.

I am sooo sad. I have always loved her music since I was young. I traveled to several different cities to see her perform. I am so sad. RIP Lady T. May your legacy be long and may we all continue to feel the love that you shared with so many.

December 26, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Michelle Merritt

Ms Marie was truly a superstar who I grew up listening to she will truly be missed & always loved.God has another angel

December 26, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. HOUSE

"FIRE AND DESIRE" HAS FINALLY COME TO FRUITION...

MY GOD, SHE WILL BE MISSED. FINALLY MEETING HER MENTOR (RICK JAMES)....

I HAVE MUSIC FOR THE TWO OF THEM.......I WILL MISS HER....

December 26, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Venus L

Lady T was a wonderful R&B soul singer! I remember when she started. I just knew a black woman was singing. I loved her voice and her songs. Rick James and Teena Marie was a joy to listen to. I thought that she was on the road to recovery. Didn't she lose weight and make it down to 150 pounds? I'd love to see them post a recent picture. Was Teena's daughter nearby, in the next room? I pray that Lady T's family cherish her memories during this sad time.

December 26, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  13. dee Ssenfuma

It saddens me to hear this. I have EVERYTHING this blue eyed soul sista has ever made. To see her in concert, she had a voice that demanded your attention. When she first started out, she was Tiny Marie, but her voice was huge. I am going to miss her, but she has definitely left her mark in this world and throughout many households. May she rest in peace.

December 26, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  14. stephanie

Rest in peace my dear sister much love and peace to your family. As though this has takenm everyone bu suprise in time our hearts and souls shall heal. We love you Rest in peace.

December 26, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  15. darlla S

omgoodness this young lady will truly be miss and already we are playing your music...R.I.P.........

December 26, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |