Singer Teena Marie dead at 54
December 26th, 2010

Singer Teena Marie dead at 54

Teena Marie, an award-winning singer-songwriter known for her R&B
performances, has died, her manager said Sunday. The performer was 54.

Marie was found dead by her daughter after apparently dying in her sleep,
manager Mike Gardner said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Music • Showbiz
soundoff (1,082 Responses)
  1. Vee Smith

Rest in Peace Teena Marie. We love you.

December 26, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  2. cassandra stillwell

That is a misquote posted by cassandra.I did not ask how she died I stated she will be greatly missed by all.

December 26, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. LadyTeeGirl

Wow CNN...what a way to report her death! RIP Teena Marie

December 26, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nanci

And how would you have preferred CNN report it?

December 26, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • T Willz

Something more than: yup, she's dead at 54.

Usually they mention what she was known for, who she left behind, something about her last works, even maybe who found her or where she was found. CNN might as well said, She Croaked under her photo. Very distasteful CNN, I would've expected better.

December 26, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  4. London Milani Rocks Gossip, Fashion, Sports & Much More.

REST IN PEACE MY SISTER WE LOVE YOU!!!!! "THATSWHATSUPNOW

December 26, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Gina Sousa

Teena, was an all time favorite artist of mine, and although she was summon home her music will be forever echoed as long as civilization exist! RIP, Teena Marie, you have earned your crown and place in paradise! I love you!

December 26, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  6. asoftvoice

U will b truly missed Lady T! may GOD send comfort to your family especially your daughter! GOD BLESS!

December 26, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Chanelle

Love you Lady T! You will never be forgotten.

December 26, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Tucan

Very sad news. Such a great talent and an inspiring person.

December 26, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Yousuf

I can't believe this. R.I.P. Teena Marie. You were THE voice here on Earth and you are now part of that big choir in Heaven. We love you and miss you so much.

December 26, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  10. tw

Beautiful soul and voice. RIP Teena – you will be missed greatly and your music will live on for many generations.

December 26, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Bella's Mom

I just heard the news. I feel fortunate to have experienced Lady T's music live at her concert in Anaheim, Ca. a few years ago. She was still jammin' hard and she was fabulous at 50+ years young. One of my all time favorites was "Cassanova Brown". RIP Lady T. You will live on forever thru your incredible music.

December 26, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Gerry Moore

I am heartbroken. I have looked that the condolences from people who are 25 years old, I am 53 years old. I was 25 years old, or younger when she first came on the scene of music. She was definitely a part about musical repertoire in our home. I will miss her dearly. God bless her soul, may she rest in peace.

December 26, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

I'm with you brother, I'm 52 now and started listening to her in my 20's... she was great!

December 26, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tim

I'm with you both. Am 53 now, was listening to and playing Lady T in my 20's as a Club DJ. I can not believe she is gone. Sitting here right now listening to "Lovergirl" with tears rolling down my cheeks. RIP, Teena.

December 26, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • APS III

"Fire &Desire"," deja Vu", "Happy", "I need your lovin", " Lover girl", "Portuguese love" , "Square Biz" , "Im just a sucker for your love" (a small list of her greatest hits)

December 26, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Barb

I'm so grateful I had the opportunity to see her in Atlantic City. She was a knock out!! Love her! May her soul rest in peace!

December 26, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Nick

RIP Teena. You will definitely be missed.

December 26, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Djanna

She will be missed. This was REAL MUSIC!!!!

December 26, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |