Singer Teena Marie dead at 54
December 26th, 2010

Singer Teena Marie dead at 54

Teena Marie, an award-winning singer-songwriter known for her R&B
performances, has died, her manager said Sunday. The performer was 54.

Marie was found dead by her daughter after apparently dying in her sleep,
manager Mike Gardner said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Music • Showbiz
soundoff (1,082 Responses)
  1. yahshayah ben yahweh

Yah bless you lady T and your family. You were so beautiful and your songs brought me so much happiness. I loved listening to you on quiet storm. I felt so much love when you sang. May you be blessed in the arms of the Lord. You will truly be missed.

December 26, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Nikkie

This is a sad day in history we have lost yet another angel

December 26, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chuck

R.I.P. Songbird

December 26, 2010 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • t

wow I am just hearing this wow so sad!!!!

December 26, 2010 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Giovanna

I grew up with Teena's music. This is truly a lose for the music world and devastating news.

December 26, 2010 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lawrence Hillery Jr

December 26, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lawrence Hillery Jr

Man, just two days ago I downloaded all her music and remember going to one of her last Concerts in the Bay Area what a beautiful lady she will definetly be missed. My condolensces go way out to her family.

December 26, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Monica (Dallas,TX)

Soulful Teena Marie will truly be missed. Teena's music was loved by millions. Her music touched the souls of anyone who had the opportunity to listen. She was that "Midnight Soul" to lovers around the world. She could flip the script and turn right around and get you up off your feet with her funky rhythms. She was one of my personal favorites in the music industry and I have always enjoyed the challenge of performing her music. Reminiscing on some of my personal favorites; Out on A Limb, Lovergirl, If I Were A Bell, Square Biz, Tune In Tomorrow, You Make Love Like Springtime, Just Us Two, I'm Still In Love, Ooo La La La, Fire & Desire, Portuguese Love, My Dear Mr. Gaye and my list could go on and on. I pray blessings of peace; understanding and love give some comfort to her family and friends.

December 26, 2010 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  3. blondie// hampton va

a rose is a rose you will always be a rose.

December 26, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Leigh

This is very sad news and Lady T will be missed. I have been a fan of her music since I was a little girl. I remember my uncle blasting "Square Biz" and "I Need Your Lovin" from the basement of my grandparents house.

December 26, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Frances

So sad to hear this she had a great voice, now she is with her BUDDY Rick James. R.I.P.

December 26, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gwyn

She sure is............

December 26, 2010 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Ann

Oh my God! This is unbelievable. The incomparable Lady T is gone! I have followed her and loved her since she came out with Rick. I will miss her so very much. My condolences to her family and especially her baby girl! There will never be another Teena Marie. Take your place in that choir in heaven beside Rick, Luther, Gerald, Michael and all the others that went before.

December 26, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  7. veronica

Lady T you will be missed, I remember when I saw her performing in Arizona and I was a radio personality, she will never be replaced and she will be missed rest in peace lady T. My prayers go out to the family may you find peace at this difficult time.

December 26, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  8. just a fan

She had one of the greatest voices in American music. My wife"s favorite singer. And she became mine. She will be missed. I can"t believe it.

December 26, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  9. PiKaHsSo Jones

Rest In Peace Teena Marie this is a day that music lovers will never forget

December 26, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Nee'se

I really loved her music and enjoyed her performances. Much prayer goes out to her family, especially her daughter.

December 26, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Bruce

"Call me up, don't be shy, cause my love will make you high, I just want to be your lover girl" ahhh, Tina Marie, very sad and shocked. You rocked in that Lover Girl video and so damn adorable and a great guitar player. Very sad, I can't believe it. REST IN PEACE MY DARLING. PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC IN HEAVEN AND KEEP THEM ROCKIN!!!!!!!!!!

December 26, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  12. MIss V

All I can say is...RIP!

December 26, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  13. HELENA

LADY T WILL GREATLY MISS SHE WAS A SONGBIRD PRAYS GO OUT TO THE FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 26, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  14. fran

Teen's death comes as a real shock. So much talent gone but surely not forgotten.

December 26, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |