Singer Teena Marie dead at 54
December 26th, 2010

Singer Teena Marie dead at 54

Teena Marie, an award-winning singer-songwriter known for her R&B
performances, has died, her manager said Sunday. The performer was 54.

Marie was found dead by her daughter after apparently dying in her sleep,
manager Mike Gardner said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Music • Showbiz
soundoff (1,082 Responses)
  1. Debbe Zenter

She was a class mate of mine from Venice High school class of 1974. I still cannot believe she's gone. she was at our 30th reunion and was great spirits. I still have the photos....she was the coolest....rest in peace.

December 26, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Bossaboy

Debbe,

Do you have photos posted somewhere? Teena was my idol. I was listening to her music last night at Christmas dinner. Her voice was an inspiration.

December 26, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Ms Candie

I'm 44 and have been listening to Teena since I was a teen....She is and was my Favorite female artist...I own all her music and had the privledge to have an autographed copy of her last cd "Congo Square." I am crying and broken hearted....Peace and blessings to her family and especially her daughter...If I am in this pain, I can only imagine what she is feeling now...Her music will live forever....too bad she never got that star on the Hollywood walk of fame...but in my heart she is a True Star and down to earth beautiful person....RIP Teena Marie...

December 26, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. fran

WDAS 105.3, in Philly, has been playing Teena Marie's music

December 26, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. D.D. Turner

Just days before the end of 2010, the music industry is dealt a bone-trembling blow with the untimely death of soul songstress, Teena Marie. Her music, undeniable. Her voice, incomparable. Her presence, memorable. And her life, unforgettable. Let Teena Marie’s untimely death remind us how precious life is and that it progresses in accordance with a concept of time that simply can not be read. Like Teena Marie, find your passion, commit to it, and seek to impact change in someone’s life. Teena marie, your memory will forever be indelibly engraved in our hearts and minds. Rest peacefully soul sister…

December 26, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Renee

My sincere condolences to her family- I really loved her work- agree much too young. God bless and please rest in peace. Very upset to hear about her passing.

December 26, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Name*Dj. Glide Master

R.I.P. Teena you will be missed, But I will keep you're memories alive by always playing your music...Dj. Glide Master

December 26, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Monnie

Will miss you! Now you and Rick can sing those beautiful songs together that has lasted for the last three decades. Heaven has another angel in God's choir.

December 26, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Shawn

This is absolutely devatstating! I am in shock! I nick-named my daugher [Lady T] because I loved and admired her talent so much as I was coming up, and unfortunately as her daughter found body it was [my] daughter who told me about her death. To me she was a honorary "Soul Sister". My thoughts and prayers are with her family. Love you forever Tina :)

December 26, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. MASHELL

WE LOST MORE THAN TEENA MAY GOD BLESS US ALL

December 26, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Diamond S.A.G

YOU WILL BE TRULY MISSED LOVE YOU ALWAYS! N THAT'S SQUARE BIZ! SIS!:(

December 26, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Nichole

You will truly be missed, your music has touched the lives of everyone. I can still hear Fire and Desire being played on the radio...Love ya Tina. Take a bow.

December 26, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. MS B

Rest in peace Lady T u were my girl of all times singers I remember listening to Fire and Desire as a little girl and Square Biz danicing around the house you will be greatly missed another True soldier gone but not forgotten

December 26, 2010 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Tressa

You will truly be missed Lady T

December 26, 2010 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Ms. Lafay

RIP Teena Marie... Wow, can't believe you are gone. My prayers are with your family... God bless!

December 26, 2010 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Travis

Teena you will be forever loved and missed! I had the pleasure of meeting Teena in 2008 at the House of Blues. She was my idol and favorite female singer... My heart is heavy right now.

December 26, 2010 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply