Singer Teena Marie dead at 54
December 26th, 2010

Singer Teena Marie dead at 54

Teena Marie, an award-winning singer-songwriter known for her R&B
performances, has died, her manager said Sunday. The performer was 54.

Marie was found dead by her daughter after apparently dying in her sleep,
manager Mike Gardner said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Music • Showbiz
soundoff (1,082 Responses)
  1. princess

wow rip

December 26, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Ted wizard Mills

I have always loved her beautiful music, she is now with the other great artist the Lord has called. Let us treasure each day that God gives us and remember the sacrafice his son made that we may be with him when we are called. Miss you Teena

December 26, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Ashorty

She was one of my favorites, RIP. You will be truely missed!

December 26, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Victorium

Omg how?!?!?!?!

December 26, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  5. VMATTHEWS FROM DOVER,DE

TO THE PERSON WHO SAID WHO IS TEENA MARIE, STOP BUYING THEM FIVE DOLLAR CDS AND RECOGNIZE A REAL ARTIST!!!!!!!!!!!!! TEENA MARIE ISI A LEGEND IN HER OWN TIME. NOW DURING THIS TIME OF YEAR AND SEASON, YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN SENDING CONDOLENCES OUT TO THE FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND FANS. I MISS YOU TEENA MARIE AND YOUR GREAT MUSIC I LOVE YOU RIP

December 26, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Blaccboy

She will be miss but her music will live on

December 26, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jeff

Don't get me wrong, it's a bummer that she is dead and all but people through around the word legend ......I dont think she was a legend...

December 26, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sherrie

LEGEND! LOSER!

December 26, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • BootyBandit

Umm, and just who the hell are you? The legend police? Moron.

December 26, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Name*Taisha

Another legend gone... May she rest in peace god bless

December 26, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  9. RENEE

LADY-T WILL TRULY BE MISSED SHE WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST R.I.P. I AM SADDEN BY THIS.

December 26, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  10. ree

I truly loved this lady. Deja Vu was and will always be my favorite Lady T song.
    This is a reminder, that the next minute is not promised to us. God Bless her Family.

December 26, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  11. J.J.

This is really a sad for me to learn of Tlna's passing. My prayers goes out to her family. "RIP Tina."

December 26, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  12. VENUS

PEOPLE GO THRU ALOT OF HEARTACHE IN LIFE....I'M SORRY THINGS GOT TO THE POINT OF NOT UNDERSTANDING...(WORLD) DON'T BE SO QUICK TO JUDGE...(RIP)

December 26, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Brick

I heard rumblings of this news earlier today and was hoping that it would turn out that it was not true. Teena Marie was one of the best to ever do it. She will be missed. I'm still trying to get over Rick James' passing six or seven years ago. They made beautiful music together in this life and now they can collaborate again throughout eternity.

Rest in Peace, Teena Marie!

December 26, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jim Rivera

RIP beloved Songstress, you will be missed.

December 26, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Cutipie78

For those who don't know , go to youtube and check out Deja Vu.

December 26, 2010 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |