Singer Teena Marie dead at 54
December 26th, 2010

Singer Teena Marie dead at 54

Teena Marie, an award-winning singer-songwriter known for her R&B
performances, has died, her manager said Sunday. The performer was 54.

Marie was found dead by her daughter after apparently dying in her sleep,
manager Mike Gardner said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Music • Showbiz
soundoff (1,082 Responses)
  1. Ms Candie

As I listen to WDAS ....It was reported that Teena was giving her daughter a party, complained of not feeling good and went to lay down...Her daughter found her in the bed...she passed in her sleep...heart attack.....

December 26, 2010 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Socorro

To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord, our loss is heaven's gain. I pray God sends comfort and strength to her daughter ,family,friends and fans; me definitely being one of her biggest fans. Having seen her on many concerts & various venues. Was going on Feb 13th. God Bless

December 26, 2010 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Robert E. Muhammad

May Allah be pleased with her!

December 26, 2010 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Renae

UFB! She was the ultimate talented sistah–YEAH I said it–SISTAH. Damn I am heartbroken for sure.

December 26, 2010 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Derrick A.Capers

Tina, Thank You for the Beautiful Memories, you will be forever missed! Love, Cape

December 26, 2010 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  6. emily

She looks old and tired in this photo. She does not look like the same person at all. Maybe that affected her. Some celebrities can't deal with aging. Nobody knows how she died. But at 54 it is suspect. It's a shame. I love her voice.

December 26, 2010 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sherrie

BYE EMILY! She had a Seizure in her sleep. What does her picture have to do with her dying?

December 26, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Debbie WE

@ Emily – good to know you had one positive thing to say.

December 26, 2010 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  7. T Willz

.... wow, that was a pretty ignorant comment.

December 26, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Name*Tiffany

She will be missed by many..my prayers go out to her family ..

December 26, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Kechia Foreman

R.I.P. Lady T..you will be missed, but your music will live on. May god be with your family in this time of need. SN: its sad that at a time like this, that people feel the need to disrespect each other on this page, when we should be offering condolences, please people, cane we have a moment if silence for Tina Marie...

December 26, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Ms Candie

As I listen to WDAS ....It was reported that Teena was giving her daughter a party, complained of not feeling good and went to lay down. Her daugher found her. She passed as she slept of a heart attack

December 26, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Tuck

I have been a fan of Lady T since day damn one.... We will miss her... She transcended the color lines time and time again. I have often challeneged unknowing friends to listen to her music and tell me what her nationality was.... EVERYONE white or black thought that she was black..... wow.... She is and was the queen of blue eyed soul!!!!!! R.I.P. Lady T!!!!!!!

December 26, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  12. scott

r.i.p teena marie

December 26, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  13. A.D. Paige

RUFFNUTT

Please show some respect
    Your comments are very childish.......

December 26, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Courtney Harrison

Why the singer dead at 54? I don't understand how it has to be the same sad thing as last year when Michael passed. But I will play her music in 2 1/2 months so I will give my respect to Lady T.

December 26, 2010 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jazz'eDiva

I just don't believe it. I guess i'm in denial. She was my number 1 favorite female artist over all. And yes, her angelic voice reaches deep down inside of you. And the song "dear lover", and now that i found you..amongst many; let you know when you have true love. She song what every woman wanted to tell her man...and Lady T just put it in a song for you with such passion and romance...she will be missed..

December 26, 2010 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |