Singer Teena Marie dead at 54
December 26th, 2010

Singer Teena Marie dead at 54

Teena Marie, an award-winning singer-songwriter known for her R&B
performances, has died, her manager said Sunday. The performer was 54.

Marie was found dead by her daughter after apparently dying in her sleep,
manager Mike Gardner said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Music • Showbiz
soundoff (1,082 Responses)
  1. DarkNLovely_1234

A Rose by any other name is still a Rose. A Songbird of the greatest melody... You will be truly missed. I love you, Teena.

December 26, 2010 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. SistaC

I was telling my daughter and her friends just yesterday, about seeing her for the first time at a concert here in Houston, when she came out everyone in the place were floored, I have been a huge fan of her's every since. Rest in Peace, gone but NEVER forgotten. Thank you for the beautiful memories!

December 26, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  3. EMV

I want to cry! I got to see her last year and she was as awesome as ever!!!!! Lady T is forever in my heart! Thank God for her beautiful voice and the music she leaves behind!! My heart and prayers to her family! I just can't believe this!!! I have truly lost a piece of my past!!! Wow!

December 26, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  4. SHAWN IN FT LEWIS WASHINGTON - MILITARY BASE

WOW! All i can say is wow and thank u God for such a wonderful blessing in this world. Our prayers are with the family. May God ease the pain.

December 26, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  5. mysize2

i cant take this news im sooo sad Lady T is a true legend!!! lOVE U FOREVER!!!! R.I.P."Portuguese love" IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITE SONG!

December 26, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  6. CristalOnAir

Dear Mrs Marie; I grew up listening to you,and to this day you are my Favorite! God wanted you to sing to him.....Not to many will be EVER EVER be ABLE TO SING LIKE YOU DID!!!! Your legacy lives on in the hearts of many....And we wanna say THANK YOU! For sharing you life with us:):) Your Ups & Downs THANK YOU!God Bless You!

December 26, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Lexxygurl

I don't know if you all remember the song "Can it be love" by Lady T? That was my all time favorite, it was on one of her first albums. I fell in love with my husband during that era. RIP Lady T, my all time female artist.

December 26, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Tammi

Will be greatly missed!!!!!!

December 26, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Ms Candie

Teena love all people...let's not fight because we are heart broken and lost a true star....Let her Rest In Peace....I will always love Teena....(as i continue to cry)

December 26, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  10. TT of MD

Love you Lady T. True performer. Keep rockin' up above.

December 26, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Rae

How stupid are you. If you didn't know her why would you sterotype and make a comment like that you friggin idiot. She died in her sleep from a seizure. Go get a life and learn something about people before you just assume the worst.

December 26, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Georgia

May you RIP Tina Marie. You will be missed. We love you.

December 26, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Vee

Well since you admit to not knowing her perhaps you should keep your mouth shut. Unlike other musicians, Teena Marie did not have a reputation for hard-dore drug use. She was quite talented and an energetic performer: what a sad loss for her daughter and us, her fans. R.I.P.

December 26, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  14. zenora cruze

My heartfelt sympathy,goes out to teena marie's family. As i sat with my family, at the dinner table for christmas and overheard all the talented artists we lost sing carols i said heaven has the best music.live life,love,and live each day as though it was your last. time waits on no one,treat yourself,share,do it now tomorrow may be too late.

December 26, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  15. ready4peace

Rest in Peace Lady T. Thank you for sharing your gift with the world.

December 26, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |