Singer Teena Marie dead at 54
December 26th, 2010

Singer Teena Marie dead at 54

Teena Marie, an award-winning singer-songwriter known for her R&B
performances, has died, her manager said Sunday. The performer was 54.

Marie was found dead by her daughter after apparently dying in her sleep,
manager Mike Gardner said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Music • Showbiz
soundoff (1,082 Responses)
  1. Stacey Hopkins

I'm sitting here listening to the long version of Portugese Love and absolutely stunned by this news. Lady Tee wrote some of the songs that are on the soundtrack to my life. We truly lost one beautiful soul today and my sincerest condolences go out to her family and loved one.

She ran her race and ran it well; now it's time for her to take her rest...

December 26, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  2. MizzSuccess North Carolina

My husband is the biggest fan of Teena Marie ever, he owns everyone of her songs and albums. We have been married 6 years and I hear Teena in our house at least 2-3 times a week. We danced our first dance at our wedding to a Rose is a Rose. She was a gifted artist and I know she will be missed in the world, especially in our household....Fire and Desire reigns supreme here! Thank you Teena for the voice and all the memories that came with it!!! Thank you God for sharing one of your gifts!!!

December 26, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  3. dante (radio announcer)

What the hell is going on here? If you don't know Teena Marie why discuss her untimely demise.It"s best you read and learn than to make outrageous statements about one of the talented singers over the past 30 years. We will always remember and enjoy the music of Teena Marie.

December 26, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Debbie WE

@ dante (radio announcer) – Thank you. My point exactly.

December 26, 2010 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Venus

Really? Are you serious? I feel sorry for people like you – such pessimism and selfishness is totally unnecessary.

December 26, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  5. dawninsoflo

I have seen her countless times – one of the most memorable was House Of Blues Chicago – her daughter was on stage with her. She rocked the house that time – and every other – making us laugh at her folly, and cry with her real tears of transformation. And when she strapped on that guitar, you could only kick off your shoes and dance!!!! God rest your soul Lady T. God Bless your family.

December 26, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Sherrie

No it was not an OD. Have you ever heard any of her music?

December 26, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. VMATTHEWS FROM DOVER,DE

STOP BUYING THEM FIVE DOLLAR BOOTLEG CDS FROM THOSE UNKOWN ARTISTS AND RECOGNIZE A REAL ARTIST TEENA MARIE. SHE IS A LEGEND IN TIME. DURING THIS TIME AND SEASON YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN SENDING OUT YOUR CONDOLENCES TO HER FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND FANS!!!!!!! I WILL MISS YOUR MUSIC AND YOUR PERFORMANCES RIP LOVE YOU ALWAYS. VALARIE MATTHEWS FROM DOVER,DE

December 26, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  8. emelda dellafosse

this is truly a tragedy... she is a true performer and artist in all rights. She never received the recognition she deserved, yet her music is so timeless. Her presence in music will be greatly missed.

December 26, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  9. jjm

baddest white girl with a microphone...she was truly a lady of soul. RIP Lady T!

December 26, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Traycee Lewis

R.I.P. Lady T. I love and will miss you! Sing to my dad when you get to heaven, my loves you too!

December 26, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Paul

Tina's music will live on forever,,,,

December 26, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Phyllis

I am so sad to hear this news. I recently saw Teena at the Birchmere here in Virginia. She was outstanding. I thank the LORD for giving me that last opportunity to see her live and in such an intimate environment. Thank you, Jesus. Teena, rest in peace. I will love you forever.

December 26, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Big lou

RIP Teena

December 26, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Woodeo

To Teena's family: My deepest sympathy! Be strong and know that she was an inspiration to so many. A voice that God sends to us only once.

December 26, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  14. renee

omg what an unthoughtful thing to say.....you could have kept that to yourself........she did leave behind family and a daughter who are grieving.....hope you never feel the pain of loosing a close loved one, such as your mother or father...

December 26, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Art In Chicago

If you were born in 76, you were an infant. It appears your body has aged, but you have the brain of an infant still.

December 26, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |