Singer Teena Marie dead at 54
December 26th, 2010

Singer Teena Marie dead at 54

Teena Marie, an award-winning singer-songwriter known for her R&B
performances, has died, her manager said Sunday. The performer was 54.

Marie was found dead by her daughter after apparently dying in her sleep,
manager Mike Gardner said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Music • Showbiz
soundoff (1,082 Responses)
  1. Aman

Read more news of Tina Marie Singer Dies at Age 54 at: http://tina-marie-dies.notlong.com

December 26, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Rosie C

I Love Love Love Teena Marie. This world has lost one of the greatest R & B singers and she will truly be missed by many. God bless Teena's soul and my prayers go out to her daughter, family and friends, RIP.

December 26, 2010 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mary

There will be no other. I have seen Teena in concert many times. I have never heard an artist who sounded better live then on there album. If that is at all possible. Rest in peace Teena. I will remember you always through your music.

December 26, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  4. APS III

"Fire &Desire"," deja Vu", "Happy", "I need your lovin", " Lover girl", "Portuguese love" , "Square Biz" , "Im just a sucker for your love" (This represents a small list of her greatest hits from the eighties )

December 26, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Manuel V.

Rest in Peace Lady T.M.. Thank You for all the great Music, Memories, & the Class & Professionalism you always exhibited in your Performances & Career. My Prayers & Condolences go out to all Your Loved ones & You, even though I know that you are now in a place where you probably won't need them...

December 26, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mary Johnson

RIP Teena Marie My Wishes To Family And Close Friends

December 26, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Renaissance Austin

wow! Way too soon. All of our music heroes are checking out of here. I was just thinking about her today. Aww. So sad.

December 26, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Lady T wanna be

Speechless...Lady T, you will be missed...everyone should bust out their vinyl, cassettes, c.d.'s and play her loud and proud, that was my girl and always will be, what a privilage to have heard one of the best R&B artist ever around. Lady T & Slick Rick, play a 'lil somethin' somethin' for the man upstairs, will ya? R.I.P.

December 26, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Stephanie

Love u Teena. U were my favorite. RIP. Your music gave me so much joy. Prayers to your family.

December 26, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  10. cowboy

We will mis you!! God be with the family

December 26, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  11. steve moise

she was one of the greatest

December 26, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Kelly

Wow – you are one heartless person! Haven't you ever heard the saying "if you have nothing nice to say, DON'T SAY IT AT ALL?" !!!!! Geez, shame on you.

December 26, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • kevin west

Kelly , you are right...the World is filled with heartless,spineless people who have nothing good to say about anything. Their blank world is full of misery and grief caused by their own lack of intelligence mixed with a lot of ignorance. Some time you might ask yourself why God let people like this exist. Maybe its because these are examples for the way(not to be).

December 27, 2010 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
  13. SABRINA

R.I.P TEENA THANK U FOR UR GIFT OF SONG.WOW I FELL LIKE MY BEST FRIEND IS GONE

December 26, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mike from whittier,ca

Thank u teena for ur great music. Rip Teena. For all u idiots that write stupid stuff and have no respect. please get off this page and let people how really care take up some space. Wished ur parents taught u manners for people that pass away. You will be missed Teena.

December 26, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Tootles

I agree, probably an accidental OD. Not to be mean, many good people die from prescription medicine. One doctor could prescribe Oxycotin, another Hydrocodone and another Vicodin and the patient may not even know they are basically the same thing; taking all three all at once. They also build a tolerance to these drugs and when one would help, it now needs two – then three, etc. Nobody is saying this lady is an addict

December 26, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |