Singer Teena Marie dead at 54
December 26th, 2010

Singer Teena Marie dead at 54

Teena Marie, an award-winning singer-songwriter known for her R&B
performances, has died, her manager said Sunday. The performer was 54.

Marie was found dead by her daughter after apparently dying in her sleep,
manager Mike Gardner said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Music • Showbiz
soundoff (1,082 Responses)
  1. yvonne

thank you Tina for sharing your beautiful voice and talent with the world, now you can rest!!!!!!!!

December 26, 2010 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  2. vanetta

wdas 103.9 never stopped playing her music all these years never will. She was loved before Mariah when love songs were played on the radio. we keep loosing the music to so much crap over the air waves no one had her beat...no one today and no not even beyonce.....

December 26, 2010 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

Oh please beyonce is no comparison to these great singers who can blow you away without a mike!

December 26, 2010 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • wisdom70

You r so right, Beyonce will never ever match a real singer/artist as Teena Marie or the late Phyllis Hyman and Minnie Riperton. RIP to the true pioneers!!

December 26, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

Oh yeah speak the wisdom, speak the wisdom...if you don't know these women please download their music, too!

December 26, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • blos..

You all are so right, Teena Marie's beat and sound can not be matched and is top notch. I have admired and been listening to Teena Marie's music since I was a teen. I have her music downloaded on my computer.

December 26, 2010 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  3. kecin

You sound young and dumb.
    Research you ignorant fool.

December 26, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  4. tashy

How sad. U are truly missed

December 26, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Freddie I

I seen her this year at the Nokie Center and omg she still was the bomb. Then her dughter came to sing and it brought back a lot of year when she was young... My love and Respect goes out to her Familia... We Love You and You'll Be Missed Very Very Very Much...

December 26, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Ms D Taylor

My dear Teena Marie you may be gone but will NEVER be forgotten! Your music made us dance think and cry wit beautiful emotions! Dang you will be missed but forever in our hearts especially when we hear and sing ur songs. R.I.P. MY BEAUTIFUL SONGBIRD we will see you again and watch you perform in GODS beautiful heaven!

December 26, 2010 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  7. PAT. E

MY HEART GOES OUT TO THE FAMILY . TEENA WAS ONE BAD LADY . I JUST LOVE HER MUSIC . MAY THE FAMILY FIND STRENGTH IN THE LORD.

December 26, 2010 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Dwill

I was really dissapointed to hear this not to long ago this evening. I never fully understood why she was on Unsung because even though she didn't receive a lot of acclaim, I felt she was one of the greatest female R&B singers of all time, and her music will surely be missed. My prayers go out to her family, especially her daughter– May you rest in peace Lady T

December 26, 2010 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  9. wendy

very sad dat for R@ B your were soullfyl singer and will truely b missed RIP my sister!!!!

December 26, 2010 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  10. kim

R.I.P Teena Marie,may GOD BLESS your family friends,fans who Love You,if you don't know her that's your loss its sad the things you ppl are saying u wouldn't want ppl saying this abt your Loved ones,if u don't have nothing nice to say SHUT UP!

December 26, 2010 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Angel N.

OMG I'm not gonna forget about Teena Marie she is a legend. There will never be another like her. She was live...I loved her performances on Soul Train...R.I.P.

December 26, 2010 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Piper

Rest in peace Teena Marie... You will be truly miss!

December 26, 2010 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Aman

Read more news of Tina Marie Singer Dies at: http://tina-marie-dies.notlong.com

December 26, 2010 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Kenneth Dawan

I am still speechless ! Will there ever be another Tina Marie ? She will be so missed !

December 26, 2010 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  15. V Saxena

R.I.P. Sucker For Your Love is my favorite Teena Marie song, btw.

December 26, 2010 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |