Singer Teena Marie dead at 54
December 26th, 2010

Singer Teena Marie dead at 54

Teena Marie, an award-winning singer-songwriter known for her R&B
performances, has died, her manager said Sunday. The performer was 54.

Marie was found dead by her daughter after apparently dying in her sleep,
manager Mike Gardner said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Music • Showbiz
soundoff (1,082 Responses)
  1. DearLover

The lyracist, the poet, the diva......rest in peace..........I always loved the way you understood the pains of a wounded heart. From Portuguese Love to Cassanova Brown. I shed many a tear to your music.

December 26, 2010 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Song Bird

Most of today's artist have no raw talent. Very synthetic and too many duplicates. Teena Marie may not have "crossed-over" into the main stream POPular culture, but she surely influeced the style of a lot of those who did. R.I.P. T Marie... your music will live on like the legend you are.

December 26, 2010 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  3. melony

Facebook

December 26, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Paulette

OMG this is shacking news for me. I'm sending my love out to Tina's family. Tina went him to be with the Lord. R.I.P Tina u will me miss by me. I love all her songs.

December 26, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  5. gillian

My heartfelt condolence mostly to her daughter. Lady T was in a class to be recognized cannot be duplicated. R.I.P...your voice will not be forgotten

December 26, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  6. jessica randle

I am so sorry to hear about the death of tina maria she was a women with a gorgeous voice she will surely be missed by many.And to the family the bible says weeping may indoor for a night but joy comes in the morning sorry for ur lost but think god all her days of suffering are now over i deeply send my condolesence

December 26, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Will

This is painful news. The memories this beautiful lady and songstress gave me in my teen years and early adulthood is priceless. I love her and this hurts me that her life has ended at 54. Teena could really sing and make you feel it and experience the artistry of storytelling through her songs. I'm still trying to absorb her death. May God rest her beautiful soul. I will never ever forget you Teena. Kisses!

December 26, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Aman Pruthi

Watch full of Singer teena Marie video at: http://tina-marie-dies-64.notlong.com

December 26, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  9. LaCola Nickens

Thnk you for all that you have do for thw world of music tank you for all that you have done for me I am truely one of your biggest fans and your voice has brought so much out in me my voice my heart and myv love you were my confort when the world was cold. You are my Idol and will always lay in my heart as my best friend. I Love You and my the gates of Heaven open up for you and celebrate your life. Once again thank you for all that you have done.

Your Secret Best Friend

December 26, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Aman Pruthi

Watch full video of Singer teena Marie video at: http://tina-marie-dies-64.notlong.com

December 26, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  11. renee davis

She was a legend – There is no music out there now than can even compare to where he took her fans emotionally. She taught us about love entering my teenage years. Real passion. Not like the garbage you hear foks sing about today. She was an incredible performer and she genuinely loved our community.

December 26, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Marv

An Angel is silenced on Earth and loosed in Heaven. May God cradle you forever, Teena. Thank you.

December 26, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  13. laCarra

rip teena marie now you will finally be with rick james it's unbelievable wow

December 26, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  14. V..

OMG!!! I AM STILL IN SHOCK WHEN I HAD HEARD THAT MS. TEENA MARIE HAD PASSED AWAY THIS MORNING ME & MY HUSBAND AND LOTS OF FRIENDS HAD JUST SEEN MS. TEENA MARIE IN CONCERT JUST SEVERAL MONTHS AGO AND SHE WAS FABULOUS...
    MS. T. WILL BE GREATFULLY MISSED BY ALL HER FANS!!!
    GOD BLESS HER AND BE WITH HER & HER FAMILY!!!

December 26, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  15. AMAN PRUTHI

Watchall video of Singer teena Marie video at: http://tina-marie-dies-64.notlong.com

December 26, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |