Singer Teena Marie dead at 54
December 26th, 2010

Singer Teena Marie dead at 54

Teena Marie, an award-winning singer-songwriter known for her R&B
performances, has died, her manager said Sunday. The performer was 54.

Marie was found dead by her daughter after apparently dying in her sleep,
manager Mike Gardner said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Music • Showbiz
soundoff (1,082 Responses)
  1. Nicole

I am devastated. She never got her props in life, maybe in death she will.

December 26, 2010 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Nee

She Will Truley Be Missed.! You Would Have Never Thought Shw Would Have Died.! R.I.P

December 26, 2010 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Nikki

I feel such a lost even though I didn't know her personally, I feel like she was my friend. My first child was conceived off of Fire and Desire. I love this women so much I have every album that she has ever recorded and everytime she came to DC I was there. I also saw her several times at the Essence festival too. What a voice, too bad a lot of white people didn't know her. There will never be another Teena. My heart is very heavy right now. I pray for her family and I hope her daughter keeps her legacy alive. RIP Teena.

December 26, 2010 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  4. AMAN PRUTHI

Watch full of Singer teena Marie video http://tina-marie-dies-64.notlong.com

December 26, 2010 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  5. jazmine

she was the best singer out there...my mother use to play her music all the time i grew up listening to her...just last night we was jammen her music and to find out she passed it really hurts....r prayers go out to her daughter and her family i know there going through a lot....she will be deeply missed 😥

December 26, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  6. leese

I grew up listening to Teena Marie, my mom loved her. She truly had one the most beautiful voices in the industry! I was lucky enough to see her perform in the bay area. Rest In Peace Teena!

December 26, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jad

R.I.P. Teena Marie!! Bless you soul and may you family find strength and comfort..

December 26, 2010 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Kecia

Words cannot express the talent that was(is) Tina. May God hold your daughter during this very difficult time.

December 26, 2010 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Name*Sharron hill

RIP THE QUEEN.

December 26, 2010 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  10. smc

Fan from Louisiana remembering a Tina and Rick concert in Baton Rouge back in the 80's in an open field . Rick was on stage singing and Tina arrived on stage via helicopter. What an entrance!!! I will never forget it.She will be missed!! Praying strength for family and fans .

December 26, 2010 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  11. charlotte estelle

I used to be a queen you know, on an island by the sea, rainbow colored people, happy as can be, there never was a problem, we never had a care, love was over flowing and its feeling shared. IN the masters plan, you will come back, woman or man, if your life is full of sin, dont you know when you die you come back again....I thank god, thank god, thank god, Im not coming back no more, been here before....TEENA YOU WILL BE MISSED.....MAY THE GOOD LORD PROVIDE SOME COMFORT TO YOUR DAUGHTER AND EXTENDED FAMILY AND FANS......

December 26, 2010 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Tricy

All hell nawl not Tina !!!!!!!!!!! Tears noooooooo

December 26, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Kecia

Casanova Brown

December 26, 2010 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Ben Johnson

What a truly great singer! Tina will be so missed!

December 26, 2010 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Tamieka

Devastating Lost....My sisters & I LOVED & Still LOVE YOU our children(all-boys) even know your music! Teena your music set a tone in our homes and will continue to for the years to come. May GOD bless your soul, our deepest condolence to your family, Love "The Hardy Girls"

December 26, 2010 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |