Singer Teena Marie dead at 54
December 26th, 2010

Singer Teena Marie dead at 54

Teena Marie, an award-winning singer-songwriter known for her R&B
performances, has died, her manager said Sunday. The performer was 54.

Marie was found dead by her daughter after apparently dying in her sleep,
manager Mike Gardner said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Music • Showbiz
soundoff (1,082 Responses)
  1. Chris

Just the greatest singer ever...her music will live on in our hearts forever. God Bless her mother and her daughter and the rest of her family....I know that she made it to the other side, she was on loan as a gift to us here on earth and is now safe in his everlasting arms...I love you Teena, sing on sweet queen, sing on...

December 26, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  2. kim archie

A death doesn't have to be suspect if the persons not 89 years old. 5 of my cousins and my brother died before 40 from the same heart condition I'm battling. And to the ignorant people not respecting death, they will one day have some one close to them pass or they flat line themselves I wanna know who will they call on then. Jesus will not tolerate evil hearts among him.

December 26, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Newlywed

We had the pleasure of seeing Teena in Las Vegas at a concert after we got married. She was the headliner with Howard Hewitt, Cameo, and Morris DAy. It was one of the best concerts ever.

December 26, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  4. jazzy

wow dont know what to say am really speechless my heart and prayers go out to the family this woman was nothing but amazing the voice and personality said it all i grew up listening to tina much love and heart felt condolences go out to yall she will be greatly missed but never forgotten her music will live on through everyone who listened to her

December 26, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  5. phllygrl029

Wow... unbelievable... She's been through a lot. I saw her EVERY year she came to Philly or AC (Atlantic City) When I saw her in concert this fall, she'd come full circle.(She ALWAYS gave tribute to the late Rick James) What a GREAT artist & performer... Thank you for the beautiful & funky music... Your songs will FOREVER BE IN MY HEART...
    Fire & Desire for those passionate moments & Square Biz for those funky, get down & groove moments..dang..too many too list. I LOVE YOU LADY T !!!!! R-I-P !!!!

December 26, 2010 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  6. poppy

I thank the Lord for sharing you with us. May He give your family strength at this time. See you in heaven.

December 26, 2010 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Charles

Teena you will be truely missed.
    WDAS 105.3 FM out of philadelphia is Doing a great job keeping
    the spirit alive.

December 26, 2010 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sherie

She will be missed. So much talent. I loved her music. My prayers go out to her family !

December 26, 2010 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Tamara

Lady T, R.I.P. She will truly be missed. Sadly she did not get the recognition she deserved. One of the great voices of my lifetime.

December 26, 2010 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sue Prince

Teena Marie was cold blooded as Rick James would say. She could sing with the best of the soul sisters! the lady was bad!

December 26, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Alfred

U will be missed Tina, Thank you for all your great music. May you REST IN PEACE.

December 26, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  12. dajure

thats the problem today so many youg people listen to garbage on dont know nothing about real music do your research and shut the hell up

December 26, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Apollo

Miracles Need Wings To Fly – Out on A Limb – I've Been Here Before

Three of the best songs ever written & recorded by T. Marie. Often considered her my surrogate mother. She will be missed.

December 26, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  14. blos..

RIP Teena Marie. I am saddened to hear the bad news.You have always been my ultimate #1 artist and will always admire and appreciate the great artist, musical talent you shared with the world. My heart and compassion goes out to your family and loved ones. You will truly be missed. You are with the angels now.

December 26, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  15. VicarMan

You will be missed Star Child...Heaven has an Angel,with an amazing voice..We love you,and your family is in my prayers...One Love God Bless...Love You Miss Teena

December 26, 2010 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |