Singer Teena Marie dead at 54
December 26th, 2010

Singer Teena Marie dead at 54

Teena Marie, an award-winning singer-songwriter known for her R&B
performances, has died, her manager said Sunday. The performer was 54.

Marie was found dead by her daughter after apparently dying in her sleep,
manager Mike Gardner said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Music • Showbiz
soundoff (1,082 Responses)
  1. stacey

OMG!!! so very sad. does anyone know what happened?????

December 26, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Tee Moore

This isn't enough information on Lady Tee for me, her manager could be lying. It hasn't been any other info. about this situation for all of us older fans. Please fill us in with more details because it appears so far as a hoax!! More info.

December 26, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Shelly

A truly talented lady. What a loss for not only the music world, bur for those who followed her career over the years. Rip soul lady

December 26, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. apryle

a great loss of a great person and phenomenal talent~

December 26, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Cheryl Archie

I am really sad to hear this news. I grew up listening to Teena Marie. My prayers go out to her family. The music world has suffered a great loss.

December 26, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. kelly mcdonald

teena your music was my life. god bless your family and without a doubt you will live on in my heart . love u much!!!

December 26, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. snowed in

All my childhood heroes are dying...this is so sad! RIP Teena Marie!!

December 26, 2010 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. shannaa

Now she can see her boo again..Rick James! RIP to both of them!!!

December 26, 2010 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. BlueK

Was that an article? Just a rearrangement of the headline?

December 26, 2010 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. tonya

We will miss you Teena. You have blessed the world with beautiful ballards You will always live in our hearts. Tonya B

December 26, 2010 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. E

Please Lord. Dont let this be true. Seriously.

December 26, 2010 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Push Nevahda

Rest in peace, Tina Marie...

December 26, 2010 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Anthony F

She was one of the best R/B singers of our time. I recently saw her in Atlantic city. She brought the house down. May God bless her and than you Tina for blessing us with you and your talent.

December 26, 2010 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. twitter.com/TheRealMzTye

This is truly sad news... My prayers are w/her loved ones
    R.I.P. Teena Marie

December 26, 2010 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Passion

This awful. Her music was so beautiful. I last had the opportunity to watch and listen to Teena perform at the Concord Pavillion. It was soooo soulful. It bordered at times on gospel music. I have always felt Teena would produce a gospel CD. Any who, I pray God blesses Teena family with strength during this difficult time. Ipray this in Jesus name. Amen & amen......

December 26, 2010 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply