Singer Teena Marie dead at 54
December 26th, 2010

Singer Teena Marie dead at 54

Teena Marie, an award-winning singer-songwriter known for her R&B
performances, has died, her manager said Sunday. The performer was 54.

Marie was found dead by her daughter after apparently dying in her sleep,
manager Mike Gardner said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Music • Showbiz
soundoff (1,082 Responses)
  1. bonnie

My son 19 just heard her songs and fell in love with her, doesn't matter if your young or old, white or black..Teena can be appreciated by all, why cause I already told you, she's a shinning star, so if you haven't heard of her, just listen to these few songs and u will experience "Teena Marie" at best. God bless her family in this time, may he comfort them. The world lost their star, but that star is right where it belongs now. And this is no place for racial comments..hold ur t ongue ppl and b at least respectful. God takes the young, the old, the rich, the poor, the sick, the sad, the bruised, the bad. Lets appreciate Teena for what she gave and keep all other gargage posts out, cause it could a been you. Peace and blessings..for those who want to hear, and see, paste these below.

love me down easy
    [youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MddNz1mCm2o&w=640&h=360]

Out on a limb
    [youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfJUYlFRfFU&w=640&h=360]

Ohhlalala
    [youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IfFpjEEK24&w=640&h=360]

December 27, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Tynisha

Well first and most of all my condolences and prayer's goes out to her family. I myself grew up listening to her music, she was and still is one of my mom's favorite artist, my fav is "Fire and Desire".

December 27, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  3. quix4u

Once again ... as it always has been – yet another great artist / performer "now_stands_forever" .. shoulder to shoulder .. with all of the other greats .. in our own "Halls_Of_Memories" .. (and shalt now live forever – whenever we think – of them whom have gone on .. before the rest of us) But – the world .. must still go on – (regardless) .. RIP _ Teens Marie ... U (too) will be remembered 😉

December 27, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Tynisha

~Rest In Paradise Teena Marie~

December 27, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  5. R. Sherbaum

The loss is too great for words! Teena was a poet, a singer, composer, arranger who never received the recognition she so rightly deserved. This has devasted me because I have been digesting her musical artistry and her unfathomable gift for turning a phrase and making music that made the listener not only feel the music deeply but also inspired us all to look inward to find what was special in ourselves. Thank you to radio station WDAS Philadelphia for the all day tribute to to Lady T who is an American original. I will leave the radio on all day and night, and mourn the loss of a woman whose talent will never be duplicated. Today is Teena Marie day and our house with prayers respect send our condolences to Teena's daughter Alia Rose. May God bless the family, loved ones and fans of Teena, Thank you Teena for over 30 years of musical genius!

December 27, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • lynette

Teena Marie God bless you for all the wonderful music you blessed myself and my sister with. When my sister called
      with the trully sad news of your passing I to set down and cryed along with her and rest of your music family in
      philly.Soooooooooooooo sadddd , We'll play your music everrrrr, rest in pace Lady T.

December 31, 2010 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  6. Tina Montoya

I will NEVER forget the time I met her.... way back in my early 20's I had the amazing opportunity to attend her Halloween party. It was so fun and yes, Rick James showed up and they both performed to a small group in some wharehouse in West LA... I remember thinking how tiny she was and how strong her voice was especially for such a little woman! I've danced to her music many times since and will always remember shaking her tiny little hand... RIP Teena, always a fan!

December 27, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • robin barnes

She was the bomb, she was talented and I listen to her all time went to all shows and will miss her beautiful voice, she touched a lot of people with her music and her voice

December 31, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  7. bonnie

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MddNz1mCm2o&w=640&h=360]

December 27, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bonnie

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfJUYlFRfFU&w=640&h=360]

December 27, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Stacey*KoJack

We were all grateful before her depature from this side, to witness her doing what Loved. She Will Be Missed...known As That White Chick With A Soulful Sound. It Was Truly A Pleasure! God Bless! Love & Prayers To Your Daughte...

December 27, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  10. JanayH

square biz is my new ring tone, thank you teena marie for all the great music

December 27, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Delores L. Winston

I am sorry to hear about Tina maries's death. I beleive that the news has effected the whole African American community.I enjoyed her music very much. I remember when she first came out i was in the 11th grade at Franklin High School and every one was talking about the new singer they had heard on the radio, never imagining that she was white. We had already fell inlove with tina. Yea we were shocked to find out a white girl had a voice like that, But we loved her. My prayers go out to her family and especially to her daughter.

December 27, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  12. KRM

My girl u will b missed soo..My goddaughter was my lit'l lovergirl...And whn Square Biz & Been Here B4 come on morn'n,noon, or nite me and my girlfriend will call each other and sing too the TOP of lungs to each other like we were still in HS...That 1st album was the bomb.... My ur fanz love give ur daughter & family god's strength & support...

December 27, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  13. bb nemons

THANKS 4 the MUSIC Lady u r miss God Bless

December 27, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Anthony Sanchez

Oh my god... I was just listenting to 'Square Biz' on my PC (my favorite party song of all time). Just as it finished I went to Google News and saw this. My heart is broken, but I am happy for her and for Rick now that they are finally together. I will never forget that last time they were together at the BET music awards... “Fire and Desire” baby...

December 27, 2010 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  15. taz

teena marie....never have no other caucasian women...(accepted by the hood) make me feel when i listen to your music...i loved u then i love u more...u will be truly missed in the hood...the only woman i not with a ghetto pass and u used it and was welcomed....WE LOVE U AND WILL MISS U TEENA.....

December 27, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |