Singer Teena Marie dead at 54
December 26th, 2010

Singer Teena Marie dead at 54

Teena Marie, an award-winning singer-songwriter known for her R&B
performances, has died, her manager said Sunday. The performer was 54.

Marie was found dead by her daughter after apparently dying in her sleep,
manager Mike Gardner said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Music • Showbiz
soundoff (1,082 Responses)
  1. c.p.

When I heard about her death this morning It really blew me away but now that I am at home listening to her music it feels like I just lost a good friend. I grew up listening to her music and I will miss her. She broke down color barriers at a time when crossing over was not the in thing.

December 27, 2010 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Maris

A true talent that can't be replaced....still had those killer vocals every time she hit the stage.... big up to all the local DJ's who keep her muisc alive not only on the smooth grooves but the hip hop stations goes to show anyone can make a difference in the biz it doesn't matter of color but true talent rest in peace and god bless

December 27, 2010 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Sedaohr

This is a loss that has not been felt yet?We are all shocked by the news.This was a talent that can never be replaced or duplicated,she was one of a kind.I'm so sad because she was my favorite female singer.Nobody could move me like Teena Marie[Mary Christine Brockert].I know so much about this great woman i fell like i know her,all her friends not fans feel like they know her because she was down to earth and very approachable.Heaven just recieved a new lead vocalist,damn what a choir.May her daughter and brother and family/friends/fans find peace and comfort in knowing that this woman loved and lived a wonderful life and gave so much joy and happiness to so many people.God bless you Teena Marie.I thank God i'm not coming back no more been here before....................Dejavu

December 27, 2010 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Fan from birth

At least I can say, in my lifetime I have been blessed to hear an angel sing.

R.I.P. Lady T. You will forever be missed.

December 27, 2010 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  5. devine trey

my mom told me that tina was her favorite musician and how much she adored her, she was a beautiful soul that has left a indent on not just my mothers heart but the hearts of so many more. after reading about you and listening to your songs on youtube I can see why my moms admiration and fondness of you will last and last....
    god bless your family and may you rest with him forever and ever. Hope to see you and many others on the other side, so peace until that sweet day.

December 27, 2010 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. MissMichelle

I am 31 and I have fond memories of listening to Teena Marie. Its rather sad how some people have no better purpose in life and are so miserable they would come on a site of a person they claim not to know and attempt to degrade such a wonderful lady by their disrespectful comments. to top it off show their uneducated ignorant ideology with those trying to pay tribute to a great singer! Its your ignorance that breeds hatred and disrespectful bad youth of today! I feel sorry that your parents didn't introduce you to culture and music, if they had even if you don't know the late great Teena Marie you would have respect for her contributions. By the way I'm African American I love all music from country to rock and rnb. My parents exposed me to multicultural experiences and not only taught me tolerance but appreciation and first and foremost respect!! All of you on this site being disrespectful should be ashamed of yourself and your failure parents for raising you! Rest in peace Ms Teena Marie!

December 27, 2010 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Name*cheryl adams

What the hell happened for to such a talented. Singer

December 27, 2010 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  8. KB

I am in shock to hear about Teena Marie's passing. My mother and just saw her in concert this past February at Nokia Theater in L.A. My deepest condolences to her daughter, her family and friends. Another legend gone too soon!!

December 27, 2010 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  9. angel

Her voice makes the hair on my arms stand up. So powerful. So soulful. Just can't believe it. This really sucks. I never got to chance to see her live. RIP Lady T. You will truly be missed and there will never be another like you.

December 27, 2010 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Rob G

Lady "T" what a great voice and talent, one of a kind...you could feel her energy on her dance hits and her ballads...grew up listening to her music...which is still timeless today. You will be missed!

December 27, 2010 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Betty

To the family of teena we would like to let you know that we are standing with you for your loss may god bless you all we love you.

December 27, 2010 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  12. MO

YOU WILL BE TRULY MISSED! YOU ARE THE FIRST WHITE WOMAN THAT SOUND SOULFUL OR AS WE WOULD SAY BLACK! HER MUSIC WILL LIVE FOREVER! "DEAR LOVER" IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SONGS!

December 27, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Margo

"If I were a bell".......another angel just got her wings!

December 27, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Shawana Baker

God bless her family she will always live through her music

December 27, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  15. vickieb

God Speed. Lady T, Rest in Peace.

December 27, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |