Singer Teena Marie dead at 54
December 26th, 2010

Singer Teena Marie dead at 54

Teena Marie, an award-winning singer-songwriter known for her R&B
performances, has died, her manager said Sunday. The performer was 54.

Marie was found dead by her daughter after apparently dying in her sleep,
manager Mike Gardner said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Music • Showbiz
soundoff (1,082 Responses)
  1. marv davis

i have been afan since '79 with the debut of "Wild and Peaceful" all the way through "Congo Square". 13 of the best albums by the best singer,songwriter,producer,arranger imaginable. Upon hearing of the lost I spent the day just letting those albums play start to finish.Just as in the lost of MJ it will be painful knowing that there will no longer be the anticipation of wondering what she's working on today. I'll always have memories of how wonderful she was but it is painful to know that one of the primary artists from the soundtrack of my live is no longer with me. R.I.P. Lady T, you will always been in my head and in my heart.Condolences to your family and believe me,I DO FEEL YOUR PAIN!

December 28, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  2. twbRQUE

i hope the vanilla child with the chocolate sound rest in peace and go to her heavenly father where she belongs.God Bless Teena Marie.

December 28, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  3. LE$

I hate that Teena never got a chance to read this. Love ya "T"

WHIPPED BY "LADY T"

Tender was the kiss, when you held me captive, in your sweet embrace.
    I was wrong to think she was going OUT ON A LIMB when she told me that to my face.
    After I climbed out of bed, she said, she would forever be my LOVER GIRL.
    I was so sprung, I thought IT MUST BE MAGIC, to have one of the baddest babes in the world.
    When I told her I already had a girl, she said, “SO! I NEED YOUR LOVIN too, please don't let me down."
    Instead of realizing I was treading through troubled waters, I chose to act like CASANOVA BROWN.
    So I told her I had to leave, so I could give it some thought.
    She said, "hey YOUNG LOVE, on my dresser, there's some keys, you can take the Mercedes, I just bought."
    Now, she must have had this planned, even before we got under the cover,
    Cause in her Benz, on the dashboard, was a letter, it started out, DEAR LOVER.
    As I'm reading it, it's saying, she's had a few contenders; but when I got BEHIND THE GROOVE, I knocked it out like a champ.
    I'm like, either this chick is psychic, or some kind of genie, straight out of, ALLADIN'S LAMP.
    The year was 1984, the night of April fool's day,
    I remember, because earlier they announced the tragedy, that happened to MY DEAR MR. GAYE.
    There I am, sitting in her ride, knowing with my girl I'M, STILL IN LOVE,
    Sitting back staring through the moon-roof, for some answers from, up above.
    I couldn't leave, I've admitted, this girl has warmed my blood,
    Now I need an ALIBI, before I get home, to explain to my, PORTUGESE LOVE.
    As I walked back, into her bedroom, she licked her lips and said, “OOO, LA, LA, LA,”
    And then walked over, and gave me a kiss, right, on the jaw.
    She said, "I knew it would be a matter of time it would be just, me and you.”
    “So come on back to bed, and, lets experience some, DÉJÀ VU.”
    I said, "look 'T', I'm going to tell you, exactly, like it is.”
    “I'm just A SUCKA FOR YOUR LOVE, and I'm talking SQUARE BIZ.”

LE$ – copyright 2005
    Knoflaw1 at yahoo:com

December 28, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maggie from CT

This is beautiful!!! LE$ you really loved her too.

December 29, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • BLACK

LE$,

I like this. 🙂

December 31, 2010 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chris white

She was a wonderful songstress and an ispiration to all artist. Her voice is one that will be missed. My condolances to her family and close friends. May she R.I.P...

December 28, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  5. D

SO SAD MY FAMILY AND I WILL MISS HER WE LOVE HER MUSIC SO GLAD I GOT TO SEE HER . GOD BLESS HER FAMILY.

December 28, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jeannie

My prayers are with Teena Marie's daughter and family. She was and always will be my #1 favorite female artist of all time, not to mention my sisterhood from one "vanilla chalk" to another. "I'm talking square biz to ya baby" Lady T, you are now singing beautiful melodies in Heaven! God Bless You!

December 28, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jeannie

My prayers go out to Tenna Marie's daughter and family. She was and always will be my #1 favorite famale artist of all time. Not to mention my sisterhood from one 'vanilla chalk" to another, " I'm talking square biz to ya baby!' Lady T, you are now singing beautiful melodies in Heaven. Wish I had a chance to meet you. You will be missed. God Bless You!

December 28, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Name*susan

God bless you Teena I luved your music

December 28, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Irene Veal

I love Teena Marie and want to tell her daughter that your Mom will be with you always. I know that she would want you to stay with your career in singing. Wow!!! your Mom had a beautiful voice, she was truly gifted. She is probably in Heaven right entertaining the residents. Thank you Teena for sharing all of your talents and gifts. What a soul-stirring performer you were and still are. Your voice took my breath away. I will miss you forever!!!

December 28, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Irene Veal

Kobie, it's not fair to include the entire Afro American community in your statement. If that's what you meant to do, then shame on you! If not, my apologies. I am an Afro American and far from being stupid!!

December 28, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  11. eddie

Ignore the trolls, they talk all this crap behind a computer screen, but would never say it to your face. If you don't know or care about this person, then stay out of the convo. Or if you really wanna know, Google or YouTube, since I won't spend my time educating disrespectful idiots. A Daughter has lost her Mom and Millions of Music Fans lost a Genuine Talent. Have some respect, though that's probably asking too much from people who obviously don't respect themselves!

December 29, 2010 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
  12. Name* Rita Jordan

I missed many historical moments of having a chance to see you in concert. Your music will always live & there will never be another unique great like you! I love you Teena & you will be greatly missed by many! I guess I will have to catch you in concert in heaven!

December 29, 2010 at 3:14 am | Report abuse |
  13. damien behanan

A wonderful GIFT to us..! We ALL gonna go soon Soo stop ACTING.. Love u T.!!

December 29, 2010 at 4:01 am | Report abuse |
  14. Tina Williams

Ms Lady T you will be truely missed by many fans such as myself. My you rest in peace my sister and my you continue to singer with the angels in heaven. God bless your family.

December 29, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |