Singer Teena Marie dead at 54
December 26th, 2010

Singer Teena Marie dead at 54

Teena Marie, an award-winning singer-songwriter known for her R&B
performances, has died, her manager said Sunday. The performer was 54.

Marie was found dead by her daughter after apparently dying in her sleep,
manager Mike Gardner said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Music • Showbiz
soundoff (1,082 Responses)
  1. nick

I just thank god for wonderful memories and the legacy Lady T has left us. I was privileged to see her perform early this year in London, and she was amazing/. Her vocals were as crisp as when she came out in 79, and her energy on stage was electrifying. She had us all in the audience on the one with her and she gave props to her mentor Rick james. Made luv to you Teena, and I know you and Rick are going to Light heaven up, One Luv...nick in the UK

December 29, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  2. richie rich

teena is the truth.

December 29, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Maggie from CT

This is extremely sad news for me...When 1st heard Teena's voice I went out and bought everything she had out at the time...Irons in the Fire. and anything she came out with after as well..Lady T you played a big roll in my life and I will miss you dearly. God bless your daughter and family.

December 29, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • LE$

Hi Maggie, thank you for you acknowledgement.
      knoflaw1 at yahoo:com

February 11, 2011 at 5:12 am | Report abuse |
  4. marss

Lady T,
    A very unique and special person who filled the hearts of many urban teens. I knew the words to all her songs. RIP Lady T, I will miss you.

December 29, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Huge Lady T Fan

When I heard the news I was devastated. She is my favorite artist PERIOD. The part that saddens me most is that when the real music/talent comes back to it's purest form, she won't be a part of that revolution. I was definitely looking for her to lead the charge. There has been no other artist that could take my mind and spirit to that zone of imagination/wonderment like Lady T. Vanilla Child, Lil'Bit, The Ivory Queen of Soul. From songs like Tune in Tomorrow to Black Rain, she was an awesome talent. The fortunate part is that her fans are left with uncompromising tunes and reflections that will live forever "ask the rest what I'm going through." I'm tearing as I'm writing this. My heart goes out to her family first and foremost and to other Teena Marie fans, I need some majic words while I'm alone, I'm feelin' like a saxophone

December 29, 2010 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  6. A Friend

So sorry about the death of the one that many people loved , Teena Marie. We all have the hope of the wonderful promises found in Gods word at John 5:28,29 where Jesus will resurrect our loved ones who have fallen ASLEEP in death to live forever here on earth. This will happen during the thousand year reign, (Revelation 20:11-13 ) . This is one reason our Lord Jesus said to pray for His Kingdom to come at Matthew 6:9,10. Psalms 37:11,29 also assures us of an earthly PARADISE. What a wonderful hope.

December 30, 2010 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
  7. jr&tina

we are going to miss you you were the best singer of alll time!

December 30, 2010 at 2:48 am | Report abuse |
  8. michael lemos

fall in love with you thirty years ago and i am still in love with you rest in peace

December 30, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  9. Carl

54! 😦 That is much, MUCH too young to pass away at. R.I.P., Teena. Your music will live on.

December 30, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Will

She had me from day 1. She will be missed. RIP.

December 30, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. karra

since the day she died i cant stop crying we miss her and will always love her

December 31, 2010 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
  12. Pam

I am so sadden to here about Tina Marie I really enjoyed listening to her sing. She really and truely had rhythm and soul in her music. She will be missed!

December 31, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  13. a zander

i was beyond shocked to see 'in memory' on tv. i had to google to make sure not a hoax. that made me sad. i hope Jesus knows her.

December 31, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Pat /Sierra

R.I.P, Teena Marie. i will truly miss you, you are my favorite music artist, Your music was an inspiration to me. I have most of your songs from over the last 3 decades and I introduced your music to my teenage daughter. God bless your family through this very difficult time. I can't believe it but I guess it's true. I wiill always appreciate your contribution to this life. For those with negative comments about you I can see threy have nothing meaningful to contribute on their journey.

January 1, 2011 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |