Singer Teena Marie dead at 54
December 26th, 2010

Singer Teena Marie dead at 54

Teena Marie, an award-winning singer-songwriter known for her R&B
performances, has died, her manager said Sunday. The performer was 54.

Marie was found dead by her daughter after apparently dying in her sleep,
manager Mike Gardner said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Music • Showbiz
soundoff (1,082 Responses)
  1. T FRITTS

IT'S HAS BEEN ABOUT A WEEK SINCE TEENA'S PASSING AND I AM STILL HEART BROKEN. SHE WAS AND IS STILL MY ALL TIME FAVORITE. SHE WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY CAR, COMPUTER, AND MY HEART. THANK YOU TEENA AND MAY GOD BE WITH YOUR FAMILY..........

January 2, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  2. Jackie Neal

Tina Marie will always be one the all time greatest artist. I hope young artist will follow in her foot steps and not giving on their dreams as Tina Marie stayed with her dream. To Tina's daughter and mother WOW!! What a blessing she was to The R and B music, her family and to women working pass challenges within the workforce. My prayers are with you all.

January 2, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Tina

You will be missed i danced to your music as a young girl and you always had a beat that made me move my feet. Sing forever with GOD now and we will always Cherish the sound of the 80's because you were & always be TENNA MARIE!!! Im so sad & shocked

January 2, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  4. juizzy80

What a shock! Teena Marie was a great performer, and an awsome singer.
    I am fairly young, but I've been told I have "an old soul". Teena Marie captured my heart at a very tender age of 12. I am 30 now. I sit here in tears, and somewhat amazed that people and their music can have such an affect on other people. And she did in deed. She will be greatly missed, but surely not forgotten. I will continue to play her music as usual as if she is still here. Because she may not be, but her spirit definately is. I love u Teena! My prayers go out to her and her family for their great loss. May God bless her daughter and the rest of her family. This is sooo sad 😦 Words cant express the hurt that all I know. What a beautiful woman, and a talented angel. Now that she is at peace with the Lord may your spirit live on.
    God Bless.

January 3, 2011 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  5. staci

thanks for ALL the great songs you gave me. your voice will forever be in my mind. Your family will be in my prayers.

January 3, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Paradice Johnson

We all will miss you dearly Teena. Your music and your voice were both equally beautiful. I send my condolences to your family and i wish them well. I know that you and Rick are probably sitting next to each other singing "Fire"! It is one of my favorite songs. R.I.P Teena... And Rick.

January 5, 2011 at 2:24 am | Report abuse |
  7. fernadina

I am justlearning about the passing of a great entertainer. I pray her family keep her deep in their heart and know her life was not in vein. God bless Teena Marie!!!! SMH

January 6, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  8. John

Not to diminish the death of a great entertainer it's refreshing to read upbeat comments instead of the hateful posts on the deaths of six people in Arizona. RIP

January 10, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  9. macy biish rules

We all will miss you

January 10, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Blame it on the GOOSE

Deat Tina and family, I had my share of close friends brothers and family that passed on 2010. You have been part of my life for over 20 yrs and you will be totally missed. I love how you touch my heart and no other woman will ever sing like you. I will never get a chance to see u in person and sing with you. Rest in pease and God bless your family.

January 15, 2011 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  11. randy

may god bless her to rip she is an amazing lady i like her sooo much mintrio.com

January 20, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  12. priya

😦 i miss her soo much she is a great queen may god bless u rip
    mobilecruze.com

January 20, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  13. A Friend

A Friend

So sorry about the death of the one that many people loved , Teena Marie. We all have the hope of the wonderful promises found in Gods word at John 5:28,29 where Jesus will resurrect our loved ones who have fallen ASLEEP in death to live forever here on earth. This will happen during the thousand year reign, (Revelation 20:11-13 ) . This is one reason our Lord Jesus said to pray for His Kingdom to come at Matthew 6:9,10. Psalms 37:11,29 also assures us of an earthly PARADISE. What a wonderful hope that Teena Marie and all those who fall asleep have.

Purelang1@yahoo.com for more info.

January 25, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • your brother from kitchener, Canada

I couldn't agree more. Thanks for sharing bible truths about ressurection and paradise on earth. ( 1 Tim 3 :4) Just think if Adam and Eve hadn't sinned against God they'd still be alive today in a global paradise with perfect people. Thanks to Jehovah God He holds out that hope for us today in the bible. And as you said Psalm 37: 9-11, 29.

March 21, 2011 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Paca Bana

Some may make lite or joke about her death but who are you kidding? I get that you didnt know her personally and so what! But, ask yourselves seriously! How highly do you think of yourself if you can't even spare a thought for the people who read what you write. I wonder how long you will spend thinking about this.....

February 5, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Rana Maneri

I am so sorry I just heard and want to do a tribute. She was a favorite!

March 18, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Indy

Teena was the Ivory soul Queen of Motown may she rest in peace.....This woman had the badest voice of all times yes she did at least in my eyes she did I know you are in heaven rocking those clouds with Rick James,,,,,,

February 18, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |