Singer Teena Marie dead at 54
December 26th, 2010

Singer Teena Marie dead at 54

Teena Marie, an award-winning singer-songwriter known for her R&B
performances, has died, her manager said Sunday. The performer was 54.

Marie was found dead by her daughter after apparently dying in her sleep,
manager Mike Gardner said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Music • Showbiz
soundoff (1,082 Responses)
  1. cg

RIP vanilla child! I love her music !

December 26, 2010 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Melissa Lambert

So very sorry to hear of the loss of Lady T. She was such a large part of my youth. I am truly heartbroken.

December 26, 2010 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Molly

Who!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

December 26, 2010 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • RUFFNUTT

you aighnt no owl

December 26, 2010 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • TEdmonds

If you don't know, why even take the time to post? Go Google and leave the true fans to honor her memory with respect.

December 26, 2010 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • snowed in

Google is your friend.

December 26, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • WL

Wellllll...why not go back and listen to Lady gaga, since apparently that kind of low level talent is the only thing that moves your meter. DUH!!!

December 26, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Tee Moore

More info.

December 26, 2010 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. RUFFNUTT

i wonder if when she was dying and she saw a white light if she was like ' is that you jesus? ' " no. it's rick james bit@$! "

December 26, 2010 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. gladi

Who dat?

December 26, 2010 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. kinglouisxiii

"Feels like I am in love" is a gay anthem. RIP Teena! I remember those days on the dance floor...

December 26, 2010 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. ladydi

does it matter how she pasted away? Think about her family and friends

December 26, 2010 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. johnquest

I just read, she had a seizure while watching a movie or TV.

December 26, 2010 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • RUFFNUTT

maybe she was playing nentendo and didn't read the warning label.

December 26, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  10. her last twitter post

she tweeted just before she passed away as it is being stated it was 20 hours ago and the tweet...supposedly...live forever Sarah Vaughn may you do that and I never die...wow prophecy?

December 26, 2010 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Mrs. Johson

I am crushed to hear that Teena passed away. I've always loved her music and this was a devastating end to Christmas. The world has lost a legend. RIP Teena.

December 26, 2010 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. alumette

I have never heard of this woman. It seems a lot of people on this board know her. I must have been under a rock.

December 26, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mmmmm

Download her music and be converted!

December 26, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Valerie

Either that, or you got no soul!

RIP, Lady T!!! I love you!!!!! I will miss you!!!

December 26, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • APS III

"Fire &Desire"," deja Vu", "Happy", "I need your lovin", " Lover girl", "Portuguese love" , "Square Biz" , "Im just a sucker for your love" (This represents a small list of her hits)

December 26, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Larry N

RIP Teena Marie. Why are all the R n B legends leaving us but the wack ones that pass for singers are still here producing crap?

December 26, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Rex Ryan

lol true

December 26, 2010 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • WL

Agreed. look at all the ignorant fools leaving comments like "who is she?". Our society has really become a breeding ground for mindless sheep. How can anyone NOT know who she is? I give up on today's generation. Let them enjoy losers like Lady gaga and Pink. they think that crap is music!

December 26, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • karen

AMEN.....LOVE YOU TEENA .....SOUL SISTA

December 26, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  14. dee

Wow...if you have nothing positive to say, what's the point of your smug ass comments? Damn, I hope you don't die tomorrow.

December 26, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. tracy

54 years old – sad but She lived her talent to the fullest. Not everyone can say that .

December 26, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply