Man hit by SUV while playing live Frogger
December 31st, 2010

Man hit by SUV while playing live Frogger

A man in Clemson, South Carolina, had to be hospitalized after he was hit by an SUV while playing a live version of an arcade game, CNN affiliate WYFF reports.

The 23-year-old man and some friends were acting out the video game Frogger, in which players try to send frogs across a busy highway without getting run over.

Police said the man, whose name was not released, yelled "Go!" and darted into traffic, where he was struck by a 2010 Lexus SUV.

He was treated at a local hospital and released. He is not a Clemson University student, police noted. Neither he nor the SUV driver was charged, police told WYFF.

London's Daily Mail Online compared the incident to an episode of "Seinfeld" in which George Costanza tries to move a video game across a busy street.

The photo above is a screen shot of Konami's Frogger game, which was released in 1981.

Post by:
Filed under: South Carolina • U.S.
  1. ~insert name here~

most people at least make it halfway through the level before being hit.....

January 1, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. mccgeno

how come nobody got any video???

January 1, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Matt

So Much for 3 lives

January 1, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. soooo LO-LO

Its soooo hilarious that even the Mentally Retarded kids are making jokes about this numb nutz...

January 2, 2011 at 1:36 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. soooo LO-LO

...I bet this numb nutz parents are really proud of their little boy...I can hear it now the dad cheering him on,"Go on boy, make a name of yourself and make us proud!"...

January 2, 2011 at 1:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. soooo LO-LO

Honestly people, stop posting logical and analytical explanations about this idiotic situation. There's no logic way to analysis this matter. Pedestrians this, pedestrians that...don't forget that this numb nutz darted through traffic

January 2, 2011 at 1:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Master of the Universe

@phil re: My postings were not just about ......They were concerning the principle that human life is more valuable than saving time.
    >Ummm could you please point me to the section of the article that states the driver was speeding? I seem to have missed it. I would imagine had he been, he'd have been issued a ticket!

>When I drive on a HIGHWAY I not only don't (nor should I have too) anticipate some idiot darting out & hopping across the HIGHWAY.
    In my home state it is ILLEGAL to walk or run across a HIGHWAY in front of moving traffic without good cause. It is also known as reckless endangerment.

January 2, 2011 at 2:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Master of the Universe

LMMFAO!
    I find it exceedingly ironic that this moron is considered to have 'survived' the hit (can't even allow myself call this an 'accident') as it is clearly evident that this Darwinism waiting to happen, was completely Brain-Dead BEFORE the incident took place. I'd sue for 'wrongful life' couldn't possibly lose that one in court.

January 2, 2011 at 2:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. soooo LO-LO

Freakin' idiot didn't even pass LEVEL 1 of the live action Frogger Game...GAME OVER, RETARD! what a loser...oh by the way, did they ever publish the name of this dumb @ss. I'm not sure if I should ridicule him or congratulate him for surviving a hit on collision with an SUV...

January 2, 2011 at 3:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. soooo LO-LO

I'm not sure which is worst, get your nutz flicked by a midget or be this idiot darting through traffic and have full contact with an SUV...*bang*...you just got slammed with a dose of reality check...SUV wins by 50-points

January 2, 2011 at 3:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Kelly

@Phil...
    Cup holders? Really?
    Do us all a favor. If you love Germany so much and are such a fan of their highways...then move to Germany. You are an idiot. Your remarks are almost as stupid as Frogger-boys

January 2, 2011 at 4:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. brian d

wow lmfao whats bunch of stupid azz dudes

January 2, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. George

How can anybody be so STUPID!! the poor person or family on the SUV should be rewarded something, they had a really bad experience because that moron.

January 2, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Sarah

I'm a resident of Clemson. There is NO WAY that suv had time to stop or even think about stopping before he hit that guy. It happened at an intersection in Clemson that is always covered in traffic..

January 22, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Wow

@Phil, you're an idiot. Now please get the hell out of this country.

January 25, 2011 at 7:20 am | Report abuse | Reply