Arkansas game officials probe mystery of falling birds
January 2nd, 2011

Arkansas game officials probe mystery of falling birds

Arkansas game officials hope testing scheduled to begin Monday will solve the mystery of why up to 5,000 birds fell from the sky just before midnight New Year's Eve.

The birds - most of which were dead - were red-winged blackbirds and starlings, and they were found within a one-mile area of Beebe, about 40 miles northeast of Little Rock, the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said. Birds fell over about a one-mile area, the commission said in a statement.

As of Saturday, between 4,000 and 5,000 birds had been found dead, the commission's Keith Stephens said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Arkansas
  1. merr

they ran out of energy and needed some energy drinks

January 3, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jay Rod

Its all about the gov. testing their weather manipulator called HAARP. Its a race against time and superiority to be number one in weather manipulation. Cmon Man 5000 birds diagnosed with the scares? Please, does Arkansas think we are that stupid to believe that so many birds died so abruptly due to fear. Fear of the New Years celebration or was it rain or hail? Cmon Arkansas you can do better than that!

January 3, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  3. goldtracker

I have to say I think it's more about the earth magnetism and geological evens in the New Madrid fault line.

January 4, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. duhh duhh duhnnn

government secrets
    weapon testing
    global warming
    air pollution
    aliens
    armageddon
    ...... we will never know the truth..

January 4, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Joey

I blame the pigs that stole their eggs.

January 4, 2011 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  6. wheelalignmentshop

LOL too funny, Joey.

January 5, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Alicia

Only 1 explantation: POLAR SHIFT!

January 15, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  8. play bird games

hey there and thank you for your information ? I've certainly picked up something new from right here. I did alternatively expertise a few technical points the usage of this website, since I skilled to reload the website lots of occasions prior to I may just get it to load properly. I had been brooding about if your hosting is OK? No longer that I am complaining, but slow loading cases times will sometimes have an effect on your placement in google and could injury your high-quality rating if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I'm including this RSS to my e-mail and could glance out for much extra of your respective fascinating content. Ensure that you update this again very soon..

April 9, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  9. onlinesportsgames.org

I do accept as true with all the ideas you have introduced in your post. They are really convincing and can certainly work. Nonetheless, the posts are too short for newbies. Could you please extend them a little from subsequent time? Thank you for the post.

April 10, 2012 at 3:25 am | Report abuse |