Zsa Zsa Gabor to have part of leg amputated
January 2nd, 2011

Zsa Zsa Gabor to have part of leg amputated

Actress Zsa Zsa Gabor is hospitalized again and will have part of a leg
amputated, according to her representative.

John Blanchette said cancerous lesions started appearing on one of
Gabor's legs, and gangrene is imminent. Gabor (seen in 1996 above) was being prepared for surgery Sunday night. Her leg will be amputated below the knee, Blanchette said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. banasy

Stop the presses!!!

January 2, 2011 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • HereWeGoAgain

I thought they DID that already! Back on August 15, there was much ado in the headlines about Zsa Zsa asking for a priest to administer last rites, because she was in a "very serious condition". It was "a sad time for the whole family", according to one article. Naturally, I was expecting the next headline to be the announcement of her death. Now she's having an operation? So the August headlines were "Much Ado About Nothing"?

January 2, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andres Pereyda

she should pack her leg in medicinal clay and let her body heal itself, but the rich are blind.

January 3, 2011 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
  2. Mmmmm

Okay guys that is TMI...give the lady some privacy!

January 2, 2011 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leslee

I agree, this is such a private matter. Ms. Gabor, I so hope you have very little suffering and a speedy recovery.

January 2, 2011 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  3. EmmaLee

I wish her a speedy and complete recovery.

January 2, 2011 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lucas

I'm not sure a complete recovery is possible when they chop off part of your leg... but I get your point!

January 3, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  4. TK

Leave the poor woman alone. This isn't news, it is a private family matter and she deserves some dignity.

January 2, 2011 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dr. Wu

Hate to break this to you, but this ceased to be a private family matter the minute CNN decided to put it on their website.

January 2, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • JD90

I agree, but I get the impression from the story wording that her publicist is releasing this information. I don't know why she has a representative, she hasn't been in a movie in 18 years.

January 3, 2011 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  5. Sherri W.W.

hopefully they show the surgery on tv~
    that would be cool~I wonder what hospital she goes to?

January 2, 2011 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Ugonna

so sad

January 2, 2011 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  7. RUFFNUTT

now she can be a pirate. all she needs is an eyepatch to go with the pegleg.

January 2, 2011 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  8. m

Poor thing

January 2, 2011 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Burgermeister Meisterburger

Not that, Dahling.

January 2, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Ugonna

I feel her pain. I've had 3 limbs amputated. my husband says he wishes my head were one of them. I bet Zsa Zsa doesn't have to deal with that though.

January 2, 2011 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • phyl

Sweetheart call a divorce lawyer. You deserve better than that.

January 2, 2011 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kathy

Divorce his ass!

January 3, 2011 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
    • SugarCoated

whatever to the other 2...
      It's good that your husband is still your husband and that he tries to tease you the same as if nothing happened. Some people have no sense of humor. You had limbs amputated not your funny bone. They want you to be offended easily like they are but, obviously you've been through more to not be so sensitive to a joke.
      Being able to joke with you is actually a lot more caring than a darn pity party everyday for the rest of your life. You have to keep the humor through life's hard times. If you can laugh through it, you can get through it.

January 3, 2011 at 4:04 am | Report abuse |
  11. Vs

Cancer? Sounds like the blood clots caused her tissue to die, thus the amputation....

January 2, 2011 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • $299

And who the F asked you?!!

January 2, 2011 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shiroferetto

You're probably right about the blood clots. This "cancerous lesion" thing sounds dubious at best. But then I don't exactly expect CNN to be rigorous in its research. In any case, I hope she comes through it okay.

January 3, 2011 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Lucas

More people have amputations related to diabetes than cancer. Poor circulation causes lesions and gangrene.

January 3, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  12. NEVA FOSTER

I am so sorry ! I grew up watching Ms. Gabor and her sisters on t.v., and all were wonderful ! I will keep Ms. Zsa Zsa in my prayers.

January 2, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Tracy

And why do we need to know this? Report some real news CNN!

January 2, 2011 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shiroferetto

What are you, five years old? Zsa Zsa is a legend and one of the world's most beautiful women. Grow a brain, please, and some hair somewhere besides your head.

January 3, 2011 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  14. prettypixie1986

My thoughts and prayers to her family. I hope she has a speedy recovery!

January 2, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  15. kim

I experienced both a below and above knee amputation and believe me, it is no walk in the park, pun intended. This is no laughing matter, does not matter how old you are, who you are or what you have done in your life. Put yourself in someone else's shoe. Again, pun intended. Hope she has good people for the support. If you want to see an amputation check UTUBE, but the real stuff begins after, phantom pain and learning to walk again, emotional pain and excatly this, these comments, how people perceive you. Some people should be ashamed of themselves!

January 2, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shiroferetto

Thanks for the reasoned reply, Kim. I'm sorry if you've had to go through hell and back again. I think a lot of the nasty comments on this page may be from people under 30. Just guessing. Zsa Zsa isn't as relevant to their lives as, say, what Britney Spears is doing this week.

January 3, 2011 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Kathy

To Kim and everyone who have had their limb(s) amputated,
      God Bless you! I would have never been able to go thru that experience. Keep ya head up!

January 3, 2011 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |