Son of Iran's former shah committed suicide, family says
Former shah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi and his wife, Farah, are shown after leaving Iran in 1979. His son Alireza Pahlavi committed suicide, his family said Tuesday.
January 4th, 2011

Son of Iran's former shah committed suicide, family says

Alireza Pahlavi committed suicide at his home in Boston, Massachusetts, a spokesman for the family of the former shah of Iran said Tuesday.

Pahlavi, 44, was a son of the former shah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi, who was overthrown in 1979 and died the following year in exile in Cairo, Egypt.

"It is with immense grief that we would like to inform our compatriots of the passing away of Prince Alireza Pahlavi," the family website said.

- CNN's Azadeh Ansari contributed to this story.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Iran • Massachusetts
  1. phil

It was Bob Wills and His Texas Playboy's and I remember them too. Who could forget "Faded Love"? Hay! That song fit's Robin's story. Are we going around in circles here?

January 4, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  2. phil

@Lion-O...could you spare an old man the time and post some details? I'm all ears. (well, I'm all ear rather. deaf in my right ear, oilfield mishap. Mono kinda takes away from the experience and makes calling your own cellphone trying to find it useless.)

January 4, 2011 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • robin Wills

u sure ure not a carter nephew

January 5, 2011 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
    • robin Wills

willie nelson lick butt

January 5, 2011 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  3. phil

Ever been to Granbury or Mineola Robin?

January 4, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • robin Wills

do they live in slums 'to save the world" for prince charles and al gores future of saving the world

January 5, 2011 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
    • robin Wills

from their castles ; of course!

January 5, 2011 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  4. phil

Mary Chapin? She hit on me a few times but I shot her down in flames...he he. Nope, no relation.

January 5, 2011 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  5. robin Wills

u know like the levies couldnt be fixed in new orleans so that hollywood could pretend they actually cared
    just to give them not access to the marketplace between ... yea
    half kathy griffins body weight for at least my entertainment

January 5, 2011 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  6. robin Wills

what i'm politically correct
    like a sarcastic charm offensive

January 5, 2011 at 2:40 am | Report abuse |
  7. Sue

I read almost all of the comments above and much to my surprise is that no body really cared about the dismiss of a young handsome man and especially to think a bit deeper for the reasons brought him to such decision!!!!!!!!

January 5, 2011 at 3:50 am | Report abuse |
  8. Shahriar

CNN Is showing editorial double-standard. Whatever you think, Shah of Iran is always capitalized. Read any article on Qunt Elizabeth and you will see this bias, let alone the editorial choice of "commit" suicide with such a fresh event.

January 5, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  9. ALIREZA

IF , AND IF , THE STORY IS AS IT SEEMS, THE ACT, JUST LIKE HIS ANSESTORS , IS OUT OF WEAKNESS ,
    YOU DO NOT WALK OUT , ON YOUR PEOPLE WHAT EVER THEY DO , ( ITS A OUNTRY NOT A KINDERGARTEN)

January 6, 2011 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
  10. ALIREZA

IF AND ONLY IF , THE STORY IS AS IT SEMMS , THE ACT , JUST LIKE HIS ANSESTORS , IS OUT OF WEAKNESS.
    YOU DO NOT WALK OUT ON YOUR PEOPLE , WHAT EVER THEY DO , (ITS A COUNTRY NOT A KINDERGARTEN)

January 6, 2011 at 7:26 am | Report abuse |
  11. julius

I did computer work in tehran from 9/76 to 2/79.
    I saw the Shah leave and Ko"mean"y arrive.
    those were sad days for that country.

January 6, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  12. aryan

God bless him. Pahlavi family have been very patriot and Iranians will like them forever.

January 6, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Alan Norman

it doesn't MaTTer IF people usE upper Or LOwer caSe letters so long as they have something to say thats worth
    reading , Not everyone has a rounded education for one reason or another, By pointing out their grammatical deficiencies,
    All that person is communicating is they don't have anything worthwhile to say,
    Oh and by the way true Christians do not kill, I can call myself a brain surgeon, But no hospital would hire me unless I could prove I was, Being a member of a so called Christian denomination does not qualify anyone, Only following the
    uncorrupted teachings of Jesus Christ does, He said love thy enemy,Turn the other cheek, Do not return evil for evil.
    An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, the only people that prosper are company.s that make monocles and dentures.

January 27, 2011 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  14. gladys lopez

dear Farah, i am very sorry of the lost of your son.i have the griffing of the lost of my daugter Laura i havent herd from you from a long time hope you remember me. you and your husband were at my house in Puebla, Mexico. I would like if if is possible to get in touch with you again it will give me pleasure hearing from you. you my mail please seend a note. thank you all muy regard and a big hug sincerely GLADYS

February 9, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |