Winning $355M lottery tickets sold in Idaho, Wash. state
January 5th, 2011

Winning $355M lottery tickets sold in Idaho, Wash. state

Two tickets matched all six numbers in Tuesday's Mega Millions drawing.

The owners of those tickets, purchased in Idaho and Washington, will split the estimated $355 million jackpot.

The winning numbers were 4, 8, 15, 25 and 47, with 42 being the Mega Ball number.

It also paid to be a fan of the TV show, "Lost." Four of the six numbers drawn in the Tuesday's Mega Millions lottery matched the numbers immortalized by the Lost character Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, who hit a $114 million jackpot off them - only to be haunted by the same numbers in later episodes.

If you played Hurley's numbers (4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42), you won $150, according to a payout table on the Mega Millions website, though the same table noted that fixed prizes such as the $150 one "may be paid on a pari-mutuel basis and (be) lower than" that amount.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Lotto • U.S.
  1. Kay

Darn, It's on to work as usual!

January 5, 2011 at 7:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Bob

I WON I WOOOOONNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!
    .....dammit.......never mind....I was off by 20 numbers......

January 5, 2011 at 7:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Pony

Holy Shmugg, it's meeeeeeeee

January 5, 2011 at 7:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. curious

congratulationssssssssss winners!

just out of curious, I got two numbers plus Mega ball. So, is it possible I get some too? :D

January 5, 2011 at 7:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • smc

You get something like $10. On the plus side, you can probably go to the store you bought your ticket at and get the $10 without any craziness.

January 5, 2011 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  5. johnnybgood

god forbid some poor chump working-class fool be allowed to beat astronomical odds and live the dream. To suggest the money should go to the government is truely laughable! much of it already will, and whatever is "wasted" on "self-indulgence" naturally goes back into the economy anyway, so all the haters can get off the self-righteous soap-box and stf up.

January 5, 2011 at 7:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Bronxactivist

It is sad that the poor are scrambling to put their money on something they wont win. However there are many people in america winning their own megamillions through drug dealing, banking, finance, exploitation and straight up crookeness. We put up with it in America and allow ourselves to be poor while the rich with the help of the government laugh at us. Look at those peasants scuambling for crumbs. The lotto makes a tremendous profit and we are all still broke.

January 5, 2011 at 7:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. earl

Put 5 million on the side and build a home for homeless kids, with the remainder live your dream!

January 5, 2011 at 8:02 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. virginia hernande

Congratulations. I'm happy for tha both of yall. Yall were trully blessed. Maybe one day I will b bless also. God bless u two.

January 5, 2011 at 8:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • killmoreturtles

Virginia, you need a dose of reality. These people are not blessed, they are EXTREMELY lucky. There is no divine intervention happening. If there was a such thing as GOD, then this being probably would favor people that believe in him. But he does none of that! Heck, there was a man that won millions, the day before he was suppose to go to jail.
      Stop living in the dream world! You need to accept reality. No, it is not always an easy life, but at least you have a chance to do good things. Stop waiting to win your millions, and do good now. So many of you pathetic people think..oh, when I win my millions...then I can help people. Get with it people!!!!

January 5, 2011 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  9. LOL

I win the lottery every week. By not playing I come out ahead of all you fools who do. Granted I don't have that awesome 1 out of 238971239857192385792381572891375189257987 chance of winning but I can live with that.

January 5, 2011 at 8:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mikey B

Good one.

January 5, 2011 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  10. johnnybgood

wait a minute! on second thought, why didn't I win?? I'm God's favorite!

January 5, 2011 at 8:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. C to the L

I love to gamble! I do it every paycheck with Social Security, although that gamble is mandatory

January 5, 2011 at 8:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Murali

I could not understand why this is the top story in CNN? God save this country.

January 5, 2011 at 8:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. someoneelse

This lottery is what is wrong with AMerica. What can one (or two) people really do with that much money? Who could ever really need (or use) that much. I know they can, but that's a bad thing, not a good thing. A lottery with 355 – Million Dollar winners would help many more people and give them good lives. But sharing the wealth is not only not done in America, Americans are actually programmed to think this is evil.

January 5, 2011 at 8:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • phan

i just when i though you couldnt be any dumber... i love when democrats complain and whine it makes me feel good

January 5, 2011 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
    • wil

Really? Spread the wealth. U socialist idiot. NEVER in the history of the world has socialism worked and been successful. If you think 355 million dollar winners is a better idea....then go out and make create and invent that game ..becauce you live in the land of the free AMERICA...you have the liberty to do that.

January 5, 2011 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  14. Bob Lee Swagger

now they can buy more cows to tip

January 5, 2011 at 8:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. ATL Guy

Very very happy for these folks. I wish them luck.

January 5, 2011 at 8:20 am | Report abuse | Reply