Winning $355M lottery tickets sold in Idaho, Wash. state
January 5th, 2011

Winning $355M lottery tickets sold in Idaho, Wash. state

Two tickets matched all six numbers in Tuesday's Mega Millions drawing.

The owners of those tickets, purchased in Idaho and Washington, will split the estimated $355 million jackpot.

The winning numbers were 4, 8, 15, 25 and 47, with 42 being the Mega Ball number.

It also paid to be a fan of the TV show, "Lost." Four of the six numbers drawn in the Tuesday's Mega Millions lottery matched the numbers immortalized by the Lost character Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, who hit a $114 million jackpot off them - only to be haunted by the same numbers in later episodes.

If you played Hurley's numbers (4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42), you won $150, according to a payout table on the Mega Millions website, though the same table noted that fixed prizes such as the $150 one "may be paid on a pari-mutuel basis and (be) lower than" that amount.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Lotto • U.S.
  1. Amy

Now thats a a way to start out the new year Congratulations and God Bless your family.

January 5, 2011 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  2. JoJo

There is no need to pay off the national debt when there are smaller debts you can pay like mine.

January 5, 2011 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  3. Nicky

I bet they're too old to enjoy the money, I'm just sayin..

January 5, 2011 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  4. cavemanstyle

LOTTERY IS FIXED, IT'S ALL A SCAM. Sure, somebody wins, but it's all pre-meditated. That's why the machines are tied to their main offices. You have a better chance betting all on black...

January 5, 2011 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
    • phan

dumb post of the day

January 5, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  5. teresa l

I am happy for the winners but I really wish it was me,I need the money badly

January 5, 2011 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  6. countryboy

Congrats http://www.cdbaby.com/all/numone $$$$$$$$

January 5, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  7. Royce Jackson

Would you be upset if CNN informed you that one of the ticket purchasers was an illegal immigrant to the U.S? The DREAM Act doesn't look so appealing now does it.

January 5, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  8. WolfsComing

Anyone that can still walk around, wipe themselves and breath should consider them lottery winners. Someday all of that will cease. Enjoy today while we have it!

January 5, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  9. cavemanstyle

I don't know if you people know this, but as soon as you "pick" your numbers, or have them auto-generated, the system feeds those numbers to a central lottery computer. Those numbers are saved, and then the computer can take all of the numbers played at drawing time, and actually produce a number that was not played, IF they don't want you to win, and IF they allow you to win, they get to pick which store even the numbers came from. See, it's not a TRUE lottery unless you disconnect the computers from the store you bought them from, making them blind to what numbers were played. Any chimp in the forest could figure this out, if he had some technical skills. Also, that money don't go to any schools or roads like they say it does, it goes into personal bank accounts. If you don't like what I have to say, then quit scamming people, you know who you are....

January 5, 2011 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
    • LOL

I heard that the 'central lottery computer' also flew one of the planes that hit the twin towers. These evil machines need to be taken out!!

January 5, 2011 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  10. kleber

Congrats to the winners

January 5, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  11. Henry

So someone really won in Wa state,,, No wonder I hear my neighbor yelling and screaming since last night,,, that old man did not let me sleep! ! ! I live in the Seattle area,,OMG I have a rich neighbor,,but I woke up and its just a damn dream!

January 5, 2011 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  12. HinduMadarchod

If that happened to me I would buy multiple rounds of cow urine for all my hindu brothers.

January 5, 2011 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  13. GeorgiArmani

I hear that if you write letter to the winners sometimes they send checks back ! ! it happened with the biggest jackpot winner, ! !

January 5, 2011 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  14. Ryan

Hopefully they don't foolishly blow it all on houses and cars they won't be able to pay taxes for in the long run.

January 5, 2011 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  15. OlympiaWa

Its a Fact,,,90percent of lottery winners are broke after a few years! ! ! ! Few hold onto the money wisely!!!!

January 5, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
    • jorge washinsen

Most gamblers end up that way.

January 5, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |