One of two Mega Millions winners revealed
Carolyn and Jim McCullar of Washington will split the $380 million prize with a winner in Idaho.
January 6th, 2011

One of two Mega Millions winners revealed

Mega Millions jackpot winner Jim McCullar and his wife, Carolyn, of Ephrata, Washington, stepped forward on Thursday to claim their half of the $380 million prize.

The other winner, in Idaho, has yet to come forward.

McCullar bought the ticket at a Safeway store in Ephrata using a combination of his and his wife's birthdays. This was the second time the numbers have brought them luck. He won $18,000 in Keno a few years ago, he said.

A jovial McCullar described the moment he and his wife confirmed they had the winning numbers, sitting in front of their computer with the ticket in hand and the Washington lottery website opened.

Changing the world with $380 million

"I said, 'look at this and look at that.' She looked and she studied, and she looked and she studied, and she looked at me and she screamed," he said.

"Tears started flowing down and I looked at her and I started crying. All she could say was, 'is this real, is this real?' And I says, 'I pinched myself already. We're awake and this is real.'"

Read more about the Mega Millions winners
Post by:
Filed under: Lotto
  1. myklds

I'll be the next big winner.

January 7, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. chris

Why does the jackpot never hit in New York..?

January 7, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Free the Leaf

Money Maker:

cannabis=industry.medicine.peace.

January 7, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. guest

get a financial advisor figure out to much to invest in low risks stocks like the other winner did and you'll be a billionare in roughly 5 years...enjoy and remember money cant buy happiness only God can provide that.

January 7, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Bea

Hey those are my long lost parents. You've found me! :)

January 11, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Jon

I believe these lotteries are "rigged.

January 15, 2011 at 9:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Jonny

I believe these big lottery winners are made to make you think that they have won, and are paid off in some manner.

January 15, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. buy vpn uk

You are in point of fact a excellent webmaster. The site loading velocity is incredible. It sort of feels that you're doing any distinctive trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you have done a fantastic activity on this topic!

March 31, 2012 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. david L. Jenkins

Love life and the giver of it ,find lots of new places to ,how other people are doing .

July 28, 2012 at 9:47 am | Report abuse | Reply