Travel affected as winter storm rolls across the South
January 9th, 2011

Travel affected as winter storm rolls across the South

A major winter storm system was rolling across the southeastern United States Sunday, sending out shocks of snow, freezing rain and sleet, and forcing some airlines to cancel flights.

AirTran Airways canceled 14 flights Sunday, most of them heading into Atlanta, in order to have fewer aircraft on the ground there at the time the storm hits, spokesman Christopher White said. Another 270 flights were canceled for Monday, which represents a majority of the Atlanta-bound flights for the airline.

There will be a handful of arrivals and departures only, White said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Weather
  1. RUFFNUTT

im putting my snow tires on my camaro. if i put 4 studded snowtires adn 300lbs of sandbags in the bag it gets around pretty good.

those studded snow tires are awesome when you powerbrake at night. it's like a fireworks show.

January 9, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  2. AMERICA 1st

Stay home and you wont be delayed

January 9, 2011 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Wormhole

whats going on lately? Can't seem to go anywhere,bad weather,rolling heads,I'm jumping back into my time machine

January 9, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

my camaro is so fast it can travel back in time. i was comming home from the bar on 103 and state line..fuzzys south, and i figure if i drove home twice as fast that i would be on the road half-as long and there for safer.. well when i woke up it was the day before.

January 9, 2011 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  4. RUFFNUTT

i good, i bought some mad dog 20/20 and some vodka and oj , plus some romen noodles and some sandwichmeat , filled up with gas and got 2 ounces. im staying in and watching the 2nd season of sanford and son.

have you ever watched sanford and son? yeah but have you watched it on weed? it's way better.

January 9, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Wormhole

like the amenties If you change your mind I've got room.

January 9, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  6. claire

one time i got so high that dyed my hair and tounge green and thought i was the incredible hulk, then we went in back of my friends house and stomped field mice. after that we caught some snakes and put them in peoples mailboxes.

January 9, 2011 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Joey Moore

I found this great article about traveling I recommend to everyone

January 10, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |