Idaho Mega Millions winner identified
January 12th, 2011

Idaho Mega Millions winner identified

The Idaho State Lottery office announced that Holly Lahti of Post Falls, Idaho, won $190 million dollars in last weeks Mega Millions drawing.

She is one of two winning ticketholders who is splitting the jackpot. The other winner is Jim McCullar of Ephrata, Washington, who stepped forward last week to claim his half of the $380 million prize.

Lahti officially claimed the prize yesterday, an Idaho State Lottery spokesman said, adding that Lahti did not want to address the media at this time. She did not appear at the press conference to announce the winner.

"She has indicated that she may be willing to speak to the media when she has her affairs in order," the spokesman said.

Post by:
Filed under: Idaho • Lotto
  1. Maxie

Holly congratulations on your BIG WIN...please do like Oprah...be in charge of your own money, sign your own checks. Please don't let the wolf in to gobble up your winnings. Please use it and spend wisely...which it sounds like you are already doing. CONGRATULATIONS!

January 12, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. clonephone

A brief moment of silence for the tattered remnants of losing lottery tickets.

January 12, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Leila

Ms Molly Lahti is obviously of Finnish origin, so Molly, take care of your money and spend it wisely. All kinds of very, very distant cousins will turn up in the "old country" as well as here in the US and want a piece of it.

January 12, 2011 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. duh123

Man... if I won $190,000,000... I'd split it down the middle with the wife, then hit the courthouse. Then, I'd take my half and move to the other side of the US where I'd have a parade of women in and out of the house. And I wouldn't marry AGAIN. Life is too short to be stressed out when you've got money like that.

January 13, 2011 at 12:07 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • LanaHere

That's probably why you haven't won yet.

January 13, 2011 at 2:54 am | Report abuse |
  5. David Howe

Dear Jeff Frank, [HALF WIT WHO SUBMITTED COMMENT #6], your'e obviously jealous! P.S., You left out the word, it. IGNORANT WRETCH!

January 13, 2011 at 2:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Cole

The 1st picture of Holly Lahti the $380 mil lotto winner has been leaked at my website DollarScholar.com Check it out! I can see why she worked at the bank, one source confirms that is her pic and the only reason why he went in that bank!

January 13, 2011 at 4:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. David Howe

By the way Frank, CNN happens to be the, _ _ _ t,(expletive), when it comes to the news! On a footnote, you might want to try another news agency, this agency might be a bit too high brow, you might try some remedial english while youre at it.

January 13, 2011 at 5:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Dino C.

HOLLY, CONGRATS ON THE WIN. PIECE OF ADVICE: DO NOT MAKE ANY DECISSIONS YET UNTIL U FIND SOME PEOPLE U TRUST (GOOD LUCK) MAYBE YOUR PARENTS-TO HELP U WITH THIS CHANGE IN LIFE. ALSO IF U WANT TO INVEST some of it ,which would be smart, I KNOW THE PRESIDENT OF SMITHBARNEY FINANCIALS, Alpharetta GA ph# 770-643-7617 ask for Randy. VERY HONEST AND A GOOD CHRISTIAN ( I remodeled his 2 homes). He will be willing to help u

January 15, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. ANONYMOUS

WOW, most of u ppl must not read the papers or watch the news. if u did, u wouldnt b saying CONGRATULATIONS, u would say OMG GET HER SOME HELP, SHES A DOPE FEEN WITH WAY TO MUCH MONEY NOW. HER HUSBAND BEAT THE SHYT OUTTA HER IS Y SHE DIDNT SHOW HER FACE. ITS BLACK N BLUE. AND THAT IDIOT GETS HALF. I REALLY HOPE SHE PUTS THE MONEY AWAY AND GETS HERSELF CLEAN AND STRAIGHT BEFORE SHE STARTS SPENDING IT ALL. GOD FORBID SHE ENDS UP N A PINEBOX B4 GETTIN TO LIVE SOME. AND I HOPE THAT HUSBAND OF HERS WENT TO JAIL. GOD BLESS U HOLLY AND UR N MY THOUGHTS.

January 16, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Sandra

Congrats Holly ! I hope that jerk husband of yours gets zip. Keep away from her, you weirdos and hangers-on.

January 24, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. John

Actaully in the case of MegaMillions, the lottery has the right to make you appear for the media as a contingency to claim the prize. Some states require that you disclose yourself to win the lottery, where some others allow the option of putting it into a trust. So they may have not had the option. Washington state for example requires disclosure.

January 28, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Kris

I do not know why this woman still has not officially divorced her deadbeat loser husband. I also wouldhave seen an attorney before claiming this to see if she would have to split it with her estranged husband. Does she have any friend or family she can trust to claim this for her? I would have had someone else do it had an attorney told me I'd have to split it. This deadbeat, jailbird ex of hers doesn't deserve a red cent.

January 28, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply