Giffords off ventilator, hospital says
January 15th, 2011

Giffords off ventilator, hospital says

U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords has been taken off a ventilator and is breathing on her own through a tracheotomy tube, the University Medical Center of Tucson, Arizona announced Saturday.

Surgeons on Saturday also inserted a feeding tube so the congresswoman could get nutrients.

In addition, one other person injured last Saturday's Arizona shooting - James Tucker, 58 - was released from the medical center on Saturday, leaving three people still at the hospital.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Arizona • Crime • Politics • U.S.
  1. Rabbitsfoot

how about this for a concept,she's lucky the bullet missed vital area's of brain,and those innocent children were at the wrong place at the wrong time.

January 16, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  2. sick and tired

Now if we could just get her out of the news! Time to move on CNN. Didn't the Virgin Mary appear in a tortilla somewhere, now THAT'S news. No one cares anymore, and some of us never did.

January 16, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  3. sick and tired

At least she now has the same IQ as the rest of the idiots she works with.

January 16, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Gas Guzzler

I had the Virgin Mary airbrushed on a 442 Cutlass back in the day.We won quite a few stock class race's at Pomona.Kinda miss that car.

January 16, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. rob

And they keep talking about speaking kindly and making a difference...too bad I don't see that on this website. I doubt any of you are in the hospital with the Congresswoman so do you really have a clue on her condition...other than what the media reports? I am a nurse and I do not have a clue what is happening there...I just pray she recovers enough to live a good life with her family.

January 17, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Acey

I agree with you Jan also I just found out that Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords just started full rehab at the TIRR rehab center she just got out of the ICU in Houston today. Jan will Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords be to speak again and also how and would the doctors remove the Trach in her wind pipe and her feeding tube?
    I believe in you Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords that I hope that you a speedy recovery and I can't wait to see you walk up to podium and speak again you have great voice and you are also a great person in Congress. Stay Strong

January 26, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |