Holyfield: I want to be heavyweight champion again
Boxer Evander Holyfield poses after a weigh-in in 2009.
January 18th, 2011

Holyfield: I want to be heavyweight champion again

"I have a goal. My goal ever since 1992 to be the heavyweight champion of the world again."

At age 48, Evander Holyfield said he isn't letting age stop him in his quest to become a heavyweight champion once again.

Over his 26 year career he has fought in countless fights, won 5 heavyweight titles, and even participated in a memorable stint on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars." He gets back in the ring this Saturday night against Sherman "Tank" Williams at the Greenbrier in White Sulpher Springs, West Virginia.

On American Morning Holyfield told Kiran Chetry how he stayed in shape for his upcoming fight.

"The only reason you don't reach goals is because you quit," he said.

1. myklds

He was a great fighter, I have a high regards and respect for the man. I also care for him, that's why I would rather tell him honestly and sincerely to STOP dreaming before it would turn into a nightmare. He has proved enough, there's no no need to prove more.

January 18, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. banasy

Banasy: "I want to be 21 again."

January 18, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. go team

Just don't make any more children. Let the ones you have grow up, then you could save some money on child support. Hope and pray you don't lose more than a fight.

January 18, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Saladeen

Is this a joke

January 18, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Old Yeller

I hope this is more like Rocky and less like Favre. Oh wait, they both lost. Give it up old guys!

January 18, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Mike Tyson

There is nothing wrong with retirement evander. You and I blew all are money, shame on us

January 18, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. railroad

Dont do that you are too old fool.

January 18, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. kathy

????Is his wife a model. Maybe she can get a job.

January 18, 2011 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Robert 747

Someone please call the police Evander you wil be committing a crime saturday old school versus new school dont do it

January 18, 2011 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Robert 747

Stop Look and Listen to my heart beat sit your old

January 18, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Robert 747

Stop Look and Listen to what i have to say sit your old butt down before you get knock out 747

January 18, 2011 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. your daddy

anything is possible i suppose. g. foreman won the belt at or close to that age.

January 19, 2011 at 12:03 am | Report abuse | Reply