Jack LaLanne dead at 96
January 23rd, 2011

Jack LaLanne dead at 96

American fitness guru Jack LaLanne died Sunday afternoon at his home in Morro Bay, California, according to his long-time agent, Rick Hersh. He was 96.

The cause, said Hersh, was respiratory failure due to pneumonia. LaLanne had been ill for the past week.  His wife, Elaine, was at his side, along with his family and friends, Hersh said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Obituary
  1. Hal Landen

I had the pleasure of working with Jack on two videos. Here's my tribute blog to him

January 25, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Skinny Larry

Skinny Fiber-Everyone gets paid! No Sponsoring Required to earn up to $1618 a month http://skinnylarry.com

January 26, 2011 at 9:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Baby Blues

Jack, Elaine and I would exercise 5 mornings a week faithfully. I had gained 80 lbs with my baby and was 17 years old. His humor, sincerity, encouragement and bluntness gave me back my high school figure and I'm still kicking 23 year old butts...only I'm 62. All because Jack lived what he preached, lived a vision, spoke the truth and encouraged me to be my best. He will live on in the muscle memories of 1000's. Now God is doing finger tip pushups. Thanks Jack. God bless his family

January 26, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. jo

Rest in peace Jack. He was my first introduction to exercising. Telling the viewers to turn off their phones and bring a chair from the kitchen. (smile ) fondest memories. God be with you Elaine

January 29, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. April M

The only time I recall my Mom working out was to Jack on black and white TV......She adored him.
    and by gosh I DID think he was pretty entertaining even when I was a wee little tyke! too bad about his illness . He would have made it well past 100 I know. Reminds me of Dr. Atkins of the Atkins diet..... Did he die of a heart attack or cancer...NO... He slipped and fell on the ice. So sad!!!

January 31, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Lawrence Woolf

Jack Lalaane was the closest thing to a superman. I always admired him greatly. I am 81 years old and am still pumping iron every day. It becomes a way of life. He will be sorely missed.

March 8, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. mlw

God Bless his Family may they find peace in his passing. Thank you Jack for sharing Your Life with us,I'll be seeing You later

March 24, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. aimy

god bless this family . rip

August 7, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Gerard

When I was a little boy, I used to watch Jack LaLanne and exercise with him, This man was the most healthiest man in the world, and I was so proud to be a part of his generation. He was a role model to be in health and a hero to me. Thank you for ALL OF WHO ARE!!!!

December 8, 2011 at 6:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Dave

I am fairly new to the whole vegan thing and have faleln in love with cooking again because of this new lifestyle. In fact my hubby and kids all pulled together to buy me a food processor for Mother's day to help me along the way. I would have to say beans of all kinds but especially black and pinto. You can do so many wonderful things with them. I love chick peas too.

September 5, 2013 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
  10. david campbell

Mr arn chair no it all,? you are a person of jealously,Jack LaLanne,wanted to help others even more than himself,your the Dumb ,Dumb!

June 12, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • david campbell

Sorry spelling needs corrected on last statement . .I meant Mr arm chair know it all? and as a big question to this previous comment ithat was made before.amyhows god bless you Jack Lalanne.i try to carry on your motivation on health in a small community with little people.but you inspired me 20 plus years ago ,even before the great arnold,love ya jack,and thankyou very much ,i will carry on what you taught. David Elliott Graham Campbell

June 14, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. david campbell

Chuck norris you rock !good comment on jack,and boy love to know you ,i spare alot in martial arts,you also inspire me ,sure would love to know some of your knowledge,on those awsome kicks that you were able to perform back in the day and other stuff you know,Me and my buddy are good but your awsome on what you show,if your bored,come find me, I live in Mccook nebraska.and this blog is no disrespect to JackLlalane. thx .I know im dreaming ,but a man can dream .

June 14, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply