Gotta Watch: Being Elmo; meet the mob; rig jumps median
Kevin Clash puppeteers Sesame Street's Elmo.
January 24th, 2011

Gotta Watch: Being Elmo; meet the mob; rig jumps median

Importance of being Elmo – You may have never heard of Kevin Clash, the man behind the legend - Elmo, that is. CNN's Brooke Anderson meets Elmo's puppeteer, a six-foot tall man with a low, smooth and manly voice. Clash is the subject of a documentary debuting at the Sundance Film Festival called "Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey."

Meet the mob – If you think being part of the mob is as glamorous as Don Corleone makes it out to be, you may think twice after you hear what a real mobster has to say about it.  Michael Franzese was part of the Colombo family and says that being a mobster is anything but glamorous.

Dramatic crash caught on camera – This big rig smashes over a median into oncoming traffic and it's all caught on camera. There were no fatalities in the crash.

1. Mmmmm

Elmo's okay but ti luv cookie monster, grouch, and count dracula! HA-Ha-ha-ha!!

January 24, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ralph

I can not stand Elmo. His laugh gets on my nerves. My 5 year old was afraid of him when she was younger so I got out of having to deal with him. But my 20 month old LOVES him. We don't watch tv usually and only DVDs but she'll see him on PBS now and then and he's plastered on every book on the shelf. So now she asks for Elmo. Lord help me.

January 24, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  2. ....

elmos a 40 something year old man?! i did not that...

January 24, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • galfridus73

Not 40... he's 50! He turns 51 this year. He's been Elmo since 1985 (Elmo, in different ways, harkens back to 1971).

January 24, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Ernie

Grover is tops!

January 24, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Tiffany

My little girl is about to turn 2 and she was always attracted to the color red for some reason. So of course she LOVED Elmo. She soon discovered Abby Caddaby too. And would scream really loud ABBY CADDABY!! (its fun to say out loud over and over.) Now she sits at our piano and bnags the keys while singing the elmo song. Shes so fun. I love that SS is still on the air and I get to share one of my favorite shows from my childhood with my daughter now. Sunny days....

January 24, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Tiffany

best part of the truck video..."you ok?" "Yes, Holy **BLEEP**!!" lol

January 24, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ralph

My friend was hit by a semi while driving to a store one day. Her 2 year old son was killed and she woke up from unconsciousness after 2 days with 15 broken bones to learn she had lost her baby. Every time I see videos like this it just makes me cry.

January 24, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

My favorite part was the last replay where CNN finds the need to highlight the truck barreling through the median

January 24, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. apple

Is Elmo a Communist? Red is popular for kids getting brainwashed.

January 24, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • red state

Is that a coincidence that the Republicans are "Red States". Giving false hope (brain washing as you put it) of protecting lower and middle class while all the while fleecing America to the large corporations.

January 24, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jared

Is it just me or does it look like that big rig hit a jeep and pushed it through the median. You can see the jeep in the last few frames when the big rigs broken hood gets out of the way.

January 24, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Al_H

No, I live right by where this accident happened. That's the front end of the rog getting smashed to bits from the center median. It was truly astonoshing that no one got hurt in this accident. Unfortunately, you see these types of accidents all the time on that highway, due to improperly trained truck drivers that are usulay immigrants. They take a 2 week crash course, get there AZ license, and off they go driving cross country with maybe 40 hours of rig driving experience. Not saying it's their fault, they are just trying to work and provide for their family, but the governemt needs to regulate the truck driving industry a little more to make it safer for everyone. Something like the graduated licensing we have for regular drivers should apply to truck drivers as well.

January 24, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Usher73

Gotta is not a word.

January 24, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • dkrash

... is now.

January 24, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  9. dylan

The truck hit Chuck Norris?

January 24, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Joe Nobody

How the heck did that guy and girl swerve without either one even a uttering a sound until he was asked if he was ok? Or at least jump when the windshield cracked? Canadians have nerves of steel..or snow.

January 24, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Encal

Elmo's fine. I mean, he's not too bad for a kid's friend, but I'd still prefer the puppets.

Btw,check out Book Depository. They're selling Sesame Street Books and delivering them for free!! The link as follows

January 24, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  12. RUFFNUTT

elmo is going to hell, he doesnt have a soul.

January 24, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • dkrash

@SNUFFBUTT – You should be praying for him then. Do what moves you.

January 24, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  13. The Man

These videos suck, if you want to laugh your frickin face off check out cornvids.com

January 24, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ohsnap

You are some really sick people...trashing Elmo.

January 24, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |