Gotta Watch: Cop car Houdini move; worst hotel; Egypt protest
A burglary suspect attempts to escape from a moving police car.
January 26th, 2011

Gotta Watch: Cop car Houdini move; worst hotel; Egypt protest

Dude, where's my suspect? – You can file this video under "dumb criminals who think they're Houdini."  This burglary suspect obviously thinks it's a good idea to try to escape a moving police car while in handcuffs. The only thing he broke trying to escape was maybe his ego.

Not-so-grand hotel – The Grand Resort Hotel in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, has been named by TripAdvisor as the dirtiest hotel in America. The manager there offers some explanation and promises to change in this video. We'll let you decide whether or not to stay there.

Man braves water cannon – A CNN staffer described this as a "Tiananmen Square moment." It happened in Cairo, Egypt, during anti-government protests. Watch as the demonstrator in the blue and white jacket gets hit square in the face by a police water cannon, but stands his ground while fellow protesters join the confrontation. Police have been using tear gas and water cannons on protesters as they fight for the ouster of their longtime leader, President Hosni Mubarak.

1. James Mansfield

Hey CNN, if you are going to have users watch more than one video, don't use advertisements before all of them, especially not the same ads.

January 26, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • ALIX

I like where your heads at Mr. Mansfield

January 26, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Person

1.Get Firefox.
      2.Get Adblock+
      3.Never see ads again.

It'll take you a short bit longer than the amount of time it took you to write your comment complaining about the ads.

January 26, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cricket

Amen

January 26, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Dijit

Person, Adblock does not block these video ads. I have tried everything to block them. It is really annoying to see ads especially on death videos, like the nine year old girl (and very rude).

January 26, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  3. IrishboyNYC

I just installed Adblock+ and it immediately worked...make sure you restart FireFox to initiate the filter...I went back to the videos above and no ads...

January 26, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Kevin

While I'm not 100% sure that this is in fact what's blocking them... I have firefox and adblock and I didn't have any ads prior to the videos. Just sayin...

January 26, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Fish

I'm with everyone on the advertising BS. EVERY single video has a commercial. Tragic news should not be prefaced with a marketing campaign. I'm so glad my company doesn't do this... And the ones that do, I wonder if they know it is bad for their company image?

January 26, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Greg

First its free content, get used to ads.

Second, for the girl that jumped out of the police car, how much you wanna bet the police get sued for not buckling her up? Or for leaving the window down.

January 26, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brian

His name is Nick.. not a woman (hence he in the article) who bailed from the car and he undid the seatbelt. The officer slowed down to about 25ish and rolled the window down cause he said he'd puke.... doubt anything will happen. The video is on http://www.KSL.com as well. Details, details, etc.

January 26, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • johncompton88

I am with you on this, it is FREE video, get used to the ads.
      If people dont want to watch an ad then maybe they should ask CNN to start a pay per view video site....no ads.
      Myself, i would rather watch a few ads, then to pay for watching them.
      However i also agree that a 30 second ad for every video is a bit much.
      HEY CNN....use a service that keeps track of the vids i watch and use this info to feed me other vids i may want to see.
      Hey CNN...i'm not done yet,on the "free game site" i use; when ad time comes around, it usually has 3 ads i can can choose from to watch....that only means that the ad is me revelent to me the the other 2, this way you can charge more per ad to the companies buying ad time.....just sayin

January 26, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • johncompton88

oops.....*relevant*

January 26, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Greg

One thing about the ads though. I do agree that an ad for every video is too much.

January 26, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Thomas Covenant

Oops. The none lethal water cannon didn't work. Ok, lets use AK-47's.

January 26, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Usher73

Gotta is still not a word.

January 26, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  10. npr

I'm glad I'm not alone on this one. cnn should not make it every video. I spend almost no time at cnn watching any videos.

January 26, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  11. cloe

I just wish they would put closed captioning on these or at least a transcript on some of these... CNN videos are certainly not for the deaf or hard of hearing..

January 26, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |