50 people in 50 days: Girl disappeared on spring break
Brittanee Drexel was 17 when she disappeared in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, in April 2009.
January 31st, 2011

50 people in 50 days: Girl disappeared on spring break

Editor's note: Nancy Grace's new show on HLN, "Nancy Grace: America's Missing," is dedicated to finding 50 people in 50 days. As part of the effort, which relies heavily on audience participation, CNN.com's news blog This Just In will feature the stories of the missing.

This is the 11th case, and it will air at 9 p.m. ET Monday on HLN.

For two years, police have been looking for Brittanee Drexel, a teenage girl who disappeared during a spring break trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Drexel, of Rochester, New York, was last seen in Myrtle Beach on April 25, 2009, disappearing after going for a walk about 8 p.m. She was 17 at the time.

This past weekend, the second-largest search for Drexel was launched with the help of 200 trained volunteers from the Center for Missing Persons. Volunteers covered heavily wooded areas on foot and with the help of ATVs, horses and dogs.

1. NOLA Dave

If CNN wants people to watch this show, maybe they can get Vinnie Politan to host it.
    Who out there in TV land likes listening to the Nancy Grace?? UGH!

January 31, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jessica

A lot of people actually. And this shouldn't be the forum for bashing Nancy Grace. How about keeping the topic related to the unfortunate disappearance of this girl.

January 31, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • realistic

Just saw her show for first time last night; he's awful. Always interrupting after she asks a guest a question. Insisting on a Y or N answer despite asking a ridulously one sided question.
      This show sounds like it has good intentions, but with the one example I saw of her technique, I doubt she'll get much done because she'll alienate guests from the show eventually.

February 1, 2011 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Carol

I agree NOLA Dave! I can not stand Nanceeeee Grace since her coverage of Natalie in Aruba. Now she's suddenly this Missing Persons Investigator???? Give me & all other people a BREAK- kick her back to court coverage! She is not very good-not personable-the voice alone is irritating (can't they at least do some modification). Can not stand her! No one I knows can-yet a week ago a gentlemen on here said his wife & her friends liked her- I told him to BAN her EVEN to the point of Parental Blocking on the TV!!! Yes, I care about the KIDS- but NANCEEEE doesn't-poor poor coverage-HAS ANY CHILD BEEN RECOVERED WITH HER "HELP"? DON'T THINK SO...God help those parents-but really-take it out of her hands & give it to SOME OTHER NEWS or ADAMS father, who has found children!!! NO TO NANCYGRACE!!!!

February 10, 2011 at 6:34 am | Report abuse |
  2. RUFFNUTT

I'D get with her.. but she would have to take me out to dinner a few times a week and have my camaro fixed up even better..

January 31, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

In other words, you need to be to be drunk!

January 31, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

more you have the better she looks...

January 31, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

Uh-huh, nothing like a three martini break...

February 1, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Samantha

You are very rude ruffnutt seriously this poor girl is missing and all you can think about is "getting" with her????? Get over yourself you low life loser

January 31, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

not the girl...duh. nancy grace..

January 31, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

how the heck is a missing girl going to take me out to dinner and fix my camaro up?

now nancy grace we could afford to goto red lobster every night and have crab legs and drinks...

January 31, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  4. NuckinFuts

@Jessica: Lots of people like Jack&$$ too, but I'm not going to pay good money to watch someone staple their scrotum. Get a life. Nobody I know likes Nancy Grace. Maybe tabloid readers like yourself like to feel better about yourself by watching someone else's tragedy, but I really don't care what kind of commissary someone gets in jail while awaiting trial. The woman is a vampire.

January 31, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

yeah but have you ever watched her drunk and on weed? she is tolerable then..

i miss the stories about the tot-mom..

January 31, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  5. NuckinFuts

Ah ha! Ruffnutt knows what I'm talking about. Sorry she's a buzzkill for me. I'd rather enjoy a young lady's company or watch a movie with those kinds of party favors around.

January 31, 2011 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  6. RUFFNUTT

if i have a girl come over were not watching nancy...it going to be 'bloodsport' or if she wants a love story we can watch ' the fith element '

January 31, 2011 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Kathy Rothchilde

There r many topics Grace cud report on. She has chosen a worthy cause. Do not kill the messenger. Sherlock

February 1, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  8. NuckinFuts

@realistic: Bingo! It's all about Nancy Grace not the missing person. I'm willing to suspect Nancy is the kidnapper who then uses her show as a platform to show everyone how wonderful she is.
    @Ruffnutt: If I had a girl over we're not watching tv. That was my point.
    @Rothchilde: I'm sure many would if it were legal. Of course you'd need a wooden stake and some silver bullets.

February 1, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Kathryn Rothchilde

@NF. Could u b a little less cavalier if 1 of these girls/ women was ur sister, cousin, mother, best friend?

February 1, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |