Gotta Watch: Baby Darth unmasked; Beijing underground; robber says please
Volkswagen's new ad icon Max Page also stars in ABC's "The Young and the Restless"
February 7th, 2011

Gotta Watch: Baby Darth unmasked; Beijing underground; robber says please

The force of advertising be with you - The pint-sized Darth Vadar who appears in a Volkswagen commercial is now a big star after his Super Bowl debut. And just when you thought the little guy can't get any cuter, he takes his mask off and reveals he is overcoming a congenital heart condition. I think I just heard the country sigh a collective "Awwww."

China's 'Mouse Tribe' - Housing is being created in some strange places in China, where space is at an extreme premium. CNN's Eunice Yoon has a gripping tale of a family of five living in 100 square feet. They are part of group of more than a million people known as "The Mouse Tribe" who live below ground in Beijing's tunnels and cellars.

Mind your Ps and Qs in a stick-up - "Could you do me a favor?" A Washington man is caught on tape committing what is likely the most polite robbery you have ever seen. After getting the money at gunpoint, the man says thank you and offers to pay the store clerk back if he can ever earn enough money. The story may pull at your heartstrings a bit, but I'm not sure the judge will buy the "loan by force" defense.

Post by:
Filed under: China • Football • Gotta Watch • Pro football • Sports • TV • Uncategorized • Washington state
  1. jonathan

the force is with you young darth,, 🙂

February 7, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  2. skytag

I don't know, there's something just wrong about a kid who hasn't seen Star Wars playing Darth Vader. 😉

February 7, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  3. me

unfortunately that robber will not be able to provide at all for his family– he will end up in prison– very sad.....

February 7, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Thought police

Best ad of the night. As for the robber, a said day in his life. I guess it's a good thing a trigger happy attendant wasn't waiting with his shotgun or that dude might have just met God.
    Nice story behind the little boy. I hope he gets residuals.

February 7, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Janet Moore

My very favorite was the blip of the old Coca Cola song – don't remember which commercial

February 7, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jon

The spoofs are already rolling in LOL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWlCB8mVmWw

February 7, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  7. iShane

what a sad nation....commenting on commercials.......

HOOK.LINE.SINKER.

mooo

February 7, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Beverly - NYC

Tiny Darth Vader best commercial of the night, how cute is little Max Page. Runner up Enimem. The Doritos ad though gross actually made me laugh out loud. Does anyone else miss the Budweiser frogs those were great ads.

February 7, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. AverageAmerican

All the commercials sucked. I would expect Black Eyed Peas and Christina Aguilerra to be great, but they sucked too. Bad sound quality at SB and the commercials looked like they were written by high school kids who took a marketing classes. Why is a little kid dressed as a gay evil father who engages in gay evil "sword fighting" with his son cute? Tell me where the creative cuteness is? I'm puzzled.

February 7, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  10. AverageAmerican

Eminem is looking more like a rat/weasel hybrid everyday. "I wanna (r)a(p)e you mommy.. Squeek squeek.."

February 7, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Joe Shea

Great vkieo on the "Mouse Tribe," but where's the readable story?

February 7, 2011 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  12. raven

@ Greg , Hey thats a wonderful idea ! if you know thier email or whatever you should drop em a line . Id be happy to do the same and im sure a lotta other people would too. itd prolly make that boy and his family really happy. it was nice of you to suggest that. good call !

February 8, 2011 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  13. Glenn

wow! That's exactly what I thought the kid darth vader would look like!

February 8, 2011 at 4:26 am | Report abuse |