Protesters clash in Yemen's capital
February 14th, 2011

Protesters clash in Yemen's capital

Clashes broke out between pro- and anti-government protesters outside Sanaa University in Yemen's capital Monday morning.

About 200 anti-government protesters were rallying at the site, when about 300 counter-demonstrators carrying pictures of President Ali Abdullah Saleh confronted them.

The two sides threw rocks at each other, and later brandished daggers and
knives.  Some security forces at the scene tried to separate the two sides, while others stood on the sidelines.

Post by:
Filed under: World • Yemen
  1. rich

Where's the Yemenaid?

February 14, 2011 at 6:23 am | Report abuse |
  2. Justina

Get some freedom and civility, Yemen, but don't get moral corrosion like the West.

February 14, 2011 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
    • be happy

This has nothing to do with a devalued dollar or the price of food. Folks in Yemen just want to have some dignity and be able to provide security for their families.
      There is a very good chance people protesting would have spent time more wisely watching golf in Dubia.

February 14, 2011 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Justina

Be-happy, let me ask you. Anybody is fighting for freedom and fairness for women, children and minorities there? That's what every decent, educated man must fight for!

February 14, 2011 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
    • be happy

Had an english professor who always insisted it was womankind. She was missing the point.

February 14, 2011 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Cesar

You said it all,Justina. Thank you.

February 14, 2011 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
  3. Scottish Mama

Come on Yemen, join the crowd and make it a true uprising. Now or never.

February 14, 2011 at 6:53 am | Report abuse |
  4. raven

Does the author have the coolest last name or what ? Sounds like lyrics in Lady GaGa songs .

February 14, 2011 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  5. world peace

Two hundred people throwing rocks hardly qualifies as a protest. Everyone knows global warming is fake.

February 14, 2011 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  6. Cesar

...Oh my Jamjoom, my Jamjoom... Oh my Jamjoom, my Jamjoom....Yes raven, excellent point.

February 14, 2011 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
    • dont worry

DJs on 94.1 jjo said gaga is a man. Is this true?

February 14, 2011 at 7:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Cesar

Sorry folks,I didn't post the above. Some jerk's trying to make a fool out of me again.

February 14, 2011 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
  7. Cesar

I'm not a jerk. You're a jerk, professor of Roman Empire Studies at Yale University.

February 14, 2011 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Cesar

Thank you Phunnie boy,but I wish that you'd quit posting your jokes under my name.

February 14, 2011 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  8. Cesar

Sorry folks. I've been going through a hard time lately. I am getting help for my split personality, so please pardon me. Thank you.

February 14, 2011 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  9. personny

Israel is becoming a nation. http://nopolicestate.blogspot.com/2011/01/egypt_29.html

February 14, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  10. Cesar

Your welcome, professor.

February 14, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Cesar

Doctor- I have bad news and worse news. Patient- What's the bad news? Doctor-You're gonna die in 24 hours .Patient-What's the worse news?...Doctor-I've been trying to get hold of you since yesterday.

February 14, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  12. mohamad

Cesar will you pls stop posting stupid jokes instead tell us about how your grandma sukks diks

February 14, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cesar

Gee mohamad,you must be a fan of both Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann,judging by your choice of words. They must be glad after reading these posts here as it shows how much they extended their influence.

February 14, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  13. mohamad

Everybody wants to fukk your grandmother she has a big and wide kunt hole

February 14, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mohammad

My mother likes big long fat camel d*cks to suk on.

February 14, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Mohammad

I hate allah. I hate allah. I hate allah. I hate allah. I hate allah. I hate allah. I hate allah. I hate allah. I hate allah I hate allah. I hate allah. I hate allah. I hate allah. I hate allah. I hate allah. I hate allah. I hate allah. I hate allah. I hate allah. I hate allah. I hate allah

February 14, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |