Berlusconi to be tried on sex, abuse of power charges
Italy Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi denies the charges.
February 15th, 2011

Berlusconi to be tried on sex, abuse of power charges

Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi will be tried on charges of sex with an underage prostitute and abuse of power, an Italian judge ruled Tuesday.

The trial is due to begin April 6, Judge Cristina di Censo decided, her
office confirmed.

Three judges will preside over the criminal trial in Milan.

Prosecutors in Milan filed the request for trial last week.

Berlusconi denies the charges.

Post by:
Filed under: Italy • World
  1. Snoodle

If he is found guilty...maybe CNN could feature him to co-host a news show.

February 15, 2011 at 6:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Blaine

Ha ha ha ha!!! Yeah, I know!! Quest and Spitzer!!! CNN has really gone down the tubes.

February 15, 2011 at 6:28 am | Report abuse |
  2. citizen

This is Italy home of the mob and cathlic church. What else would you expect?

February 15, 2011 at 6:19 am | Report abuse |
    • goodguy

for someone who has probably never left your redneck neighborhood, you shouldnt be talking

February 15, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Brad

Justice will be served.

February 15, 2011 at 6:21 am | Report abuse |
  4. citizen

Does that spritzer guy still have a show on cnn. He seemed pretty chastened by events and was obviously sharp.

February 15, 2011 at 6:23 am | Report abuse |
  5. Cesar

Is he that bad?

February 15, 2011 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Cesar

Of course he is,Phunnie boy. Where on earth have you been???

February 15, 2011 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  6. U.s judas

always remember... He is a friend of the bush cheney trickle download club.. C.i.a. Luxury villas like in bahrain never lie. Our hero. Right jesus?

February 15, 2011 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  7. John

Like I said before,maybe the Pope needs to take over in Italy at least until the Berlusconi trial is over and probably thereafter judging by the mess created there by Berlusconi and his henchmen.

February 15, 2011 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Cesar

Quite a good idea,John. I think you have something there as these bourgeois "democracies" don't always work.

February 15, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  8. AmericanStandardToiletBowl

@Cesar: Read the communist manifesto much? Lol viva che! You're right Cuba is a shining beacon of what America should strive for. This country needs tweeking not a complete head to toe restructuring. If you want communism move to China or Cuba. I love how when people are told to go somewhere more fitting of their lifestyle they get upset and refuse to leave. Haha... Seriously though do they even have statuary ages for consent in Italy? I thought older euro men married younger girls all the time. ?..

February 15, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Goucho

If we Marxists leave the US, how will the US ever become communist? The point is not to leave, the point is to change the system here.

February 15, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Cesar

@AmericanStandardToiletBowl: Leave me alone. If I had something better to do than blog 24/7 then I'd be doing it. The only time I leave my computer is to cash my food stamps. Viva Marx!

February 15, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

I agree with you Phunnie boy,although you're not the true Cesar. Karl Marx did have many very good ideas in his day. If you saw the living conditions in Europe in his day,you'd know what I mean.

February 15, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Canopy

From reading these comments now I see why they're building computers that can answer Jeopardy questions

February 15, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  11. MarkyMarx

Any style of government has the ability to be misused. The Bolsheviks replaced one tyranny with another. Worker's rights is one thing, but murdering 60 million political opponents is not something we need here sorry. If you think so then maybe you need some form of counseling.

February 15, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |