Doctor: Grammy reporter suffered migraine, is 'back to normal'
February 17th, 2011

Doctor: Grammy reporter suffered migraine, is 'back to normal'

A migraine - not a stroke - caused a Los Angeles television reporter to mangle her words during a live post-Grammy Awards report on Sunday night, according to the UCLA doctors who examined her in the days after the incident.

KCBS reporter Serene Branson (pictured) suffered a migraine with aura - meaning neurological symptoms that in this case included language problems - causing her to speak gibberish during her report, according to Dr. Andrew Charles, migraine expert and UCLA professor of neurology.

"She’s completely back to normal," Charles said in a telephone interview Thursday, adding that he cleared Branson to return to all activities with no limitation.

Branson's report outside the Staples Center, widely viewed on YouTube early this week before the video was taken down, sparked concerns that she had suffered a stroke.

"A very, very heavy burtation tonight," she said before continuing with incomprehensible words.

Her station said paramedics examined her at the scene but she was not hospitalized, and a colleague gave her a ride home.

Branson was seen early in the week by the chief of neurosurgery at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Dr. Neil Martin, and then Thursday morning by Charles, UCLA spokesman Mark Wheeler said.

A scan ruled out a stroke, eventually leading Martin and Charles to diagnose a migraine, which can present symptoms similar to a stroke, Charles said.

Branson's migraine included a headache and three types of aura - the language troubles plus distorted vision and numbness, Charles said.

"It was quite remarkable that she was actually standing and doing the (report) that she was doing, given what she was experiencing at the time," Charles said. "She was aware of what was happening and was upset about it, but there was no time to back out of what she was doing."

Charles said about 20 to 30 percent of migraine patients experience some type of aura, and those who do most commonly experience visual aura – flashing, wavy lines, or blurry vision.

Such a migraine "can be triggered by different life events, like any migraine – changes in patterns of sleep or diet or exercise or caffeine," Charles said.

Charles stressed that anyone experiencing the symptoms that Branson did should get checked immediately. "The symptoms can be indistinguishable (from that of a stroke) initially, so it's important to emphasize the need to rule that out first," he said.

Branson is expected to address the incident in an interview on KCBS Thursday night.

Post by:
Filed under: California • Health • Migraines • TV
  1. Philip

So there's more to headaches than meets the eye. If I were a sufferer, I would brink more fresh water. Roughly 80% of US duffer from headaches, about the same percentage of US who walk walk around dehydrated all day long. Perhaps if we drank 10 billion more gallons of water intstead of taking 10 billion Tylenol(tm) each year, we might just maybe feel better and be less strokeworthy. Might as well give it a try. What? It's gonna get worse if we try? No, I don't think so...baby. he he...this is fun!

February 17, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • c

Philip you are spot on. I have had cluster migraines since I was 11. They have many triggers but dehydration is number one. I try to tell others to immediately drink a Gatorade and take a couple over the counter migraine meds. Sometimes that doesnt do it, then its just a waiting game. But water water water is the key

February 17, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ms.Wise

brink and duffer???? i think you are a sufferer too..... LOL

February 17, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • mike hunt

thats a pretty thought, but its useless. I drink water all day, drink no soda and very very little caffeen. I get a migraine at least once a week.

February 17, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brynfin

I'm just glad she is ok.

February 17, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • laura

For me migraines are not caused by dehydration. I will get a dull headache when dehydrated and it indeed is a common cause of "regular" headaches. But, migraines like what she suffered is something different. Its hard to explain how it feels to someone who has not experienced it. I've had the migraine with aurora and the first time it was very scary and I thought I was suffering a stroke.

February 17, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sitnalta

I used to have migraines where I would go completely blind and lose feeling on one side of my face. These episodes were almost random, occurring about once a month (and I'm a guy, so, that reason is out the door.) Absolutely nothing prevented them or made them better, I just had to tough it out for the 3 or so hours that they lasted. Then they just stopped altogether. Haven't had one for over 10 years.

February 17, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sitnalta

Oh, and my point was that water has nothing to do with these. They are NOT "headaches." For the same reason that a seizure isn't a muscle spasm. Migraines are complex neurological disorders.

February 17, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • RabiaDiluvio

Brinking water doesn't really help migraines.

February 17, 2011 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Imagine

It's not dehydration that causes real migraines. Drinking a Gatorade and having some OTC aspirin with caffeine in it isn't going to touch one. Migraines make you want to die, and sometimes during them, you think you are. Imagine an ice pick in your head and not being able to see except in some distorted way and you can maybe begin to understand them. I'm getting so sick of people calling their headaches migraines, especially when they're able to function through it. A bad headache isn't a migraine.

February 17, 2011 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • ModernEarthling

I used to get cluster and migraine headaches two to three times a month since I was 17 years old. They were god awful, almost death like. The only thing that would stop them once they started was a heavy depressant I would have on hand, then I'd have to lay down with a cold towel on my head and wait for the pill to take effect and I'd conk out for hours. I'd then wake up and feel exhausted and beat, but the head ache was gone. It was totally debilitating when it came on. I then gave up eating animals (became vegetarian) at 30 and the head aches never again came back. It's been almost 25 years and I'm glad they're gone. Horrible experience, like my head was going to explode, or I was being tortured.

February 18, 2011 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
    • ModernEarthling

@Imagine, I agree. A bad headache is NOT a migraine or a cluster headache. Believe me, if you get a real cluster or migraine you will NOT be able to function. You cannot do anything but writhe on the floor praying that it will stop. If you have a bad headache at work and can still work, you do not have a migraine. I got so fed up with people telling me, "There are extra strength pain relievers at the drug store, it's labeled, For Migraines." Yeah, right. I've had to pull over on the side of the road because I couldn't even drive, my right eye would water like a faucet and my head would throb and my hair felt like it was hot wired. It sounds funny as I explain it, but it ain't no picnic.

February 18, 2011 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Caressa

Phillip,

If you don't have migraines, then stop talking. I have the same migraines she does and they have nothing to do with dehydration. They have to do with hormones. They can be caused from a laundry list of things.

February 18, 2011 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

I've heard it said that many people who get migraines with the aura beforehand – such as I do – are more likely to suffer a stroke someday. I used to get them every few months – not on any schedule. I used to drink a lot of Coca-cola – about 4 cans per day – but I believe that I still suffered these headaches after I stopped drinking that... stuff... Now I drink mainly water – 2 or 3 bottles a day (2 cups per bottle)
      If you get these evil monster of a headache – imagine somebody constantly smashing you in the brain with a hammer – try to keep track of when you get the headaches and the events leading up to it. I didn't think it was very important to keep track, but now I wish I had.
      If I take Tylenol 3 when I first start seeing the aura – I never take any more than two – by the time the actual headache tries to start the Tylenol has usually kicked in, keeping the pain from getting too bad.
      People who don't get these headaches don't know how lucky they are.

February 18, 2011 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
    • dea2

there is a huge difference between the tension type headaches caused by dehydration and caffeine, and the migraines. The non-migraine headaches are painful yes, but are usually relieved by stretching, and OTC pain meds- taken with a lot of water. Migraines are made worse by movement, need serious meds and absolute dark and silence in order to get rid of them. If you have never suffered from one you have absolutely no idea what it's like. It's easy to sit back and say do this or do that, but until you have walked in my shoes, you have no right to tell me how to fix it.

February 18, 2011 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike

We learned in med school that if a woman suffers from migraines WITH auras, she should not be on oral contraceptive pills because they would increase the likelihood of an embolic event (i.e., blood clot causing all sorts of things). In a migraine WITHOUT auras OCPs are not a contraindication.

February 18, 2011 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
    • LEB

Some headaches are caused by dehydration, being overheated, being hungry and etc, but migraines are in a league of their own. Different people have different triggers, and sometimes they come on for no reason at all. It's not fun times.

February 18, 2011 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
    • ronjayaz

I'm very surprised that she didn't go directly to the hospital. It has all the symptoms of a mild stroke. How do I know? I've been bothered for years with aural migraine w/o pain. I had a stroke on Jan 16, went directly to the hospital and was diagnosed w/ carotid artery blockage. 5 days later I was successfully operated on with cleared carotid right artery. Not only was the stroke symptom removed by the operation but I've had excellent side results. Dr. Glen C Hunter was the miracle surgeon.

February 18, 2011 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Me

Agreed, ModernEarthling. I get real complicated migraines, like the one this reporter had, and they are completely debilitating. It annoys me when people call a plain old headache a "migraine," because it really degrades the seriousness of a true migraine. Thus, employers, etc... don't understand that those of us who truly do have migraines cannot work with one. If you just have a headache, it might be bad, but it is NOT a real migraine. You don't know migraine until you've gone temporarily blind with flashing lights in your eyes, lost all feeling in your face and arms, started slurring your speech, had a sudden drop in temperature and experienced intense nausea all at once!

And really, to the person who does NOT have migraines, you have no room to lecture sufferers about drinking water. Water is good, but dehydration is rarely a cause of migraines. Unless you actually know what you're talking about, it's probably best that you don't give ignorant advice.

February 18, 2011 at 5:27 am | Report abuse |
    • TJ

Uh Philip, there's more to migraine than dehydration or are you attempting to say that people who have suffered over the thousand or so years that this has been around have simply been too stupid to increase their water intake and not only that, neurologists haven't been smart enough to figure out what you have?

This isn't quite the same as a hangover. Sorry but there's no "quick fix" for migraines. Many of us already know to watch our diet and drink lots of water. We get them any way.

February 18, 2011 at 5:51 am | Report abuse |
  2. Philip

Brinks are on me. he he

February 17, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • c

Is your d broken, he he

February 17, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • alex

lmao – i love it!

February 17, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • EJ

What a bouche dag.

February 17, 2011 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

At least you got the words in more or less the right order, which is more than I can manage. You're right about dehydration. It won't cure every migraine every time for every person, but it is a good place to start.

February 18, 2011 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Mary

I meant to say that drinking water is a good place to start. Bad writing and I don't even have a migraine right now!

February 18, 2011 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  3. Redcarpet Downthere

So...she's not a real blonde... .?

February 17, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • jack

She sure sounds like a real blond.

February 17, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gillian

How old are both you and Jack – 5 years old each?

February 18, 2011 at 5:28 am | Report abuse |
  4. Larry

Saw her flub live... couldn't stop rewinding... but you could tell at the end that she was looking worried as she tried to segue with incomprehensible words.

February 17, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Alrighty Then...

So.... is it ok to laugh now?

February 17, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Gillian

yes if it's at yourself when you're looking at your ugly mug in the mirror

February 18, 2011 at 5:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Gillian

yes if it's when you're looking in the mirror

February 18, 2011 at 5:30 am | Report abuse |
  6. COlady

I have these types of headaches. First there's a vision disturbance (a bright, sparkling spot in my field of view), then one of my hands goes numb, working it's way up my arm to my face, then the aphasia kicks in and I can't string two words together. This lasts for about 15-30 minutes. Then the pain hits – so bad it can make me throw up – in one temple and behind my eye on the same side. I really feel for her. It's hell.

February 17, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • c

The first time this happened to me, I had had migraines for decades, literally, I was on the way to the airport with a van full of kids. I had a horrid migraine but all of a sudden I couldnt talk. I thought I was having stroke so I started singing Mary had a little lamb. I knew if I remember the words it wasnt a stroke. But it scared the tar out of me

February 17, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Randomquips

Same here. Always was the left side, arm to face. My pain used to last for hours, and the only relief I could get was when I would eventually throw up. Then my vision came back, pins and needles disappeared, and all that was left was a bad headache, and that I could deal with. All that stuff combined was pure hell.

February 17, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cheesekun

I have the same thing, the first time I was 10 years old, and in the mall... I went mostly blind and grabbed some random ladies hand thinking it was my mom... My hands went numb, then my face, then my speech was all jarbled, I thought I was dying... 20 years later I still get them. No medication has ever helped, its a curse for sure

February 17, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

I have ophthalmic migraines; it is the visual disturbance but not the vocal. I have pain, but not severe, thank goodness, and it all is over in 15 minutes or so. However, while it is occurring I have to pull over if I'm driving, fortunately it starts slowly. Every time it happens it's scary.

February 17, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

With my headaches I get the aura – a small "blind" spot in the middle of my field of vision that start to grow and change from a blind spot to an array of colours that scare the hell out of me whenever they show up (cause I know what's coming). The aura travels across my field of vision in the opposite direction to the side the headache starts.
      I usually feel nauseous and find that if I throw up the pain goes away faster.
      If I take Tylenol 3 when the aura starts then the T3s usually kick in in time for the headache – doesn't keep the pain away completely, but numbs it about 95%
      I only get them once in a while, I can't imagine how anybody could get by with these headaches constantly recurring. I'd probably have blown my brains out. Is it even possible to get used to that kind of pain?

February 18, 2011 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Fiona

FIn ally, a post that describes a true " complicated migraine.". I have the same symptoms you describe, and have had them for almost 40 years. For several years, I had an average of two migraines a week. The only medication that works (if you take it early enough) is sumatriptan. When I have a full-blown migraine, all I want is to die. Anyone who has the insensitivity to suggest that drinking more water is the easy fix...may you suffer a migraine soon, and often.

February 18, 2011 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
  7. Wendolyn

Migraines are not funny. People who have not had one will never understand the pain. Dilaudid is the only thing that helps my migraines and is a is a potent centrally-acting analgesic drug of the opioid class that I can only get at the ER. My last migraine cost me $1190.00 and was gone within 6 hours of the injection.

February 17, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • brando

Dillies are the bomb! Nothing like a nice big slam of dillie

February 17, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tim

My last migraine cost me over $6,500. The waiting room in the ER refused to turn down the blasting TV and as far as I could bury my fingers in my ears, it was like a shotgun. They took me back and didn't have a room, so I lay on a gurney in a busy ER hallway for 2 hours begging to just be knocked out, before they finally did. Three to four hours of suffering in the ER (2 in the waiting room, two in the hallway) and it cost me $6,500. They didn't run a scan or do a bloodtest, etc. and I had someone there telling them it was a migraine and I've had them before. Crazy. I never paid and canceled my insurance (since it was a $5K deductible). I did pay the doctor, but I refused to pay the hospital for the time they wasted not listening and the fact they could never explain or justify over $6,000 for laying on a freaking gurney for two hours while they stood around me talking and laughing loudly throughout that part of their workday.

February 17, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Randomquips

That, Tim, is exactly why I never went to the hospital. First time I had no idea what was going on (I was about 10 or 12) and thought I was just insanely sick. My mom told me it was probably migraines, and sure enough, when I researched I found out they were. Never got diagnosed, since nothing I tried helped, and with something that has no known cause or definite cure, it'll just cost you an insane amount of money to get told what you already know. I just had to wait them out, and hope they didn't last for more than a few hours.

February 17, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tracey

Yes, I always chuckle when someone writes on Facebook (or anywhere online) that they have a migraine. Uh, no, you don't. Because if you did, you sure as hell wouldn't be at the computer.

February 17, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • dea2

Tracey, there are different types of migraines, I have two types, one I can still use the computer during if I turn the screen way down and have no other lights or noise in the room. The other I have to wrap my head in a towel, use earplugs, and shut out the world for days at a time.

February 18, 2011 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
    • L

I've only had one migraine, and it scared the crap out of me. Came on at 3am and woke me up. I ended up going to the ER. Didn't know what was happening. I think it was triggered by caffeine – so it's back to decaf for this girl.

February 18, 2011 at 2:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Mary

Chuckle on, Tracey, but many people go to work every day with migraines. I'm one of them. I'm fortunate that the head pain is fairly mild. I become dysfunctional if I become nauseated and faint, but that part of it (in my case) is easily treated with over-the-counter meds. Migraines are horrible when they are very severe, as related in many comments on this site, but if they are not very severe they can be lived with.

February 18, 2011 at 5:30 am | Report abuse |
    • TJ

I won't even go to the ER any more. My neurologist has me go to his office for DHE when needed. Our ER here tends to label migraine patients as drug addicts when you show up and they don't want to give you anything that's an opiate. In addition, they'll let you sit in the waiting room for hours and hours before they'll treat you so what's the point? By the time they finally get you back there, you're in so much pain, it takes a phenomenal amount of pain killers to break the migraine, so yeah, I guess you do look like an addict. There fault really. Had they taken you within an hour of when you arrived, you wouldn't have required such a high dosage... anyway...

Unless it's the middle of the night, I go the clinic that's part of my neurologist's practice where the orders are on file.

Still, DHE even with the charge of the ER visit is very expensive. Then again, almost all migraine medications are ridiculous.

February 18, 2011 at 6:14 am | Report abuse |
  8. Caroline

I get the same type of migraines and they are horrible and scary! The ER thought I was on drugs because of my speech lol... Hope she is feeling better.

February 17, 2011 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • TJ

Most ER triage nurses and docs are jerks when it comes to dealing with and treating migraine patients. We're usually either drug seeking or drug addicts. Even AFTER they run drug tests and determine we have no opiates or barbiturates in our system.

It's charming.

February 18, 2011 at 6:16 am | Report abuse |
  9. Mikey B

I have my grains every morning with milk and a banana.

February 17, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Fullbag

Well played!

February 17, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason in Oregon

Well played indeed Mikey B! Props!

February 17, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  10. mikey

BS. Migraine sufferers know when they have a migraine. It doesn't take a week to realize it.

February 17, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tim

If she never had one before, you'd not know until you had an MRI. That's the only way to tell is damage was done or signs of a stroke. They could have found this out in a matter of hours, of course, but she went home. Not sure what the BS part is about, other than the time it took the media to release the info about it?

February 17, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • LEB

It does if you've never really experienced one before, or not had one strong enough to differentiate it from a regular headache. I get headaches from a lot of things, but a migraine is a whole different beast.

February 18, 2011 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Fiona

I have had migraines that made my arm numb and made half my face droop. I feared I was having a stroke, even though I knew what migraines were. And I did have a brain bleed at some time, which showed up on a later MRI. not "bs".

February 18, 2011 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Doug

No, not always. Migraines aren't only about pain. During the predrome and aural phase, you can be unaware of it.

I sometimes experience the visual component with my migraines. During one of these attacks it took me about half an hour to realize what was going on. I was reading something, but couldn't see the middle of the words that my eyes were focussing on. I could see the beginning and end, but not the middle. It took a little while for me to figure out that this was going on, and the migraine fully developed later. But initially, I didn't know what was going on.

February 18, 2011 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Mary

It took me a long time to know I had migraines. Some of the symptoms are similar to the symptoms of other conditions. Nausea, for example.

February 18, 2011 at 4:56 am | Report abuse |
    • TJ

Not really. I didn't know until I went to a neurologist in my twenties and was diagnosed. I'd been having them since I was six years old. I thought they were just really bad headaches. We even had a family history but no one in my family had sought treatment.

So no, people don't know.

February 18, 2011 at 6:19 am | Report abuse |
  11. doctor dooooooooooolittle

no way that was a migraine. never in a million years. clearly a stroke. they're hiding it for some reason.

February 17, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tim

These migraines are not so rare and myself and others commenting here have experienced the same thing, and they were definitely migraines.

February 17, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lynn

This truly can happen! I have experienced it with a migraine and it is terrifying. Unless you have personally experienced it (and yes, you do think you are having a stroke...) you should not make light of the situation.

February 17, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tracey

Where'd you get your medical license from?

February 17, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cheesekun

Many people get the same symptoms. That is a REAL migraine, a migraine is not a heacache, its classified as a seizure. The moment I saw her I knew it was a migraine, as did anyone else who has had them.

February 17, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Doug Kennedy

Either you are a physician who treated her, in which case you are violating the HIPPA laws. Or you are have no idea what you are talking about.

Either way, please shut up.

February 17, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • RabiaDiluvio

I have had similar migraines. When it happens I go from talking normally to suddenly using the improper words in improper places and sequencing actions improperly. I could want to say "pass the napkins" and it comes out "arch the door please." it is weird and scary. You can hear things are wrong and try to correct them to no avail. It is like watching your own train wreck, powerless to stop it. I spent a week in the hospital with hemiplegic migraine once too. Fortunately I have been able to control these with magnesium and vitamin D supplementation.

February 17, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • altodiva

No... I had one (only once, thank goodness) where the right side of my face went numb, I had slightly slurred speech and mild balance problems. I went to the ER at the hospital where I work and had a CT scan and an MRI, both of which were negative for stroke. Diagnosis: complex migraine. This CAN and DOES imitate stroke symptoms. As a precaution, if one does have symptoms like this, call 9-1-1, as it could indeed be a stroke, and the sooner one gets to the ER, the better the chances of minimizing damage to the brain.

February 17, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

What a completely ignorant comment. Yes a migraine can cause these stroke like symptoms–I've had them many, many times and have never had a stroke. When I was 12 years old, I went to the hospital for an especially bad migraine and couldn't even tell the nurse my name. Why would anyone need to make up a lie about a stroke to cover it up anyway?

Silly posts like the above are the reason that those of us with complicated migraines have trouble getting people to understand just how debilitating they can be!

February 18, 2011 at 5:35 am | Report abuse |
    • TJ

Uh huh. Ever seen someone suffer from a migraine with aura? When my migraines are bad enough, my speech and vision are affected. Some people are unable to talk or drive their migraines are so bad. This certainly could have been a migraine.

Your comment is ignorant beyond belief.

February 18, 2011 at 5:58 am | Report abuse |
  12. Dave

Oh, I thougt it was because she was blonde... mybad.

February 17, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Gillian

Enough with the blonde jokes – those went out a decade ago. Guess your little brain cell hasn't caught up.

February 18, 2011 at 5:32 am | Report abuse |
  13. Merle

If you've never had a migraine you can't relate. I had migraines for years until I finally went to a specialist at UAB in Birmingham. I'm surprised that this poor woman was even able to stand up.

February 17, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tim

What did this specialist find, did they solve the problem for you? I'd be very interested in anything that could prevent or help with these migraines.

February 17, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  14. munkittrick

I it just me or does this lady sounds EXACTLY like Ann Coulter when she speaks? You know, like Charlie Brown's teacher...

February 17, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Carrie

Yep, been there done that, but not on live TV! Thankfully, my migraines are way few and far between now, but the sparkly aura, partial loss of vision, numbness in hands, and inability to talk coherently are what I experience too. After all that, the headache doesn't amount to much....I don't take anything with caffeine, it can cause bounce back headaches, just a couple ibuprofen if I have any indication I might be getting one, to try and prevent them.

February 17, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply