Doctor: Grammy reporter suffered migraine, is 'back to normal'
February 17th, 2011

Doctor: Grammy reporter suffered migraine, is 'back to normal'

A migraine - not a stroke - caused a Los Angeles television reporter to mangle her words during a live post-Grammy Awards report on Sunday night, according to the UCLA doctors who examined her in the days after the incident.

KCBS reporter Serene Branson (pictured) suffered a migraine with aura - meaning neurological symptoms that in this case included language problems - causing her to speak gibberish during her report, according to Dr. Andrew Charles, migraine expert and UCLA professor of neurology.

"She’s completely back to normal," Charles said in a telephone interview Thursday, adding that he cleared Branson to return to all activities with no limitation.

Branson's report outside the Staples Center, widely viewed on YouTube early this week before the video was taken down, sparked concerns that she had suffered a stroke.

"A very, very heavy burtation tonight," she said before continuing with incomprehensible words.

Her station said paramedics examined her at the scene but she was not hospitalized, and a colleague gave her a ride home.

Branson was seen early in the week by the chief of neurosurgery at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Dr. Neil Martin, and then Thursday morning by Charles, UCLA spokesman Mark Wheeler said.

A scan ruled out a stroke, eventually leading Martin and Charles to diagnose a migraine, which can present symptoms similar to a stroke, Charles said.

Branson's migraine included a headache and three types of aura - the language troubles plus distorted vision and numbness, Charles said.

"It was quite remarkable that she was actually standing and doing the (report) that she was doing, given what she was experiencing at the time," Charles said. "She was aware of what was happening and was upset about it, but there was no time to back out of what she was doing."

Charles said about 20 to 30 percent of migraine patients experience some type of aura, and those who do most commonly experience visual aura – flashing, wavy lines, or blurry vision.

Such a migraine "can be triggered by different life events, like any migraine – changes in patterns of sleep or diet or exercise or caffeine," Charles said.

Charles stressed that anyone experiencing the symptoms that Branson did should get checked immediately. "The symptoms can be indistinguishable (from that of a stroke) initially, so it's important to emphasize the need to rule that out first," he said.

Branson is expected to address the incident in an interview on KCBS Thursday night.

Post by:
Filed under: California • Health • Migraines • TV
  1. Liz

Excedrin Migraine, that's what it is.

February 18, 2011 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
    • kels~

most neurologists will tell you that stuff is no good, as then you start getting withdrawal migraines when you don't take it after having used it frequently. i've had this happen.

February 18, 2011 at 3:09 am | Report abuse |
  2. agavemike

Auras usually indicate some sort of epileptic activity don't they?

February 18, 2011 at 3:12 am | Report abuse |
  3. Steve

Uhm, I hope this isn't a once and off the cuff diagnosis. I'd do a Cat Scan, with contrast, an MRA (not I), and probably and encephalographic arteriogram before I ruiled out a cerebral bleed. This had all the earmarks of a TIA. There are numerous other potential causes, but I'd have to be absolutely certain that the worst case scenario was not reality before i went down the chain to other causes.

February 18, 2011 at 3:20 am | Report abuse |
  4. Liz

kels~ yeah I've wondered if it's safe even for people w/o migraines...I don't really know how it's supposed to work to get rid of the pain

It's tempting to use for less severe types of pain though, I've rarely seen anything OTC work that fast.

February 18, 2011 at 3:23 am | Report abuse |
  5. Mmmmm

Hmm, she had a complex migraine. There are different types and not all have an aura. The difference is her headaches triggers physical symptoms. Very expensive workup for physically you present to ER like a stroke or mental case except every tests comes back normal and mental status returns. The best treatment is to avoid getting them rather than aborting them. Plenty of rest 8 hrs and
    removing the stress.

February 18, 2011 at 3:35 am | Report abuse |
  6. Mike R

The only migraines (luckily just 2) that I have experienced were of this type. Scary, yes, but after tests ruled out brain problems, it actually ended up being less problematic than the migraines I hear chronic sufferers complain about. Glad she's okay.

February 18, 2011 at 3:42 am | Report abuse |
  7. Bigdaddy

Reading all this is giving me a Migraine. I need a dink of water!! lol

February 18, 2011 at 4:17 am | Report abuse |
  8. Lean6

And here I was thinking it was a Bruce Almighty situation with her arch rival somewhere off-camera calling the action.

February 18, 2011 at 4:34 am | Report abuse |
  9. raven

I know it sounds crazy but I watched a show a couple months ago and researchers at Harvard were doing a study and Acid ( LSD ) was shown to alleviate if not eradicate the symptoms of Migraines. No joke. I think it was on Nat Geo, check it out .

February 18, 2011 at 4:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Gillian

It's really interesting that you mention that, I had heard about LSD alleviating migraines with great effectiveness, but a reluctance to prescribe it because of the stigma of LSD. Sounded like the same scenario as prescribing medical marijuana for pain etc, except with a more severe stigma. It's really sad that doctors are afraid to prescribe what sounds like a really promising migraine treatment.

This reminds me of how my neurologist wants me to begin a trail of Botox for my severe migraines, and I'm eager to try it if I can get the costs covered. The part about this that makes me mad is that everyone says "oh you're only using that as an excuse to use Botox like celebrities". I don't even dignify them with a response.

Here's one of the articles on Botox as a remedy for some for those who are interested:

I have an average of about 20 or more migraine days per month. One thing I don't think this article and lots of others mention is that Botox only works on imploding migraines (versus exploding migraines and others). I didn't even know there were all different kinds of migraines until the subject of Botox treatment was raised.

February 18, 2011 at 6:00 am | Report abuse |
  10. kite005

Percy Harvin goes through the same things, kind of. I'm glad I don't have that issue. Serene you're pretty and probably good at what you do. Keep doing it and I for one hope the best for you.

February 18, 2011 at 6:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Mikey B

Huh?

February 18, 2011 at 6:28 am | Report abuse |
  11. JOHN

I've never seen someone with a migraine do what she did, I'm think I'd want a second opinion.

February 18, 2011 at 6:11 am | Report abuse |
    • mnmom

Check out complex migraines on the net. I was diagnosed by the Chief neurologist at the local university hospital. Thought is was a stroke, but found out through CT and CAT scans the cause.

February 18, 2011 at 6:47 am | Report abuse |
    • John

I've seen worse. When my wife was in her late 20s, she got such migranes that she would stop breathing – kind of a migrate + panic attack. Really bad situation. Someone with bad health = a rough life.

February 18, 2011 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
    • MedicalStudent

thanks for your expert medical opinion....

this is a common symptom of complex migraines....

February 18, 2011 at 7:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Diana

...that's funny, the same thing happened to me after several headaches and I was diagnosed with having a TIA not a stroke. The CAT scan and all the tests came back normal. I had slurred speech.... I knew what I wanted to say, but could not say it. Very interesting.

February 18, 2011 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
    • June

I get migraines and this happens to me everytime. Fortunately for me I get to just sit at my desk and wait til it goes away (usually within an hour). This poor girl had to speak off the top of her head...not an easy thing to do.

February 18, 2011 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
    • amy

It happened to me. I have a history of migraines with aura, but was in shock when I could not speak anything but gibberish. Had multiple tests to rule out stroke... sure enough, the diagnosis was migraine

February 18, 2011 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
    • mike

That sucks bad. Similar used to happen to me when I was younger. Was very frusterating, especially when you can't understand why you just can't express yourself as you want. For me, happened right after the aura / half blindness, then the can't speak for crap, then that passed within about an hour, then intense headaches followed. Like take the rest of the day off and sleep. Thankfully hasn't happened in over 10 years..

February 18, 2011 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Ann

Migraines can absolutely do that, however I do not agree with the part of the article that states "It was quite remarkable that she was actually standing and doing the (report) that she was doing, given what she was experiencing at the time,"... it's both my experience and understanding that the aphasia comes AFTER the migraine has subsided.
      But I can also tell you from personal experience that it scares the living @#$% out of you.

February 18, 2011 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Wawawhat

I agree with getting a second opinion, although we haven't heard a word from her about her experience. I can speak from family experience that what she appeared to have was more like a complex partial seizure, likely initiated from the bright camera light in her face. Like complex migraines, you can "come out of it" within a minute or so but while you are "in the event", your speech and some of your actions are not in sync. And I'll bet she slept like a rock for several hours afterwards.

Epilepsy is not a stigma, and calling it a complex migraine is not necessarily the better of the two as both can cause serious neurological damage over time. If I were her, I'd be going in for a light test, EEG and a complete MRI sooner than later. And I'll bet anyone $100 she has had these many times before, with and without headaches.

February 18, 2011 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
    • KateB

I've had complex migraine with aura for about 22 years – the reporters symptoms are very similar to the ones I get. I see colored "snow" all across my vision, sometimes a giant floating, neon green-grey letter C right before the headache. Sometimes I get numbness on one side of my face, and a few days before the headache I'll be hot/cold, either lethargic or revved up. It's a very complicated disorder. Sometimes I won't get a headache at all, just barf everywhere and then feel very tired for 2-3 days after.

February 18, 2011 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
    • getslotsofmigranes

You have obviously never had a severe migrane to make such a comment. I have been suffering from them for years and in about 85% of the instances the exact same thing happens to me....except I will fall to the floor from the pain. Don't jump to conclusions if you have no experience with what you are commeting on.

February 18, 2011 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
    • CK

I have these on occasion, usually caused by stress, low blood sugar, exhaustion. I lose the ability to see in one eye, wavy line flash across my vision, I can't remember things like my address, phone #, people's names, I can't think of how to tell someone what is going on. It's like a brain seizure. It lasts about 10 minutes, then the aura part subsides and the massive headache begins and lasts about a day. There is medication I can take to help alleviate the symptoms and shorten the length of the headache, but I have to take it right as I can feel it starting when the flashes of light start. Sounds ridiculous and it is, it's horrible. Thankfully, it has only happened once when I was driving. I definitely would have postponed the report if I were that reporter if I knew I was about to have a migraine and she was aware of it, hard not to be.

February 18, 2011 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Organically

I have this condition. When it it occurs in me all I can say numbers. It was very scary the first time it happened, and thankfully it does not happen very often and is not serious. It is a very wierd feeling when the mind wants to say something but my lips recite "9,8,7,6,..."

February 18, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Patrick Lewis

Thanks for your opinion, John, but as soon as I heard about this I thought, hey, this woman had my type of migraine at the worst possible time. I've been looked at by the neurologists at George Washington Hospital and Georgetown Hospital (Lucky to live in DC) and they've both confirmed this article – no stroke. It's bad enough that over the last twenty years I've told my supervisors that if I come into their office talking like an alien, I'm fine but have to go home. They have said that standard migraine medicines are unreliable but that if I take 1000MG of ibuprofen when I feel symptoms coming on it can knock out the inflammation cascade that makes the headache progress. Seems to be working. So these things are real.

February 18, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
    • SMC

the lady who sits next to me at work suffers "complex" migraines and she suffers the same symptom – loss of vocabulary. As soon as she saw this news item, she told me that it was a complex migraine. However, this is different from the Boston Legal "word salad". All the best to Serene.

February 18, 2011 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Wawawhat

Take it easy on JOHN, what he posted is his experience and not completely inaccurate. Again, I would be getting a second opinion as many neurological doctors are much like auto mechanics when trying to find out why your car engine is not firing properly, often times they will stop with the first fix that "seems to resolve the issue", yet it reoccurs later. My wife and son experience the same things (auras, audible warnings, even smells) however, one has been diagnosed with migraines and the other with epilepsy. A complete 3D MRI is going to be the only way to catch things like migrational abnormalities (an issue since birth) or other possible brain defects. CATs are no where near as thorough.

Again, many folks out here are jumping on the migraine bandwagon and it could be more than that. Epileptic seizures are not always falling to the ground convulsing and flailing. Many are the exact same experiences you are describing and are better treated with other medications, as opposed to those that just make your headache go away. I've been watching this happen within my family for 20+ years. Oh and guess what folks, both conditions are hereditary, so check your family history. I assure you there will be some.

February 18, 2011 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Ralph

Just because YOU have never SEEN it does not mean it does not exist. I am sure she got several opinions.

February 18, 2011 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
    • JC

I'm a migraineur and I've done something very similiar to this, so yes this is totally possible

February 18, 2011 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
    • dbarak

"I'm think I'd want a second opinion."

They say gibberish is one warning sign of a stroke or a migraine headache. You may want to get checked out.

(In other news, the reporter got multiple medical opinions, all essentially pointing to the same thing. It's in the story.)

February 18, 2011 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
    • SpiderMan

lol....here's your second opinion...

listen to all the medical professionals and testing results that have been done and don't try to play "i think i know what a doctor knows so i doubt their diagnosis."

i'm betting you just had a major migraine and similar heavy symptoms before you posted.

February 18, 2011 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Wawawhat

No dbarak, she got one opinion from two doctors working with each other at the same facility. Again from my experience, specifically with neurological disorders, they all agree with each other when standing together, like armchair quarterbacks. If one is suffering from anything like this for extended periods of time and you have been seeing the same neurologist for more than 5 years, SWITCH! It is always better to get a second opinion when it comes to your brain. Recommending that someone not do that shows one's ignorance. Personally I am not diagnosing her either way, just giving on opinion based on real experience and the suggestion, like JOHN, to get a second opinion. You're a fool to accept the first diagnoses given to you.

February 18, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Scoobee75

I have... happens to me a lot and it's scary!

February 18, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Andrew Ogilvie

I have migraines. This has happened to me before so I can relate.

Not pretty and is extremely painful.

I also get a small aura before a migraine. That is when I take my medicine.

It is important to note though that I get migraines about 4 to 5 times a year. That's on a bad year too.

February 18, 2011 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
    • friedpasta

I have complex migraines with aura, usually visual aura but sometimes other things, but my neurologist/headache specialist at a world-renowned clinic also told me that they can't usually rule out a TIA. There is generally no evidence on any kind of scan of a TIA (there can be, but typically isn't). If she was having the typical visual auras, they can generally assume it was a migraine, but I hope this doesn't mislead people into just assuming if it happens to them that it's "just a migraine". It could also be a TIA (my mom has TIAs and the garbled speech is always a sign with her), and that cannot be ignored or dismissed. Don't read this ad then just jump into the migraine assumption.

February 18, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike

You don't know enough people. It's more common in women, but I have migraine with aura, and it's a mind altering experience.

February 18, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
    • migrainsufferer

I've been a migraine sufferer for years. One time I also experienced the language diffuculty. I knew the words I wanted to say, but they wouldn't come out of my mouth. Glad she'll be okay.

February 18, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Mikel

And this folks is why you should get medical advice from a Doctor and not the internet. Comments like John's just go to show that the internet is full of armchair experts who know nothing.

February 18, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
    • John B.

She should still get an MRI. A CAT scan isn't as thorough a scan. MRI results yield a higher percentage of results when it comes to diagnosing stroke, MS, tumors, etc. Also she should get an EEG to rule out epilepsy.

February 18, 2011 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
    • S Snider

I have done that during the aura stage of a migraine. I do not believe it is uncommon.

February 18, 2011 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Jefe

John, I think the same thing every time I hear about someone dying of a heart attack. I've seen people have heart attacks before, but never have I seen someone actually *die* from one. I mean, some of the top doctors in the nation will tell you it happens, but what do they know?

February 18, 2011 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Smurfeater

So? Anyone who gets real migraines recognized her symptoms immediately. Just because you're ignorant doesn't mean the professionals are wrong...

February 18, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
    • simon

I have seen some videos on UCLAs site. http://ucla.edu

February 18, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
    • DAP

I've been getting migraines my entire life and have had similar things happen, just not publicly. I cut out the caffeine, get good sleep mostly, and eat pretty well but still get migraines. Until you've hungout with your neurologist for a while or have studied this type of thing, I think you really can't make a valid opinion. I'm no expert but as far as I know I haven't had a stroke..

February 18, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Debbie

it's much more common than you think, even temporary blindness can occur. Many doctors use to blow off migraine sufferers, none worth their salt do anymore. Migraines like she had also put you at higher risk for stroke

February 18, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Megan

The exact same thing happened to me last year. Right side of my body was numb, then I started speaking gibberish. Thought I was having a stroke, but I was only 24! My neurologist said that these symptoms were auras that precede a complex migraine (brain scan also ruled out a stroke). Had a severe migraine for 2 days, but after that I was fine. Never had a migraine before that or since that.

February 18, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
    • adam

John-how does it feel to post some about which you obviously know nothing, and be made to look foolish in front of many people?

February 18, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
    • I've had Migranes

During the stages of huge hormone fluxes, i.e. early pregnancy and right after birth, I have suffered from Migraines. All but 2 were headaches but the biggest symptoms [which sent me to the ER] were speaking gibberish, loss of sight, loss of feeling in my hands and loss of the sense of smell.

The last 2 migraines I had included the regular symptoms [regular for me] but about an hour or two later I was blessed with the vomit inducing headache.

Not all migraines are the same. You need to take them seriously and seek a Drs clean bill of health – just in case.

Thank goodness I have not had once since just after the birth of my last child.

February 18, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Joel

Well gosh, if you haven't seen it, then it can't possibly be true can it?

February 18, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Debbie

to the person who posted "I've never actually seen anyone die of a heart attack" wow, get out much? 30% of all those who suffer massive heart attacks will never make it to the hospital. Any doctor who would tell you otherwise, must have went to med school with Rand Paul, (he thinks HIV doesn't cause AIDS.)

February 18, 2011 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Jan

This exact thing has happened to me, although not in front of TV cameras. I have aural migraines (visual disturbances, occasionally they render my speech gibberish for 10-20 minutes or so) and suspected that the reporter might have suffered one after I viewed the tape. They are very frightening precisely because their symptoms can mimic the symptoms of a stroke.

February 18, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
    • DH

I used to get these 2-3 times a month. It would start out with me not being able to read words more than 2-3 leters at a time. Then I would have to put the lettrs together and attempt to make sense of what I was seeing. This would then be followed by numbess in my fingers, usually on the left side. The numbness would spread to my tounge and cheek of the same side of the body. The next symptom got me accused of being on drugs at one point. During the previous 2 symptoms, my speach would start to get distorted, I could not think of words, or how to express them. When I would try to speak, words would come out as giberish. The symptoms usually never lasted longer than 15-20 minutes, but once they went away, the worst headahe that you can ever imagine would set in. I would spend the rest of the day throwing up and trying to hide from light and sound. This became very frustrating, knowing when these were going to happen, trying to explain to people what is happening to you, and dealing with the paing. I am 28 now. I got my first one when I was 13 or 14. I had my last one when I was about 23. My teenage years were he worst and very freaquent. I also suffered from normal migranes from the time I was 6 years old. Usually about 3-4 times a week. These regressed as got older. Now I will get one every month or two.

February 18, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Travis

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

February 18, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Juanita

That is very definitly a migraine issue. had it happen to me too many times and I knew what it was right away when i saw the clip on her.

February 18, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

I've been diagnosed as having migraine with aura; I thought initially I was having a stroke, so I went to the ER. My family and I thought the neurologist was crazy when she told me that the numbness, difficulty speaking and rainbow vision I had were symptoms of a complicated migraine. However, it's true! It's good that this reporter got all the tests to check for blood clots and tissue damage associated with a stroke, but these nutty migraine things do happen.

February 18, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Not All Docs Play Golf

And you went to medical school where, John? Dr. Nancy Snyderman also over-reacted to this on her program, saying she needed multiple CT scans and MRI's (yes, she used the plural in her report) and yada, yada, yada. She didn't even entertain the possibility of anything less than catastrophic, and didn't know the patient's migraine history before spouting off.

February 18, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Carol Senal

I would like a second opinion too. I would go to Arizona (close to LA) to the Barrows Neurological Center. They are some of the best in the country.

February 18, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Jim

I have had similar Migranes since I was 13 (i'm 45 now) they are much like a TIA stroke and people who have this type of migranes or TIA are high risk for Stroke and other brain hemorage issues. it is scarry everytime and usually brought on by things like Stress, dehydration, lack of sleep, MSG... etc.

February 18, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • mike

Migraines can do all sorts of random things. They are horrible. And supposedly, they can on occasion approach childbirth on the pain scale.

I get migraines VERY occasionally. But mine are insanely painful, and the slightest amount of light, or sound, or even temperature discrepancy can cause nausea like nothing I've ever felt, along with other sensations that I don't even know how to describe. When I know a migraine is coming on (usually 30-45 minutes before it really hits me), I head home *immediately*.

February 18, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Laurie

I've been getting migraines for about 10 years now, and the first thing I thought of when I saw her clip online was migraine. My migraines almost always start with stumbling/imbalance and slurred speech, with some words coming out as gibberish, even before the actual headache starts. My teenagers will hear me (they say it sounds like I'm drunk) and tell me "Mom-go sit down and take your medicine-you're not making any sense". At least for my migraines, her symptoms were very similar to my experiences.

February 18, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  12. john lewis

I have great hope the Doctor's Find a cure for Migraine's. I can understand Serene Branson having a problem having been around people all my life that had Terrible Migraine's. if anyone ever get's a real Migraine they will understand!!

February 18, 2011 at 6:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Hopefull

I had the same thing. Words would come out and I knew they were messed up but could not get them out. Went to DOC had scan (nothing) Went to Nuro and they did MRI and found spots on brain not leasions. After that they told me I had MS. Did not make sense. I had second opinion and they told me to go to Mayo and they did more scans and test and found that I had cadisil.

February 18, 2011 at 7:53 am | Report abuse |
  13. Jane

I'm so glad she's okay. A friend's teenage daughter had the same thing happen to her and it was, in fact, a migraine. Very scary but thankfully not life threatening.

February 18, 2011 at 6:25 am | Report abuse |
  14. Frank from Deeeetroit

The babble out of her mouth is like that out of the rest of the bobble-head reporters. Remember Dan Rather and his "Kenneth, what is the frequency?"

Don Henley goT it right when he sang "Bubble-headed bleach blond, comes on at 5
    She can tell you about the plane crash with a gleam in her eye."

February 18, 2011 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |
    • ADP

If you're going to criticize, do your homework! Dan Rather reported that two men assaulted him, and one or both of them repeated the phrase "Kenneth, what's the frequency" while they were attacking him. Not only are you quoting an incorrect version of the phrase based on a pop song, but you have misidentified Rather as the person who made the comment. Your lack of research nullifies your entire argument. Might YOU be the babbler?

February 18, 2011 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Reader

Frank: clearly your problems are not medical: can't spell and ignorant....you just can't fix stupid ! and go ahead and slam me...don't care.....what would you say if she was brunette or a man? Hmmm......can't think that far can you.....or can you read this at all due to your obvious ignorance???? and the same to you JF Wilder......you and Frank should hook up !

February 18, 2011 at 7:08 am | Report abuse |
    • xnysmokie

I agree with the others.. check out your facts man... and if you have never had a migraine, I hope you do only so you can see how people suffer with this problem for years and years... its not funny its scary painful and a lot of people lose hope. I do pray that a cure is found soon. some medication can help but nothing cures this. Frank "walk a mile in my shoes" before you find fault with someone with an illness or handicap

February 18, 2011 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Steve

Frank, you are an IDIOT. Sad people like you walk around amongst us.

February 18, 2011 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
    • DAP

You are a genius, and apparently a brain surgeon also..

February 18, 2011 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
    • adam

Rather didn't say "What's the frequency, Kenneth" the psychotic man who attacked him did, you idiot.

February 18, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Jo

Lol. Could you be a bigger A$$? Go away little man. Cartoons & Music reviews are on another page.

February 18, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  15. qwerty allstar

i dunno man, im just not buying this.

February 18, 2011 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Jacko

Saw the video...I agree...I think this is a case of CYA...somebody quickly looked up what they could use as an excuse to cover her screwing up or her "something else"...I mean, there is a lot of partying going on at the grammys, right?

February 18, 2011 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
    • d'ntsffrfools

Not for you to 'buy' genius. Nobody cares what you're selling either.

February 18, 2011 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Patrick Lewis

You'd buy it if you had these migraines. This is a classic example of a complex migraine. I bet she had a big floating blob in her vision at the time as well. I get them. My sister got them. They are not all that uncommon.

February 18, 2011 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Crys

Then you are simply uninformed about different types of migraines. My father suffered with migraines for most of his life, and they ended up so bad that he had to go on disability. Complex migraines, Cluster migraines, and migraines that affect the basilar artery (known as BAM) can cause slurred or incoherant speech, falling, loss of motor abilities, numbness, loss of memory, vomiting, loss of bowel/bladder control, severe pain, changes in vision/hearing and even seizures/pesudo-seizures. A severe BAM can very closely mimic the symtoms of a TIA. I really think some people ought to do a little research before they automatically assume a reporter is stupid, drunk, or an addict.

February 18, 2011 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Wzrd1

We're *REALLY* thrilled that you "are not buying this".
      We're ecstatic that your opinion doesn't count on any part of this planet.
      Because, honestly, NOBODY cares about the opinion of an idiot.

February 18, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Dan

Yeah, it looked like an impromptu interview for Foxnews. (Cute blonde – check, talks incoherently – check, ok, you're hired!)

February 18, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Jo

Damn, she was found out! You and your buddy below cracked the case! She had just came of a 48 hour bender with 3 Grammy winners smoking crack!! You're both geniuses. now why aren't YOU two doing the interviews?

February 18, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |