February 18th, 2011

Woman on hunger strike for royal wedding invite

A 19-year-old Mexican woman is on a hunger strike in front of the British Embassy in Mexico City in hopes of getting an invitation to the upcoming royal wedding.

Estibalis Chavez says she's only consumed water for nine days, according to news reports. She's set up a tent outside the embassy, displaying a portrait of Prince William and Kate Middleton at its entrance.

"Are they going to let me die just because they wouldn't give me an invitation to the royal wedding?" she has written on a flier she's posted nearby, the Telegraph reports.

The April 29 wedding will be the biggest royal ceremony since the prince's mother, Lady Diana Spencer, married Prince Charles in 1981.

"My mother was a big fan of Lady Di too and she died when I was born, so I promised myself I would attend her son's wedding," the Telegraph quotes Chavez as saying.

Post by:
Filed under: Mexico • Royal wedding • United Kingdom • World
  1. mechatronics

What a loser. Get real.

February 19, 2011 at 12:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Aleeto

People are starving to death, getting killed, attacked , at war, and all you want is an invitation to a wedding which you can watch on TV! are you serious!!
    I seriously hope you dont get a ticket... the money you are asking for should be used to provide medicine and money for the needy, not for a plane ticket...

February 19, 2011 at 3:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Jeff

I don't mean to be facetious, but if she was fasting until there was world peace, she could waste away to nothing. Maybe she should have saved every peso she could spare to go to Westminster Abbey when she got this notion in her head. There's no shame in standing outside the venue. Why do thousands of visitors stand outside Buckingham Palace daily? They want to see the changing of the guard.

February 19, 2011 at 9:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. alma

after she get`s the invite I bet she will chain outside the mall for the dress and the shoes, and then it will be in the airport at British Airways for the plane tickets, when she gets to london the wedding will be already over and kate will be pregnant with their future baby............ what a looney......

February 19, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. alma

people are going on strikes and protest in the midleeast getting killed in order to get dictators out of their country and she does this......... please no no

February 19, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Megan

hahaha.
    someone really needs a life

February 20, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Guest

This girl obviously has issues. Feel sorry for her...
    Who cares about their wedding?...I sure don"t.

February 23, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. TengoEl ChorizoBienParao

I THINK SHE SHOULD THE HUNGER STRIKE FOR A GOOD CAUSE... FOR EXAMPLE ALL THE VIOLENCE THATS GOING IN ON RIGHT NOW WITH THE CARTELS. HER NOTE SHOULD SAY IM ON HUNGER STRIKE TILL ALL THE NARCOS STOP THE KILLINGS.

March 9, 2011 at 8:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Pinche Elmo

I wonder if i could do a hunger strike for my credit crads to lower the interest rates on it...

March 9, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. marcidevries

Maybe she could just watch the Royal Wedding online like the rest of us. (see how we're doing it here in the states) http://bit.ly/gUWWGs

April 4, 2011 at 10:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. lenceria fina

Thanks for every other informative website. The place else could I am getting that kind of info written in such an ideal manner? I have a project that I am just now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such info.

April 7, 2012 at 6:16 am | Report abuse | Reply